Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Carter said:

Carter said:

White gold has had me doubled up laughing. All episodes on iplayer at the moment

What's it about Carter?
    Double glazing salesmen in the early 80's in Essex. The actors who played Jay and Simon in the inbetweeners are in it and a couple of other actors who I have seen in lots of stuff before but can't place feature too. It's written by one of the blokes who did the inbetweeners and features enough vulgarity to press my buttons. The comedy is very inbetweener-ish too
    Unbeknown to me, The writer grew up where I did and much of it is filmed around there.

I spent many a day at the ' dogging' park! :-(
    On a Friday by chance ?
    Friday.Pah!
    You should see it on a Saturday. Utter filth!
  • Anyone been watching Paula on the Beeb? 2 down of a 3 parter. Quite dark but definitely keeping me interested.
  • Yes very good.
  • have recorded Paula but not started yet as we just finished little boy blue, we're 1 ep into three girls, 1 ep into Broken and to balance it out we have to binge watch Taskmaster to cheer ourselves up!
  • Thoroughly enjoying iZombie series 3.

I catch and episode of Shed and Buried when I can. It's repeated ad infinitum on freesat - Travel Channel, I think - so not hard to find another one to watch. You could argue it's basically the same every week, and Henry Cole's delivery is annoying, but some of the bikes they turn up are wonders to behold and the mechanic, Sam, seems to be a bit of a genius with a spanner. I particularly liked the time he made a tyre for a penny-farthing front wheel.

I think iZombie is really well written. Got a bit of the tongue n cheek Buffy about it. One of the few shows I can sit down with my daughter and watch and have a laugh.
  • Anyone been watching Paula on the Beeb? 2 down of a 3 parter. Quite dark but definitely keeping me interested.

Watched the first one last night, I struggled a bit as I had a good drink at lunchtime so my attention span was a bit fuzzy. Will give Ep 2 a go and see if it keeps me interested.
  • Anyone watched the new prison break? Thought it ended a bit abruptly...
  • edited June 2017
    Been watching BBC 2 crime programme "The Chillenden Murders" about the killing of Lyn & Megan Russell in Kent 20 years ago. Michael Stone is in prison for their murder and the evidence against him is not just flimsy but shockingly non-existent. No DNA evidence, no formal ID & the car sighted in the area doesnt match the one he owned or had access to.

I hope he gets granted an appeal.
  • Was going to say the same Golf. Good two-parter.

I was always uneasy with his conviction. Now I'm 99.9% sure he didn't do it, or at a minimum should not have been found guilty.
  • Love Island and Big brother... I'll get my coat ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Jamestown is a slow burner but is very watchable.

These 3 help...
  • Anyone watched the new prison break? Thought it ended a bit abruptly...

It's like it never ended... literally same budget, same actors, same acting skills :lol:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Jamestown is a slow burner but is very watchable.

These 3 help...

Cant really get into it that much, not sure why. think i have like 2 episodes oustanding where i just haven't been bothered to watch yet.
  • Love Island is great. Just for Jessica alone.

Abby was it? Had my eye... Until she got off with the Essex bloke who's a right little w***er.

Montana is irritating.

Watched the first one last night, I struggled a bit as I had a good drink at lunchtime so my attention span was a bit fuzzy. Will give Ep 2 a go and see if it keeps me interested.
    Half way through episode 2 and I'm beginning to struggle. It's just a bit weird.
  • Fargo. Loved series 2. But wtf was the spaceship bollocks all about?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Love Island is great. Just for Jessica alone.

Abby was it? Had my eye... Until she got off with the Essex bloke who's a right little w***er.

Montana is irritating.
    Amber, i like her too and one of the other ones (googles name) Camilla

Obviously they are all not too bad, Men seem full of ego and tw@ts. I am sure they didnt seem that bad last year and Harley was a bit of a drip, he knew her 1 day lol
  • Amber seems very loose.

I can't stop thinking about Jessica's thighs. Incredible.

Camilla is tidy as well. Not said much though, think the rich bloke coming in tonight will interest her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amber seems very loose.

I can't stop thinking about Jessica's thighs. Incredible.

Camilla is tidy as well. Not said much though, think the rich bloke coming in tonight will interest her.

Please don't pollute this thread with reality TV shit.

Without a photo.
  • am enjoying the second series of Versaille but some a bit dodgy for train watching.

Amen to that brother.
  • am enjoying the second series of Versaille but some a bit dodgy for train watching.

You'll be ok, your fellow commuters probably think you're watching Springwatch, with all that beever.
  • Enjoying Broken by Jimmy McGovern.
  • Not a series but just watched Catching A Killer, was on 4 last week.
    Never seen a police documentary with such high level of access.

Incredible but also heartbreaking to watch.

I love everything Jimmy McGovern has done (The Street in particular), but this is very dark and depressing. A tough watch at times

I love everything Jimmy McGovern has done (The Street in particular), but this is very dark and depressing. A tough watch at times
    Very deep and I would imagine it's not for everybody but I'm really enjoying it. The acting is world class.

I was always uneasy with his conviction. Now I'm 99.9% sure he didn't do it, or at a minimum should not have been found guilty.

Watched this last night. Stone is clearly not a nice person, but there is no way he did it - the complete lack of evidence proves that.

Watched this last night. Stone is clearly not a nice person, but there is no way he did it - the complete lack of evidence proves that.

And yet 2 juries bought into the alleged prison confession, apparently disregarding the lack of any evidence linking Stone to the crime scene.
    At face value it beggars belief.
    Also, the "missing" bootlace has rather sinister implications.
    Excellent programme.