Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Rick and Morty is back - any fans on here?
  • Naked attraction....... What a load of bollocks

shaved as well !!! last weeks 6 females all had a completely shaved "lady garden" wtf ?? They say they choose contestants with certain attributes the "picker" likes, so either its a big co-incidence that they were all shaved or the guys a paedophile & likes the pre-pubescent look. Turned over at that point. The week before the girl "picker" swung both ways and had 2 transgenders amongst the 6 !!
    What a weird way to think? I think most prefer not to floss while they eat.
  • Anyone tried Top of the Lake, China Girl?

Got through series one but this is just a absolute garbage. Think Jane Campion could do with a large dose of humility, or something.

watched episode 1, it's very contrived and coincidental, too many weirdos and fluffy personalities, enough to put yer right off Oz ((:>) .. I'll give it one more episode, it can only get better
  • Not new but recently got into Black Sails, really enjoying it
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Rick and Morty is back - any fans on here?

Very clever, manages to do high concept sci-fi and be very funny at the same time. The phrase "where's my balls summer?" pops in to my head far more than it should.
  • edited August 2017
    Gomorrah is probably the best TV series I've ever seen. Cannot wait for season 3 which is out in November I believe . Got 5 episodes to go on Designated survivor , and I'm half way through series 2 of Better call saul. It's enjoyable but not a patch on Breaking Bad.

Shooter series 2 is now on Netflix every Wednesday which I'll start once I've finished Designated survivor . Really enjoyed the first series.

For the more light hearted stuff, series 4 of People just do nothing starts on BBC 3 online on 15th august . Really find it funny and worth a watch
  • Ozark on Netflix is worth a watch, not sure if it's been mentioned on here much.
  • cafc4life said:

Gomorrah is probably the best TV series I've ever seen. Cannot wait for season 3 which is out in November I believe . Got 5 episodes to go on Designated survivor , and I'm half way through series 2 of Better call saul. It's enjoyable but not a patch on Breaking Bad.

Shooter series 2 is now on Netflix every Wednesday which I'll start once I've finished Designated survivor . Really enjoyed the first series.

For the more light hearted stuff, series 4 of People just do nothing starts on BBC 3 online on 15th august . Really find it funny and worth a watch

+1 for Gomorrah, loving it.
  • Uh-oh. This is going to cause a rumpus...

Peter Kosminsky's film about ISIS, "The State" August 20. Deffo setting to record
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite enjoyed Ill Behaviour on BBC iPlayer. A bit of a different premise to your usual sit-com.
  • Recently watched two series, both based on true stories: Little Boy Blue, Three Girls. Very very good but also very depressing. I cried through quite a few scenes of both series....
  • Just finished 'In The Dark' on BBC. Really enjoyed it.
  • Ozark on Netflix is worth a watch, not sure if it's been mentioned on here much.

I recommended it a while back, I thought it was a fantastic, if a little fast moving series... No idea how the next series will play out, but I'm excited.

(A lot of reports online do seem to believe that it was a 1 season thing though)

Only have episode 10 left to watch, super show!
  • Just finished Breaking Bad and it's as good as you all said. Felt it was slow to start but it gradually got better and better. A lot of shows blow it with the final episode but not this one. Better Call Saul is next.
  • I'm a bit behind but really enjoy Billions.
  • The new series of Ballers is again very good IMO .
  • Anybody else watch the new one on BBC tonight? Trust Me
    Half way through I was thinking this ain't very good but the last 5-10 minutes it picked up. Looking forward to next week now but feel glad it's only a 4 parter not 6/8
  • I watched it and will see it through but was very hard to suspend my disbelief.
  • Sponsored links:

• really enjoyed the classy and complicated 'I Know who You Are' .. until the final few minutes .. what a letdown .. we now have a cliff hanger that might not be resolved until next year !!!!
    Half way through I was thinking this ain't very good but the last 5-10 minutes it picked up. Looking forward to next week now but feel glad it's only a 4 parter not 6/8

It was entertaining but (as above) you have to suspend disbelief, like, (amongst other things) how is she getting paid?
  • Oh definitely. In fact there is so much wrong with it, it's quite unbelievable. But if you can ignore all of that it ain't bad.
  • I think it's (sort of) based on a true story, but I assume it's only a very loose adaptation of that story.

I used to be involved with NHS recruitment/references .. I came across many cases of exaggerated employment histories and more than a few false references and receiving reference requests from NHS institutions for people who did not exist ..
    on a lesser level, a payroll manager with a large London trust was sacked and jailed for the theft of over£200,000 .. he'd been working under a false name and faked references for years ...
    My point ? .. I am sure the NHS and many other large institutions have people working for them under false pretences, including unqualified 'doctors' (there have been quite a few discovered cases of this) .. in many countries, including the UK, it's easy to buy false degrees and references
  • se9addick said:

Anybody else watch the new one on BBC tonight? Trust Me

It was entertaining but (as above) you have to suspend disbelief, like, (amongst other things) how is she getting paid?
    She took the identity of the female doctor friend who emigrated to New Zealand.
  • se9addick said:

Yes, I realised - that's pretty much the entire point of the show!

My question is how would she be paid ? What bank account details could she provide ?
  • Even if you were emigrating and never planned on working again. Why would you throw your degree certificate away? Made no sense. Hardly saving room in the luggage is it
  • Even if you were emigrating and never planned on working again. Why would you throw your degree certificate away? Made no sense. Hardly saving room in the luggage is it

I said the same, but my wife said they were photocopies - in which case surely the hospital would require original copies ?

I said I wouldn't pick holes in the plot but I can't help it now !
  • edited August 2017
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes, I realised - that's pretty much the entire point of the show!

My question is how would she be paid ? What bank account details could she provide ?
    You could provide any bank details to an employer to pay your salary.
    The name isn't checked at the bank, the funds are simply credited to the sort code and account number.

If you wanted to send me a payment (I don't mind) and I gave you my s/c & a/c no, you could put my name down as Mickey Mouse and it wouldn't matter, unless there was a reason to check the payment. Such as a first payment for a large amount.

It's the same with cheques, payees aren't looked at unless the cheque is over a certain amount (ok who uses cheques).

( I worked in banks for 30 years).