Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• American Gods has a great feel about it. No idea where it's going but it's very watchable.
  • American Gods has a great feel about it. No idea where it's going but it's very watchable.

I'm a fan of Gaiman's writing so I'll be giving this a watch.
  • If you liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones, will you like The Defenders?

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-first-defenders-trailer-teases-a-4-way-hallway-fight-evil-electra-and-the-perfect-response-im-the-immortal-iron-fist/

OK, it's a naff name and the comic in the 1980s was lame, but Netflix's Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been two of the best comics-on-TV shows so there's hope for this. Also, Sigourney Weaver!!!!
  • Thought Jamestown was utter pants. Mrs SB enjoyed it.
  • Thought Jamestown was utter pants. Mrs SB enjoyed it.

The three women on the poster look like 'babes' whereas in reality they'd probably have been diseased with rotting teeth, that's if they even had any teeth, and the chances of even one of them being a 'looker' would have been pretty remote.
  • Discovered "taskmaster" on Dave this week, very funny show where little known celebs have to perform tasks,
    The tasks are basically designed to make them look stupid, but in a funny way
  • That's series 4 chef.
    Well worth watching the first 3 series too.

All a bit silly but good fun
  • That's series 4 chef.
    Well worth watching the first 3 series too.

All a bit silly but good fun

I've worked my way through the first 2 already, some parts have had me in tears from laughing so much
  • Not a new show by any means but I finally discovered Parks and Recreation a couple of months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice short 20 minute episodes with lots of genuine laugh out loud moments, which you can easily jump in and out of.
  • edited May 2017

Not a new show by any means but I finally discovered Parks and Recreation a couple of months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice short 20 minute episodes with lots of genuine laugh out loud moments, which you can easily jump in and out of.

Ron Swanson might just be my favourite TV character ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Leftovers. Compelling viewing. The first two seasons were weird but season 3 WTF? Gotta keep watching, I'm hooked.
  • Not a T.V series per se, but from Netflix, the series 13 Reasons Why.

I have to say, from the point of view of someone who has at one time in life felt that there was no option but suicide and lost my mother to suicide, this was emotional viewing. I loved the story, it was believable, painful, heart warming at times and sad. Despite certain reviews, it did not glorify or make light of suicide. It did not glorify or make light of mental health issues. I have felt as hopeless as Hannah, I have felt as distraught as Hannah's family and the desperation to find out why. The acting was spot on, I truly felt for Hannah, her family and her friends.

If this were based on a true story, Hannah would be that beautiful person we all knew from school/work/family or just from friendship groups that people found it too easy to target, they would knock them, knock them and knock them. Hannah would be the that beautiful person that failed to find the support or internal strength to overcome those issues.

It had me smiling, crying and remembering personal pains. I was stunned still at the end knowing what the final episode would be. It was graphic, but undoubtedly required to bring Hannah's story to an end...
  • Definitely not new but been off Tom dick today and watched the first episode of the original twin peaks. Odd
  • Everyone seems to like it but I got bored of 13 reasons why, to be honest. Bit too high school for me.
  • Taskmaster series 4 on Dave. I know comedy is always a very subjective thing, but I find it very funny.
  • Not a new show by any means but I finally discovered Parks and Recreation a couple of months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice short 20 minute episodes with lots of genuine laugh out loud moments, which you can easily jump in and out of.

Ron Swanson might just be my favourite TV character ever.
    My missus reckons in many ways I'm a cross between Ron Swanson and Sheldon Cooper. I don't know whether to be pleased or appalled.
  • Little boy blue is a fantastic series.

The raw and highly emotional subject has been acted sublimely.

I know they are completely different, but this pi55es all over 'line of duty' for me.
  • ^ tough watch but excellently told and acted. Glad I stumbled across it during the first episode.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mentioned many times on here before but if you've not seen Detectorists the first episode is on BBC tonight. Gentle comedy, worth a watch
  • Apart from 3 Girls, which has got its own thread, anyone else been watching the OJ Simpson series (not the tv drama which is being re-aired) but the 5 part documentary on BBC?. It started with the Rodney King "beating" and the LAPD cops that were found not guilty (and the subsequent riots that followed) to the OJ Simpson trial. Some harrowing scenes, especially of the white truck driver getting beaten senseless by a couple of black guys & the cops unwilling to come out of their barricaded station to help him - to the pictures of Nicole & Ron Goodman lying in pools if blood. Disgusting that OJ's defence barrister, in his summing up, compared a LAPD policeman (Mark Furhman) to Hitler !!

Also great programme last night on the Yorkshire Ripper's victims that survived & how they've coped (or not)
  • edited May 2017
    bbob said:

Has anyone seen American Gods yet? Don't have prime but definitely something I want to see

Watched the first ep yesterday - and I still don't really know what it is about but will be watching the second. There was some messed up left field bizarreness in there, I'm sure it will all fall into some sort of plot eventually.
    Have watched the first & second ep and 1/2 of the third, not sure where it is going, just when I think I understand it, along comes another plots/ twist and any understanding I had gets thrown out the window.
  • Very underrated actor.

• Really enjoying this series of Better Call Saul, it's all coming together now. Last one next week though I think, then time to binge on the new season of House of Cards.
  • Still 4 more eps to go in Better Call Saul
  • Enjoying the Brian Johnson (of AC/DC fame) series on Sky Arts.

Likeable Geordie lad meets a different rock icon each week. So far that has been Roger Daltrey, Lars Ulrich and Nick Mason. Tonight is Sting. Great insight into the madness of Rock, the stories and the very great wealth generated.

As a precursor to this series I also recommend AC/DC’s Brian Johnson: Rock Icon. Former MP and metal fan Louise Mensch meets Brian in his luxury house in Florida. Johnson seems a genuine, down to earth guy who enjoys a lifestyle that is beyond the comprehension of most.

All of these programs are available on catch up TV.
  • My son likes US sitcoms and tends to watch them over and over again. This week I decided we should look for another one and we've started watching Brooklyn nine nine. It's about a Police precinct. It is very funny and has a similar format to many 70s cop shows. It's not very intellectual but it does make me laugh - and more importantly makes him laugh.
  • My son likes US sitcoms and tends to watch them over and over again. This week I decided we should look for another one and we've started watching Brooklyn nine nine. It's about a Police precinct. It is very funny and has a similar format to many 70s cop shows. It's not very intellectual but it does make me laugh - and more importantly makes him laugh.

Love Brooklyn Nine Nine, very enjoyable watch. Except the episodes with Pimento, who always seems to say quite grim, violent things.