Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Not really a series (as such) but best thing on terrestrial tv atm imo are "The detectives" on ITV and "Missing" on BBC1 - fly on the wall / reality tv at its best.
  • Anybody watching 13 reasons why on Netflix?

Really really good show, A teenage girl commits suicide and she leaves a set of 7 cassette tapes behind for the people who wronged her, each episode is 1 side of a tape telling the story of 1 person and how they contributed to the suicide.

One of the best things I've watched this year so far.

Watched them all in a space of a week - very good.
  • C4 'Born to Kill' .. disturbing
  • Valley11 said:

Just started Fargo on Netflix with Martin Freeman (doing a really impressive American accent) and brilliant Billy Bob Thorton as a contract killer. Really good. Apparently season three starts this week staring Ewan McGregor.

Seasons 1 and 2 are magnificent.

The first one of S3 was decent. I didn't know McGregor would be playing 2 roles, I like that.

Better Call Saul has been its low key self but should pick up after this week's events.

Archer is back soon as well, that's going back to 'noir' of the 40s/50s.

Designated Survivor is okay, it's gone off the boil recently. The blue books in the most recent episode are dumb.
  • Prison Break is superb
  • Watching Bigheads at the moment I can only say it is a big disappointment to me. I thought it would be quite intellectual with Albert Einstein on it. Honestly though whoever commissioned this Shiite needs stringing up.
  • Little boy blue. Heart wrenching stuff.
  • Tonight we finished watching the 6 part series on Sky Atlantic "Guerrilla".

Thoroughly enjoyed it & would recommend to others - especially if you like a "well I'm blowed!" moment at the end.
  • Watching Bigheads at the moment I can only say it is a big disappointment to me. I thought it would be quite intellectual with Albert Einstein on it. Honestly though whoever commissioned this Shiite needs stringing up.

Couldn't agree more. Was like a shit 'It's a Knockout'.
  • anyone been watching 'big little lies' on Sky? Enjoyed it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

Couldn't agree more. Was like a shit 'It's a Knockout'.
    I am not sure you are the target audience though.

My 4 and 6 year old loved it, and their laughter had us laughing too.

Whats not to like with Donald Trump chasing Mo farah around a house with their pants around their ankles ?

I struggled to watch the scene in the hospital

Thought it was great. What a soundtrack too!

Thought it was great. What a soundtrack too!
    was "little lies" by Fleetwood Mac one of them ???
  • Apparently the upcoming BBC drama King Charles III, adapted from a stage play seems to have galvanised one Tory MP, who clearly likes the sound of his own voice. Andrew Bridgen said “unfortunate the BBC would seek to promote this flight of fantasy, which many licence-fee payers will find distasteful and which I believe denigrates and undermines our royal family. I hope that the BBC will make clear that the production is pure fiction,”.

How low is your opinion of the electorate when you think they cannot tell a story set in the future is fiction, you buffoon.

Mind you, they voted for him so he might have a point...
  • Really looking forward to the new series of Twin Peaks due in about three weeks.
  • The third series of Spin on Fridays on channel 4 is excellent.
  • Apparently the upcoming BBC drama King Charles III, adapted from a stage play seems to have galvanised one Tory MP, who clearly likes the sound of his own voice. Andrew Bridgen said “unfortunate the BBC would seek to promote this flight of fantasy, which many licence-fee payers will find distasteful and which I believe denigrates and undermines our royal family. I hope that the BBC will make clear that the production is pure fiction,”.

How low is your opinion of the electorate when you think they cannot tell a story set in the future is fiction, you buffoon.

Somebody's after a knighthood.
  • edited May 2017

Apparently the upcoming BBC drama King Charles III, adapted from a stage play seems to have galvanised one Tory MP, who clearly likes the sound of his own voice. Andrew Bridgen said “unfortunate the BBC would seek to promote this flight of fantasy, which many licence-fee payers will find distasteful and which I believe denigrates and undermines our royal family. I hope that the BBC will make clear that the production is pure fiction,”.

Don't people keep telling us how stupid the electorate must be for voting Brexit?

Edit: Can't believe I've posted political. Flag me.
  • We usually look forward to watching The Chase at tea time but it seems it is taking a break at the moment. Turned on today & that f*****g Rylan bloke was on a new programme, had to turn over I can't stand that bloke, he is up there with Jedward as the most talentless tossers on T.V. What pisses me off.more than anything else.is the fact that they are paid so much more than nurses, firemen & policemen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really looking forward to the new series of Twin Peaks due in about three weeks.

Same. I'm also a bit worried it won't be worth the wait though.

Better Call Saul is 4 episodes in and the pace has really picked up compared to last season. After 2 episodes I love (the new) Fargo already as well.

Is anybody getting on with this one? I'm half way through the first episode but it isn't gripping me. Too many Gobinson accents I guess. I should be liking this despite the uncomfortable subject matter but I'm just not warming to it.
  • Has anyone seen American Gods yet? Don't have prime but definitely something I want to see
  • Has anyone seen American Gods yet? Don't have prime but definitely something I want to see

Watched the first ep yesterday - and I still don't really know what it is about but will be watching the second. There was some messed up left field bizarreness in there, I'm sure it will all fall into some sort of plot eventually.
  • bbob said:

Has anyone seen American Gods yet? Don't have prime but definitely something I want to see

Watched the first ep yesterday - and I still don't really know what it is about but will be watching the second. There was some messed up left field bizarreness in there, I'm sure it will all fall into some sort of plot eventually.
    Enjoyed it but boy has Lovejoy changed.

Is anybody getting on with this one? I'm half way through the first episode but it isn't gripping me. Too many Gobinson accents I guess. I should be liking this despite the uncomfortable subject matter but I'm just not warming to it.
    Me and Mrs ESM are enjoying it, I agreed some of the Mersey accents are hard to follow but a tragic story is being told.
  • The third series of Spin on Fridays on channel 4 is excellent.

Thanks! Would have missed that completely otherwise. Just watched episode 1 and it's a cracker.

And I drive the same car as the French prezz, it turns out. Do hope his is the hybrid version :-)

Another beer I owe you...

I've seen the adverts for this. Is it based on the Neil Gaiman book? If it is will definitely check it out - loved the book.

I've seen the adverts for this. Is it based on the Neil Gaiman book? If it is will definitely check it out - loved the book.
    It is but always a question of how closely they stick to the source material! Hopefully they get the balance right

It is but always a question of how closely they stick to the source material! Hopefully they get the balance right
    It is almost 20 years old, so some of it definitely needs updating, but it is a very fortuitous time to adapt it with the rise of Trump. Loved Bryan Fuller's work on Hannibal even if it was a bit OTT at times, can't wait to see what he can do with the source material, one of my favourite books. I think Neil Gaiman is a master storyteller and this is such a clever concept. Some perfect casting in Ian Mcshane, Peter Stormare and Crispin Glover as well.

Hard to judge the first episode as a new viewer if you know where the story is going, but I seem to remember not really understanding what was happening in the book at first but enjoying it none the less. Enjoyed it and so did the misses, who has never read the book.