Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Slightly disappointed with the ending of Trust Me, though it had been compelling wondering which way it would go.
    Really enjoying Strike so far.

Me too. The receptionist makes it worth watching tbf.
  • Mr Mercedes . Love it . Three episodes in and I'm hooked
  • In the Dark, a 4part bbc mini series was very enjoyable!
  • bbob said:

so what did everyone think?? #GBBO

I will flag you if I have to.
  • The more I think about Trust Me the more ridiculous it seems.

I can understand why they put it on in the summer, moderately watchable but ultimately forgettable.

And, is it just me, or is Jody Whittaker a very average actress?

Enjoyed Quacks but some critics seem to be less than impressed.
  • Last Chance U on Netflix

Brilliant human interest stories, well shot and eye opening on the world of US college sports.
  • I liked in the dark but as soon as it finished my first thought was it could have been better.

Trust me was good but didn't like the ending, although I can understand why, don't want to say too much in case people haven't seen it.

Just watched both episodes of strike, really like it.
    Very Sherlock, especially the location/office etc.
    Looking forward to the final part.
  • NOT a series, just a one off .. BBC iPlayer .. Frank Lloyd Wright .. stunning visual biography of the architectural genius .. for me, a MUST see
  • From Russia to Iran a 4 part Channel 4 documentary. Not so much a foreign land as a foreign planet, absolutely fascinating.

Beginning in Southern Russia, Levison tracks the mighty Caucasus Mountains toward Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and into Iran: a captivating nation that’s been off the tourism track for decades. Known as the ‘lands in between’, Levison travels through these countries that sit at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, and form a large part of the historic and mysterious Silk Route.

Crossing snow-capped mountains, canyons and volcanic deserts, Levison sees some of the most spectacular but little-known landscapes on the planet. Trailed by secret police, and passing through forgotten war zones, he meets an array of extraordinary characters, from gold-toothed wolf hunters and reclusive monks to mothers of ISIS fighters.

Making his way by any means necessary, Levison travels with the locals and lives as they do – as he tries to reach his journey’s end on the shores of the Caspian Sea in Iran. He also teams up with local guides and ventures with them into little known regions where East truly meets West.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quacks is terrific black humour

How can I watch this,please, Beds ?

I have googled it & am told I can watch the first 2 episodes free via "Audience".

But no mention of further episodes thus far.

Thanks.
  • New season of the last Ship on sky. It's weapons grade bollocks but one of the few things that Mrs SB and I will both watch. She because she has the hots for Eric Dane and me because I can't believe how bad it is but I just can't help myself.
  • Narcos series 3 up on Netflix. Just as I was about to cancel

I have googled it & am told I can watch the first 2 episodes free via "Audience".

Thanks.
    I streamed it on Exodus. 4 episodes available so far.
  • I really liked Strike.
    First book concluded tonight, story two begins next week!
  • This Sunday 27/8 the BBC start 'The Cuckoo's Calling' dramatization on the telly .. it's taken from a terrif book by Robert Galbraith (a k a J K Rowling), the first of a series of three with the same protagonists .. just hope the adaptation lives up to the book

Strike didn't look rough enough.

It didn't show the sexual tension between Strike and Robin. In the books, they both fancy each other and realise it's not going to happen, but Galbraith/Rowling very cleverly keeps making you think it might.

Overall, much as I like the books, which I think are much better written than the Harry Potter books, I thought this was no more than OK but with a chance to get better. On to next week.
  • edited September 2017

This Sunday 27/8 the BBC start 'The Cuckoo's Calling' dramatization on the telly .. it's taken from a terrif book by Robert Galbraith (a k a J K Rowling), the first of a series of three with the same protagonists .. just hope the adaptation lives up to the book

It didn't show the sexual tension between Strike and Robin. In the books, they both fancy each other and realise it's not going to happen, but Galbraith/Rowling very cleverly keeps making you think it might.

