Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Broken is tough but great.
    More votes for Paula and The Handmaiden's Tale.
    On the down side, Fargo series 1 and esp. series 2 excellent, but new series is unwatchable.
  • Been watching BBC 2 crime programme "The Chillenden Murders" about the killing of Lyn & Megan Russell in Kent 20 years ago. Michael Stone is in prison for their murder and the evidence against him is not just flimsy but shockingly non-existent. No DNA evidence, no formal ID & the car sighted in the area doesnt match the one he owned or had access to.

I hope he gets granted an appeal.

If you had met him you wouldn't, horrible nasty piece of work
  • edited June 2017

Amber seems very loose.

I can't stop thinking about Jessica's thighs. Incredible.

Camilla is tidy as well. Not said much though, think the rich bloke coming in tonight will interest her.

Please don't pollute this thread with reality TV shit.

Without a photo.

• edited June 2017

Been watching BBC 2 crime programme "The Chillenden Murders" about the killing of Lyn & Megan Russell in Kent 20 years ago. Michael Stone is in prison for their murder and the evidence against him is not just flimsy but shockingly non-existent. No DNA evidence, no formal ID & the car sighted in the area doesnt match the one he owned or had access to.

I hope he gets granted an appeal.

If you had met him you wouldn't, horrible nasty piece of work
    He may well be but that doesn't mean he should locked up for 25 years for something he hasn't done.......which, after watching that 2 part programme, I'm convinced that he wasn't involved.
  • Salad said:

Broken is tough but great.
    More votes for Paula and The Handmaiden's Tale.
    On the down side, Fargo series 1 and esp. series 2 excellent, but new series is unwatchable.

S3 isn't as good but still very enjoyable I think. It was always going to be tough to match the first two.

The second season of F Is For Family on Netflix is decent. It's not exactly classic comedy but easily digestible and well worth a go.
  • Lol at some of the comments on that link.

All in all , a hugely disappointing final episode with more questions than answers.

The Fanackapans looked at each other and in unison cried" What the hell was all that about ?????"
  • edited June 2017
    Not new but Misfits is on Amazon Sky/NOW TV Box Sets. Love it.
  • edited June 2017
    Anyone watch The Loch on ITV last night. Rather grim in places & thought there was a few too many "things" going on...........the brother in a coma being one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watch The Loch on ITV last night. Rather grim in places & thought there was a few too many "things" going on...........the brother in a coma being one.

I thought it was pretty good, but next week I'll be watching with subtitles on.
  • Anyone watch The Loch on ITV last night. Rather grim in places & thought there was a few too many "things" going on...........the brother in a coma being one.

The killing meets broad church in a Scottish accent.
  • Paula was absolute pants. Just sorry I watched it all. I had a feeling after the first episode but stuck with it. More fool me. Got the loch on sky plus. At least I don't need subtitles!

I thought it was pretty good, but next week I'll be watching with subtitles on.
    We rewound about 10 times to understand what they were saying and to try and understand the plot.

Pretty confident we now get it.
  • edited June 2017
    Demelza is back. Always good to watch on a Sunday.

Sorry, I mean Poldark
  • Didn't get on with the Loch I'm afraid. Just dodntvlike the feel of it. Also too many non-Scots actors with crap Scottish accents for my tastes.
  • Enjoyed Bosch season 3 on Amazon. Similar to first two seasons, but entertaining.

Just finished Rogue season 4. All the seasons come across as not that well written and a bit cliche, but it is still very watchable.

Now started the Americans season 4. First episode typically tense.
  • The third episode of Handmaid's Tale was about the darkest thing I've seen on telly, brilliant
  • edited June 2017
    The Handmaid's Tale is ridiculously bleak but extremely well done. A 1984 for the 21st Century.

Elisabeth Moss is a fine actress.
  • Watched first episode of Paula, after comments here not sure about 2 and 3. Thought The Loch was ok. The one last night, Ruthless ? On ITV was much better. Caught up with the Chilli den Murders. Stone is a wrong un but no way should he have been convicted on the 'evidence' if you can call it that. No fronensic, if you had hammered three people to death you would have blood on you and cloths and would have severely contaminated the crime scene. Hope he gets a retrial.
  • Sponsored links:

• Recorded Paula, read many reviews here and elsewhere, decided not to bother.

Recorded fearless last night, will wait for some feedback before I bother to start that.
  • Recorded Paula, read many reviews here and elsewhere, decided not to bother.

Recorded fearless last night, will wait for some feedback before I bother to start that.

Reasonable start, steve, not earth shattering but worth sticking with IMHO.
  • Getting a bit tired of all these dramas based in Ireland and Scotland over last couple of years. Need subtitles as they don't speak the Queens English.
  • We gave up on Paula after 25 mins.

No problem understanding it, it was just mind numbingly boring.
  • Anyone been watching Cardinal on BBC4? Haven't started it yet personally so wondering if it is worth it.
  • Anyone been watching Cardinal on BBC4? Haven't started it yet personally so wondering if it is worth it.

It's very good mate.
  • White Gold - probably one of the worst things I've seen in years. Even the actors look embarrassed to be in it.
  • I'm half way through the first episode of Riviera. Hate it, I think my other half likes it to spite me.
  • Just binged watched season two of Fargo. I'm so disappointed. So disappointed that I'm sure I won't find a TV show this year as brilliant as this one. Pure Class
  • White Gold - probably one of the worst things I've seen in years. Even the actors look embarrassed to be in it.

Dunno if I'd go quite that far, but watched thew first episode and thought it was pretty terrible. Was getting the hard sell from the Beeb too which, to be fair, they usually only do with their better stuff but this would have felt like old hat if it was broadcast in the eighties, not just set then.