Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Enjoying Fearless and Loch at the moment.
  • Just started Guillermo del Toro's The Strain - two episodes in, hope they keep concentrating on the deadly peril rather than the main guy's family problems.

Yeah both have excellent and plausible story lines. Also this has to be the best series of Poldark. Brilliant TV.
  • edited July 2017

Naked attraction....... What a load of bollocks

shaved as well !!! last weeks 6 females all had a completely shaved "lady garden" wtf ?? They say they choose contestants with certain attributes the "picker" likes, so either its a big co-incidence that they were all shaved or the guys a paedophile & likes the pre-pubescent look. Turned over at that point. The week before the girl "picker" swung both ways and had 2 transgenders amongst the 6 !!

Yep - and the new one on BBC1 "in the Dark"
    Yes, saw that one the other night, looks quite promising. Another one with something from the past lurking in the background.
  • Just started Guillermo del Toro's The Strain - two episodes in, hope they keep concentrating on the deadly peril rather than the main guy's family problems.

Enjoyed the first season and a bit of this but then got bored very quickly.

• The Spanish "I know who you are" drama which started on BBC4 last Saturday was promising.
  • The Spanish "I know who you are" drama which started on BBC4 last Saturday was promising.

thoroughly enjoying this .. very classy
  • Not sure if I have mentioned this before but Start Up was very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben watching El Chapo on Netflix. Not quite up to Narcos standard but very good none the less,
  • Ozark was very good on Netflix.
  • Just started watching Midnight Sun - Scandi French thriller. Looks good so far.
  • Really late to this, always avoided because Charlie Brooker is a bit smug generally, but Black Mirror is excellent and not at all what I expected.
  • Boom said:

Just started watching Midnight Sun - Scandi French thriller. Looks good so far.

This was good....if a little weird in places.
  • Boom said:

What channel please or is it on subscription?
  • Boom said:

What channel please or is it on subscription?
    I watched it on Sky Atlantic.
  • edited July 2017
    I have watched 3 episodes of Desperate Widows (another Scandi noir/murder/detective series) on Amazon Prime. Not sure if has already been covered here. The 3 lead actresses are simply stunningly attractive.
  • Have just started 2nd series of Breaking Bad.

Me and the wife enjoyed the first series (only 7 episodes though !!)

In the Dark on BBC 1 has been fairly good so far.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ozark was very good on Netflix.

Just started watching this also and so far it's very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone else been following "Gypsy" on Netflix? Naomi Watts is always worth watching but seriously WTF!!??!!
  • I've been watching Taboo, I've been LOVING it! What a great show, I'm sad it's almost finished.

I've got The Handmaids Tale next, which was recommended by a friend who usually has great taste!

The new season of Suits is pretty good!

I also started Blackisted, which I WAS really enjoying, but it got old kinda fast.
  • edited July 2017
    Had a day being ill on holiday in Cornwall last week so binged through the whole of 'Making a murderer' on Netflix - wow!! Fascinating programme but equally disturbing and disgusting what occurred there!
  • Had a day being ill on holiday in Cornwall last week so binged through the whole of 'Making a murderer' on Netflix - wow!! Fascinating programme but equally dusturing and disgusting what occurred there!

I loved the show, however, I suggest you do some further reading around the case if you want to be really informed, the makers of the show were a little, selective, shall we say.

I went from being fairly certain the bloke was innocent, to pretty ensure about any of it.
  • I will do that SOK. I've done a little reading on what's happened since but will search for some more detail on what the case so far.
  • Anyone tried Top of the Lake, China Girl?

Got through series one but this is just a absolute garbage. Think Jane Campion could do with a large dose of humility, or something.
  • Anyone tried Top of the Lake, China Girl?

Got through series one but this is just a absolute garbage. Think Jane Campion could do with a large dose of humility, or something.

Started watching on BBC2 last Thursday, but gave up after about 40 mins - too slow & rather bland.
  • I've recently swapped Netflix for Now TV. Gomorrah was great, I thought it'd be a slow burner but it's addictive from the start.

I'm struggling a bit with Deadwood but I really want to like it. Does it pick up after the first 3 episodes? I find it a little tough without a proper story or good and bad guys, although it is cool. I guess the actual story develops later.
  • RedPanda said:

I've recently swapped Netflix for Now TV. Gomorrah was great, I thought it'd be a slow burner but it's addictive from the start.

I'm struggling a bit with Deadwood but I really want to like it. Does it pick up after the first 3 episodes? I find it a little tough without a proper story or good and bad guys, although it is cool. I guess the actual story develops later.

Stick with Deadwood. It's a great tv show.
  • RedPanda said:

I've recently swapped Netflix for Now TV. Gomorrah was great, I thought it'd be a slow burner but it's addictive from the start.

Deadwood is one of my all time favourites. Definitely stick with it.