Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Loving Designated Survivor .
  • Anybody watching 13 reasons why on Netflix?

Really really good show, A teenage girl commits suicide and she leaves a set of 7 cassette tapes behind for the people who wronged her, each episode is 1 side of a tape telling the story of 1 person and how they contributed to the suicide.

One of the best things I've watched this year so far.
  • 13 Reasons is fantastic, started it two nights ago and I'm already on episode 8.
  • 13 Reasons is fantastic, started it two nights ago and I'm already on episode 8.

Started it Wednesday on a day off and finished it last.

It's really hard to not watch "just one more" with Netflix putting all episodes out at once.
  • Last nights Line of Duty was excellent. This series seems to be as good as the others, brilliant TV.
  • Finished series 1 of the Danish drama The Legacy. The sky box automatically downloaded the first episode of series 2 and I have seen this also.

The biggest mystery is why I’m still watching it. It is boring, the characters are strange, unbelievable and unlikeable. There are no redeeming features whatsoever to this show. There has not been a single episode where I’ve not checked its progress, and on average there’s always about another 30 minutes to endure.

I really do need to get out more, I certainly wouldn’t be watching it if I had a job. To make matters worse I’ve just noticed that series 3 is also available on demand. I may need to go 'cold turkey' on this. If all else fails, I will book myself into therapy.

Really really good show, A teenage girl commits suicide and she leaves a set of 7 cassette tapes behind for the people who wronged her, each episode is 1 side of a tape telling the story of 1 person and how they contributed to the suicide.

Agreed, very good show. Finished it all in 3 days .
  • Thanks for the heads up re 13 reasons, guys.

As newbies to Netflix , we have so far loved Stranger Things, The OA ( not quite so much) & Designated Survivor.

Will opt for House of Cards at some point but Mr F is watching Marco Polo at the moment - not my cup of tea although every time I look up from my laptop, there's nudity, sex or gore in shot !
  • Recommend the Get Down on Netflix, it's entertaining at worst and informative too at it's best.

As newbies to Netflix , we have so far loved Stranger Things, The OA ( not quite so much) & Designated Survivor.

Will opt for House of Cards at some point but Mr F is watching Marco Polo at the moment - not my cup of tea although every time I look up from my laptop, there's nudity, sex or gore in shot !

House of cards is the best thing on Netflix bar none.
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished series 1 of the Danish drama The Legacy. The sky box automatically downloaded the first episode of series 2 and I have seen this also.

The biggest mystery is why I’m still watching it. It is boring, the characters are strange, unbelievable and unlikeable. There are no redeeming features whatsoever to this show. There has not been a single episode where I’ve not checked its progress, and on average there’s always about another 30 minutes to endure.

I really do need to get out more, I certainly wouldn’t be watching it if I had a job. To make matters worse I’ve just noticed that series 3 is also available on demand. I may need to go 'cold turkey' on this. If all else fails, I will book myself into therapy.

I really enjoyed The Legacy. The second season is even duller but somehow unmissable

Sounds a bit like a re-interpretation of An Inspector Calls.
  • New Peter Kay's car share started last night and all 4 new episodes are on Iplayer now, some really funny moments in the episodes.
  • New Peter Kay's car share started last night and all 4 new episodes are on Iplayer now, some really funny moments in the episodes.

• New Prison Break

I was so surprised, it felt like it hadn't gone away for 7 or 8 years!
  • There is a Welsh made cops and villains series that I watch on iPlayer, 'Hinterland' .. rather bleak and slow in parts but I like it a lot .. a little bit of the dialogue is in Welsh with English subtitles
  • There is a Welsh made cops and villains series that I watch on iPlayer, 'Hinterland' .. rather bleak and slow in parts but I like it a lot .. a little bit of the dialogue is in Welsh with English subtitles

Absolute garbage imo.

House of cards is the best thing on Netflix bar none.
    I hope you mean the original, rather than that yank crap.
  • Currently binge watching Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon. It is excellent.

Haven't watched the latest series but quite enjoyed the first series. Bit of a scandi-noir knockoff but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Just started Fargo on Netflix with Martin Freeman (doing a really impressive American accent) and brilliant Billy Bob Thorton as a contract killer. Really good. Apparently season three starts this week staring Ewan McGegor.
  • Valley11 said:

Just started Fargo on Netflix with Martin Freeman (doing a really impressive American accent) and brilliant Billy Bob Thorton as a contract killer. Really good. Apparently season three starts this week staring Ewan McGegor.

Yeah, I was surprised at how good Martin Freeman is but it does seem strange, out of all the American actors they choose him?
  • Just started Murder In Successville. Very very funny.
  • As a Scandi fan I have to say that I thought Department Q (from Denmark) on BBC4, which I watched last night (it's one of 3 x 90 minutes) is below par. Finished The Team, enjoyed that, even if the final minutes of resolution made me wince a bit.
  • Anyone been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, it's shite, poor imitation of House of Cards.

But what's worse, I'm still bloody watching it, how dumb is that!
  • Currently binge watching Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon. It is excellent.

Like this as well
  • Steve Parrish CEO of the Nigels is going to be one of the Dragons on the next series of Dragons Den. Turning into Simon Jordan almost complete.
  • Watched the first two episodes of the new Better Call Saul last night. Good start. Have the first episode of new Fargo lined up for tonight.
  • Anyone been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, it's shite, poor imitation of House of Cards.

It's better than shite and Sutherland is excellent. Without him in it, I'd have given up ages ago.

I love it