Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I've just caught up in the second season of Stan Lee's Lucky Man.

It's not terribly intellectual but it is well written and it is the kind of show that you can watch back to back from start to finish without and repetition.

If you haven't watched any of them I'd give it an look.
  • Sorry but I thought it was awful.
  • Redhenry said:

Sorry but I thought it was awful.

Are you talking about season two or the whole program?

I'm a big fan of the Marvel/superhero genre so maybe it's just more my bag.
  • Was easy watching. Silly but enjoyable.
  • Designated Survivor Netflix series - I haven't been hooked on a show since breaking bad. Starts fast and doesn't ease up. The worst episode was the finale in my opinion.

I'm also re-watching the peep show. Absolutely hilarious!

Better call Saul series 3 - a bit slow but it's just starting to kick off
  • Handmaid's tail anyone?

Thought it was great
  • Suits. Totally disposable in a fun way.

Liked it.
  • johnny73 said:

Suits. Totally disposable in a fun way.

I loved suits, White Collar is kinda similar and also very enjoyable.

Designated Survivor is one of the best things I've watched in ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• As usual, not exactly new, bu we just finished the 'The OA' last night on Netflix. Not one for those who need their plots to be fast moving, but I found it really intriguing and quite different to anything I'd seen before. Hard to really put it into a genre and I won't say too much about it as I think the less you know going in the more enjoyable it is.

I gather season 2 has been commissioned. Will be interesting to see what they do with that, I think it could have been a really excellent one off series, but the Yanks don't really go in for the less is more approach to TV.

Anyone else watched? What did you think?
  • As usual, not exactly new, bu we just finished the 'The OA' last night on Netflix. Not one for those who need their plots to be fast moving, but I found it really intriguing and quite different to anything I'd seen before. Hard to really put it into a genre and I won't say too much about it as I think the less you know going in the more enjoyable it is.

I gather season 2 has been commissioned. Will be interesting to see what they do with that, I think it could have been a really excellent one off series, but the Yanks don't really go in for the less is more approach to TV.

I started it and thought the first 2 episodes were good but by the 4th had sort of lost interest, I will finish it but it didn't blow me away.

Started "the keepers" on Netflix last night, documentary similar to "making a murderer" about the still unsolved murder of a nun in 1969 and the subsequent investegation​/cover up, well worth a watch.
  • Just finished watching 13 Reasons. Really enjoyed it, very good character building and it had me hooked. There were some very graphic moments that caught me a bit by surprise

I started it and thought the first 2 episodes were good but by the 4th had sort of lost interest, I will finish it but it didn't blow me away.

Started "the keepers" on Netflix last night, documentary similar to "making a murderer" about the still unsolved murder of a nun in 1969 and the subsequent investegation​/cover up, well worth a watch.
    I'm 4 episodes into "The Keepers" and getting a bit bored to be honest. I wont spoil anything but for me they're focusing too much on the story around the murder - yes, it's important but it just feels like they're covering the same issues over and over again. I'm still hooked though and will be watching the rest.
  • edited May 2017

I've just caught up in the second season of Stan Lee's Lucky Man.

It's not terribly intellectual but it is well written and it is the kind of show that you can watch back to back from start to finish without and repetition.

If you haven't watched any of them I'd give it an look.

Agreed i've watched them both, easy to watch and quite like it myself. Definitely worth a watch imo

The Trial, i haven't seen the final episode yet cheers for spoiler alert...
  • edited May 2017

My son likes US sitcoms and tends to watch them over and over again. This week I decided we should look for another one and we've started watching Brooklyn nine nine. It's about a Police precinct. It is very funny and has a similar format to many 70s cop shows. It's not very intellectual but it does make me laugh - and more importantly makes him laugh.

Love Brooklyn Nine Nine, very enjoyable watch. Except the episodes with Pimento, who always seems to say quite grim, violent things.
    Almost like that's his character :wink:

I love anything with Terry Crews in. He just can't help being hilarious. Or ripped.
  • Sorry if this should be on the films thread but Closed Circuit on Film 4 is well worth a watch.
  • Dazzler21 said:

My son likes US sitcoms and tends to watch them over and over again. This week I decided we should look for another one and we've started watching Brooklyn nine nine. It's about a Police precinct. It is very funny and has a similar format to many 70s cop shows. It's not very intellectual but it does make me laugh - and more importantly makes him laugh.

Love Brooklyn Nine Nine, very enjoyable watch. Except the episodes with Pimento, who always seems to say quite grim, violent things.
    Almost like that's his character :wink:

I love anything with Terry Crews in. He just can't help being hilarious. Or ripped.
    He's just appeared in it for us - he's a bit scary!
  • Chillenden Murders on BBC2 tonight was very good. Second one is next Tuesday.
  • House of Cards season 5 . Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• House of Cards season 5 . Brilliant

Thanks, I didn't know it was out.

Astonishingly good, tough watch, but well worth it, does the book justice
  • johnny73 said:

Suits. Totally disposable in a fun way.

I loved suits, White Collar is kinda similar and also very enjoyable.

Designated Survivor is one of the best things I've watched in ages.
    How good is this thread? I'm two episodes in and I'm hooked!
  • Just finished prison break, really enjoyed it as usual and I'd say left it slightly open for season 6 though I'm not sure I'd even want it. Would say more but know most won't see it till next week.
  • Loving new Fargo! Only 1 ep down.
  • White gold has had me doubled up laughing. All episodes on iplayer at the moment
  • Carter said:

White gold has had me doubled up laughing. All episodes on iplayer at the moment

What's it about Carter?
  • Carter said:

White gold has had me doubled up laughing. All episodes on iplayer at the moment

What's it about Carter?
    Double glazing salesmen in the early 80's in Essex. The actors who played Jay and Simon in the inbetweeners are in it and a couple of other actors who I have seen in lots of stuff before but can't place feature too. It's written by one of the blokes who did the inbetweeners and features enough vulgarity to press my buttons. The comedy is very inbetweener-ish too
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

What's it about Carter?
    Double glazing salesmen in the early 80's in Essex. The actors who played Jay and Simon in the inbetweeners are in it and a couple of other actors who I have seen in lots of stuff before but can't place feature too. It's written by one of the blokes who did the inbetweeners and features enough vulgarity to press my buttons. The comedy is very inbetweener-ish too
    Unbeknown to me, The writer grew up where I did and much of it is filmed around there.

I spent many a day at the ' dogging' park! :-(
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

What's it about Carter?
    Unbeknown to me, The writer grew up where I did and much of it is filmed around there.

I spent many a day at the ' dogging' park! :-(
    On a Friday by chance ?