Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Ffs some people . She told him to kill him and smash his face in. Because he had mental health issues he took her literally as he was unable to differentiate between her true feelings ie she was joking when she said it.

Thank-you. Personally, I'd call that a twist.
  • MrOneLung said:

Me and wife's thoughts were that she said it to him knowing he would go ahead and do it though.

Possibly, but no doubt a twist right at the end !
  • Not Going Out used to be 1 of the funniest shows on tv but the new series is crap!!

Exactly. Loved it for years and years. Shite now
  • Anyone still going with fortitude series 2? So many wtf moments....

Just about hanging in there but it's a struggle.....
    Finished watching last night , lots of bits I had to hide behind my hands for .
  • Not Going Out used to be 1 of the funniest shows on tv but the new series is crap!!

Exactly. Loved it for years and years. Shite now
    Feel the same. Watched the first two episodes of the new series but have now given up. It's a shame as Bobby Ball lives local to us, and a 'saw you on tv the other night, very funny' would go down a lot better than 'that was shit, what happened?', as an ice breaker.
  • For any Spiral/Braquo French cop/legal fans, I have just finished on the All 4 website a series called Elite Squad. It really is excellent. 2 x 4 parters, the first of which has a minor role for the gorgeous Audrey Flourot.

Nearly done with Case as well, which is a bit disappointing if I'm honest.

Cheers. Will definitely check that out if Audrey's in it. My wife still thinks I watch Spiral for the story lines...

;-)
  • Sheridan Smith seems to star in a new drama each year lately.
    Mrs Biggs, 7.39, C Word, and now Moorside.
    Terrific actress
  • Just finished apple tree yard. I thought it was a very clever twist at the end, as it could be taken either way
  • Enjoyed Apple tree Yard but thought they could have got the whole thing into two episodes. Clinging on with Taboo but half way through episode 5 and beginning to wonder where it's going.
  • Talal said:

Just started Stranger Things, looks promising.

you won't regret it, great throwback to the 80's.
    I REALLY want to see this !

Do I have to sign up to Netflix, guys ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Caught up with Apple Tree Yard yesterday. Enjoyed it.
    Couldn't quite get my head around his defence counsel demolition of her credibility - was it supposed to strengthen his diminished responsibility plea?
    Prosecution counsel might as well have sat back and read a paper.
    Or not as it turns out!

Couldn't quite get my head around his defence counsel demolition of her credibility - was it supposed to strengthen his diminished responsibility plea?
    Or not as it turns out!

three way counsel though, wasnt it? Crown prosecution, the very severe looking woman. His counsel the very fit woman. And then her counsel, the guy. Never realised that such a configuration was possible, though of course it makes sense.

Or not as it turns out!

three way counsel though, wasnt it? Crown prosecution, the very severe looking woman. His counsel the very fit woman. And then her counsel, the guy. Never realised that such a configuration was possible, though of course it makes sense.
    I get that Prague -it just seemed at face value like his defence counsel was serving the prosecution case better than their own at that point.

Or not as it turns out!

I get that Prague -it just seemed at face value like his defence counsel was serving the prosecution case better than their own at that point.
    Yes, I got that too. Well, except that, at the time, I was pretty confused, which I suppose was the programme maker's intention. I guess it all shows that this was a pretty classy production, even if some of us were unsure after episode 1.

• Agreed Prague. Found first episode disappointing but glad stayed with it. Maybe could have had one episode less.

Or not as it turns out!

even if some of us were unsure after episode 1.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Yep, it didn't seem to be going anywhere and then out of nowhere, the rape.
  • Talal said:

Yes but there's a free month trial.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Ir invest in a Kodi box:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68019/kodi-not-a-footballer-we-have-been-linked-with
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

We did the free month trial for january - we managed to watch The Crown, Stranger things and Making a Murderer.

We're going to do another trial in March or April using my email address once we have a few programmes that we can watch on demand.

The app is great and so much better than 4OD or Iplayer (I watched a lot on my commute)
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

We did the free month trial for january - we managed to watch The Crown, Stranger things and Making a Murderer.

We're going to do another trial in March or April using my email address once we have a few programmes that we can watch on demand.

The app is great and so much better than 4OD or Iplayer (I watched a lot on my commute)
    Thanks, All.

Now that Mr F is home & convalescing we'll be watching a lot of TV.

Just one more question though...

What's an app ?

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Ir invest in a Kodi box:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68019/kodi-not-a-footballer-we-have-been-linked-with
    Yes that too, I have one. Just a bit simpler through Netflix.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Ir invest in a Kodi box:

Really? I don't have Netflix (in actual fact I think I do but I've never used it) but I find Kodi easy peasey to use.
  • where do people find the time to watch so much TV !

I've pretty much given up work.
  • Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.
  • Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.

We're watching the first episode now. The other half hates Marvel stuff but I didn't tell her anything about the show and she's hooked.

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Ir invest in a Kodi box:

Really? I don't have Netflix (in actual fact I think I do but I've never used it) but I find Kodi easy peasey to use.
    Kodi takes a while to get used to, Netflix is a doddle. I think for someone who isn't sure what an app is, it's probably better to start there.

We're watching the first episode now. The other half hates Marvel stuff but I didn't tell her anything about the show and she's hooked.

I watched this last night. It's unlike anything else I've seen but there were hints in it that it is going to morph into an X-Men/Avengers type of thing. Impressed with the first one though.

I watched this last night. It's unlike anything else I've seen but there were hints in it that it is going to morph into an X-Men/Avengers type of thing. Impressed with the first one though.
    It definitely went very 'Marvel' at the end. I liked the way they built up to it.
  • 2nd part of Moorside tonight.
    Good but seemed to drag on a bit in parts.
    Said last week, maybe it would have been better as one 90 minute drama rather than spread over 2 weeks as 2 hours.
    Still good regardless
  • The latest Scandinavian offering from More 4 entitled The Team starts on Friday at 9pm. Sounds good. 3 prostitutes killed in 3 different countries all shot in the eye and had a finger cut off. Hoping it can match the Bridge. Good eye candy as well.