Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Final season of Orphan Black had stated, first 2 episodes were ok. I've still got no idea how it will end.
  • MrOneLung said:

He must be the unluckiest priest going.

Given the sheer scope of the subject matter they have tackled it was always going to be a danger that it would appear that way.
    Poverty, police corruption, mental illness, historic sex abuse, suicide and it's consequences, homophobia, racism and the hypocrisy of the Catholic church.
    All for the most part dealt with without resort to cliche and Hollywood style overkill.
    Gritty, realistic and full of basic humanity - well scripted and acted.
    I've enjoyed it.
  • I love Narcos & I've been trying to find something similar to watch for ages. I'm told EL CHAPO is as close as i'm gonna get. Anyone seen it?
  • edited June 2017
    Anyone watched American Gods? I watched the first episode last night and there were some good elements to it but it was just seriously odd. Does it carry on in the same vein or does it move away from the strangeness?
  • I love Narcos & I've been trying to find something similar to watch for ages. I'm told EL CHAPO is as close as i'm gonna get. Anyone seen it?

I got told the same. It is good, but for me it lacks the explosivity and speed of Narcos, moves a lot slower.

So certainly good, but I've been disappointed so far unfortunately- think at times it needed to be sped up quite significantly.
  • Series 5 Orange is the New Black, I thought it was excellent and my favourite series. Following the events of a prison riot over several nights, it had a bit of everything.

Watched the first series of The Americans and ploughed through it fairly quick. A Russian couple in the spying in the USA living normal American lives set in the 80's, I really enjoyed it.

Just started Glow, looks fairly promising
  • Sean Bean should be up for a BAFTA for this....didn't know he had it in him.

MrOneLung said:

Given the sheer scope of the subject matter they have tackled it was always going to be a danger that it would appear that way.
    Poverty, police corruption, mental illness, historic sex abuse, suicide and it's consequences, homophobia, racism and the hypocrisy of the Catholic church.
    All for the most part dealt with without resort to cliche and Hollywood style overkill.
    I've enjoyed it.
  • Anyone watched American Gods? I watched the first episode last night and there were some good elements to it but it was just seriously odd. Does it carry on in the same vein or does it move away from the strangeness?

I watched all 8 episodes. It stays seriously odd but the book it's based on is the same. Some episodes do test the patience but I did enjoy it overall. Definitely won't be everyone's cup if tea though

If you haven't already give Gomorrah a try. Set in Naples around the Mafia and drugs trading. All in Italalian with English subtitles. I have just finished Season one and about to start Season two.
  • Dunno if it's already been mentioned but Who Should We Let In? Ian Hislop on the First Great Immigration Row. Fascinating stuff and shows nothing is new anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEFkdmKWFk
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017

Anyone watched American Gods? I watched the first episode last night and there were some good elements to it but it was just seriously odd. Does it carry on in the same vein or does it move away from the strangeness?

Watched all 8, can say I don't know why I kept watching, it was all over the place, was thinking it would all come together in the end. Not sure it did.

If you haven't already give Gomorrah a try. Set in Naples around the Mafia and drugs trading. All in Italalian with English subtitles. I have just finished Season one and about to start Season two.
    Possibly my favourite tv series. Amazing.
  • Just finished season 3 of Fargo. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not a big fan Ewan McGregor but he absolutely nails this but the star of this has to be David Thewlis (Varga) who takes slimy to a new level.
  • Anyone watching Riveira? watchable but not really that good enough to look forward to imo.

Jamestown i actually have about 3-4 episodes to catch up, kind of lost interest in it and didnt really feel much going on. Rather then that i have been re-watching GOT ready for the new season :) not long to go
  • yeah, we're watching it Riviera. They're all so dislikable it's hard to stay in touch. I dont like the main woman at all.

Jamestown, finished that, it was ok, but actually i think i fell asleep in the last ep as I dont remember what happened at the end? maybe I did see it and it just wasnt very memorable.
  • Enjoying the start of Series 2 of Preacher.

Loving the new character they've introduced and they've ramped up the dial on the black humour.
  • Just started watching breaking bad. Half way through season two and it has been good but not great. The Saul character has just been introduced and it feels like the show has just gone to another level.
  • johnny73 said:

Just started watching breaking bad. Half way through season two and it has been good but not great. The Saul character has just been introduced and it feels like the show has just gone to another level.

It gets mental from here, enjoy!

• Don't any of you watch proper TV anymore. I have sky with all the channels etc, but still think the best programmes are on terrestrial telly. Just last night there was Fearless on ITV, 24 Hours in Police Custody on C4 and a documentary regarding the Rochdale scandal on BBC1.
  • Currently on the 4th episode of GLOW, the new Netflix comedy about a group of women brought together to make a TV show about female wrestler's​, it's surprisingly good, plus it has Alison Brie in it, and I have a bit of a thing for her after Community.
  • Sponsored links:

• Following some of the good reviews on here I've started watching Fargo. Brilliant 1st episode. Does it maintain the quality throughout?
  • johnny73 said:

Just started watching breaking bad. Half way through season two and it has been good but not great. The Saul character has just been introduced and it feels like the show has just gone to another level.

First 2 seasons are definitely the weakest. Really ups ante from season 3.
  • Leftovers back tonight.... series 3
  • Following some of the good reviews on here I've started watching Fargo. Brilliant 1st episode. Does it maintain the quality throughout?

Absolutely. All three season are fantastic
  • Just finished house of Cards ser 5.

Thought parts of it were a little rushed but still fantastic stuff. ..and what an ending!
  • Leftovers back tonight.... series 3

its weird but great viewing at the same time not caught up with the first episode of the new series yet.
  • Sean Bean should be up for a BAFTA for this....didn't know he had it in him.

MrOneLung said:

I've enjoyed it.
    Just watched the last episode. Absolutely fantastic. First time I've ever been impressed by Sean Bean.
  • Just finished season five of House of Cards. Love it
  • Naked attraction....... What a load of bollocks