Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• The Replacement. Superb.

Yes, really good. Looking forward to the conclusion next week, certainly a brilliant series, if a little short.

• Broadchurch warming up nicely

I thought episode 2 was unbelievably boring. Pretty much zilch happened until the last 10 mins.
    Yeah. I'm holding judgement on it. Has the potential to be a complete turkey.

Yes, really good. Looking forward to the conclusion next week, certainly a brilliant series, if a little short.

The fact it is only 3 episodes is a plus point for me.
    Enjoying it.
  • Broadchurch warming up nicely

I thought episode 2 was unbelievably boring. Pretty much zilch happened until the last 10 mins.
    Yeah. I'm holding judgement on it. Has the potential to be a complete turkey.
    Broadchurch falls into the trap of dragging a 5 episode storyline into 8 episodes.

I know they like it to be a slow burner but TOO MANY EPISODES !!!

Makes a nice change though.
    Usually a series over 6 or 8 episodes gets reviewed as "could have been a bit shorter".
    In this case there is less pointless filler and more actual drama rather than what we often get, a half decent 55 minutes with a thrilling last 5 to get you excited about next week.

Makes a nice change though.
    Usually a series over 6 or 8 episodes gets reviewed as "could have been a bit shorter".
    In this case there is less pointless filler and more actual drama rather than what we often get, a half decent 55 minutes with a thrilling last 5 to get you excited about next week.
    I know what you mean, you don't want it to drag on too long, but probably could be a 5 part series without too much effort, although we'll all see how it ends up.

• Has anyone been watching This is Us ?

A US drama with some comedy in it - not sure what channel it is on but my mum recommended it and streamed first two episodes last night.
  • The Replacement is great TV. I like the fact that's it's only a 3 part series. Too many of these TV Drama series are very good, but drag things out for too long. Broadchurch is a perfect example.
  • MrOneLung said:

Has anyone been watching This is Us ?

A US drama with some comedy in it - not sure what channel it is on but my mum recommended it and streamed first two episodes last night.

We LOVE it, MOL. It's on Channel 4 on Tuesdays.

Also enjoying Replacement.
  • finished watching Atlanta. American comedy. first couple of episodes are really quite good but it starts to fall away at the end though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEdJ-mmTlY

• Sponsored links:

• How does Taboo compare to Peaky Blinders? I gave up on season 3 of that as it was so much style over substance

I agree re Peaky Blinders.
  • MrOneLung said:

Good twist at end of the first episode really made us go WHAT !!!!

No doubt will watch a few episodes a week.
  • The Replacement is great TV. I like the fact that's it's only a 3 part series. Too many of these TV Drama series are very good, but drag things out for too long. Broadchurch is a perfect example.

The worst example of dragging it out is Walking Dead. First few seasons were great. Now it's a bunch of pretentious acting scenes bolted together with some zombie killing.
    All you want from the current series is the fight with Negan's gang. But yet again they're draaaaaaagging it out with internal monologues and painfully long sequences between two characters.
  • Valley11 said:

The Replacement is great TV. I like the fact that's it's only a 3 part series. Too many of these TV Drama series are very good, but drag things out for too long. Broadchurch is a perfect example.

The worst example of dragging it out is Walking Dead. First few seasons were great. Now it's a bunch of pretentious acting scenes bolted together with some zombie killing.
    All you want from the current series is the fight with Negan's gang. But yet again they're draaaaaaagging it out with internal monologues and painfully long sequences between two characters.
    And then they will have another mid-season/end of series break before it even happens...
  • Don't know about anyone else but I was pretty underwhelmed by the conclusion to the replacement last night. Predictable and far fetched, but maybe my expectations were unrealistically high after the first two episodes as they were very good.

we were saying the same at work earlier, really disappointing ending
  • Don't know about anyone else but I was pretty underwhelmed by the conclusion to the replacement last night. Predictable and far fetched, but maybe my expectations were unrealistically high after the first two episodes as they were very good.

Exactly what we said at work this morning.
    Maybe the first two were too good.
    Felt a bit like the writers weren't sure how to end it maybe?
    Still a very good series.
  • second series of The Last Kingdom starts Thursday, first was very enjoyable imho
  • New series of Line of Duty starts in a couple of weeks.
  • edited March 2017

second series of The Last Kingdom starts Thursday, first was very enjoyable imho

I quite liked The Last Kingdom but its limited budget was painful at times. It'll be interesting to see what the Netflix tie up brings to the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017

Caught the first prime suspect 1973, very good, very much like life on mars.

Watched the first 2 during some down time at work today - really enjoying it so far.

Me too, deserved a better conclusion.

• Just finished series 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime of The Bureau, about the French Secret Service DGCS arm. Strongly recommended for fans of French drama series.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Good twist at end of the first episode really made us go WHAT !!!!

No doubt will watch a few episodes a week.
    we were hooked after the first episode, have now seen the whole first series and (with the possible exception of one weak episode) it was brilliant
  • Just finished series 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime of The Bureau, about the French Secret Service DGCS arm. Strongly recommended for fans of French drama series.

Seconded, although I am only on e.3 of series 2, which, as I read, is considered one of the finest French TV dramas ever, and this is the country that gave us Spiral.

Must say though that I am struggling with the new series of Follow the Money. I think the first episode, bringing back the old characters, felt pretty contrived. Not sure it has justified its second series. But let's see.

• edited March 2017
    Agree on Follow the money. Watched all 10 episodes of series 2 of the Bureau in 2 days as free membership expired today.
  • Another vote for This Is Us - not seen any reviews or mentions of it bit think is full of great characters and well written.

Shame about the last 20 minutes but otherwise The Replacement was great .

SSGB is badly written, sadly not a patch on Man In The High Castle.
  • Love on Netflix, strong telly.
  • Not a new tv series but only discovered it a week or so ago.

Bellamy's People, brilliant stuff.

Also 2nd series of the Last Kingdom starts tonight
  • Not a new tv series but only discovered it a week or so ago.

Bellamy's People, brilliant stuff.

Also 2nd series of the Last Kingdom starts tonight

Well grapple me grapenuts, didn't realise he was still making programmes.