Overall, much as I like the books, which I think are much better written than the Harry Potter books, I thought this was no more than OK but with a chance to get better. On to next week.
    agreed .. the TV adaptation. especially the ending was very confusing .. I defy anyone who hasn't read the book to fully understand what was going on .. good atmospheric camera work though, good views of the West End and one of my all time favourite pubs (alas I do miss the odd pint or 6), 'The Tottenham' on Oxford St/Corner (almost) of TotCt Road

Thanks.
    I streamed it on Exodus. 4 episodes available so far.
    OK, thanks, Beds.
  • Sponsored links:

• From Russia to Iran a 4 part Channel 4 documentary. Not so much a foreign land as a foreign planet, absolutely fascinating.

Beginning in Southern Russia, Levison tracks the mighty Caucasus Mountains toward Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and into Iran: a captivating nation that’s been off the tourism track for decades. Known as the ‘lands in between’, Levison travels through these countries that sit at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, and form a large part of the historic and mysterious Silk Route.

Crossing snow-capped mountains, canyons and volcanic deserts, Levison sees some of the most spectacular but little-known landscapes on the planet. Trailed by secret police, and passing through forgotten war zones, he meets an array of extraordinary characters, from gold-toothed wolf hunters and reclusive monks to mothers of ISIS fighters.

Making his way by any means necessary, Levison travels with the locals and lives as they do – as he tries to reach his journey’s end on the shores of the Caspian Sea in Iran. He also teams up with local guides and ventures with them into little known regions where East truly meets West.

Balls forgot about this last night... Saw the first two episodes and its been excellent to watch.
  • If we are talking one-offs, I saw a great programme on some SKY channel at the weekend (maybe Discovery or Geographic or even Sky Arts) called Dinosaur 13.

It was about a T-Rex that some American Palaeontologists found in Dakota back in 1990. They paid the landowner 5k USD , dug it out & transported it back to their small museum that they had set up a few years before. They spent 6 months carefully removing all the debris around it & uncovered an intact skeleton. Just as they done this the FBI turned up & demanded that they relinquished it as it wasn't theirs & had stolen it from sacred Red Indian tribaland.

Long & short of it was.............there was a courtcase where it was determined that "Sue" belonged to the Government due to ancient Trust laws regarding items found on Indian land. The Palaeontologists were charged with over 100 felonies & one of them served 18 months in jail.

The dinosaur (Sue) was effectively given back to the guy they originally bought it from (he kept their 5k) & he sold it at auction............and got 13 million USD !!! The Palaeontologists did all the hard work, got no reward & 1 served time in jail.

really excellent documentary & has received many accolades & awards.
  • kafka said:

Narcos series 3 up on Netflix. Just as I was about to cancel

Is the whole of series 3 up or is it on a week to week basis?
  • kafka said:

It's all there. Just reread the book Killing Pablo and was interesting seeing what bits were real and what was dramatised.
  • Slightly disappointed with the ending of Trust Me, though it had been compelling wondering which way it would go.
    Really enjoying Strike so far.

Just caught up with final episode. Crap ending to Trust Me.

Presume there will be a second outing for this, probably bloated out to 6 episodes with the woman in New Zealand coming back to the country.
  • kafka said:

It's all there. Just reread the book Killing Pablo and was interesting seeing what bits were real and what was dramatised.
    Thanks
  • Ozark on Netflix is a great crime drama very much in the mould of Breaking Bad. Quite unnerving in parts. Only half way through but great characters, great story and acting is spot on. Jason Bateman of Arrested Development and Horrible Bosses fame does the Bryan Cranston move from comedy to the serious side.
  • New series of Doctor Foster starts tonight. Really enjoyed the 1st series, plus there's something very sexy about Suranne Jones
  • I'm one and a half episodes into Strike and just about hanging on. I think that cos I've got the hots for Holliday Grainger rather than the story to be honest. Lots of atmospheric moody bits (not intended to be rhyming slang) but storyline is a bit thin.
  • This Sunday 27/8 the BBC start 'The Cuckoo's Calling' dramatization on the telly .. it's taken from a terrif book by Robert Galbraith (a k a J K Rowling), the first of a series of three with the same protagonists .. just hope the adaptation lives up to the book

I also thought the Strike character disappointing, (having read the excellent books). The actor Tom Burke lacked toughness, charisma and dynamism, in fact he looked half asleep throughout. Perhaps he appeals to the ladies and I'm missing the point?

I thought Robin played by Holliday Grainger was excellent - exactly as portrayed in the books - well in my mind anyway.