Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cable Car - Good news for Charlton?

Comments

• Options
    VM: "I can't see anywhere to put my skis. I take it this cable car goes straight to the Beckton Alps"

You don't need skis on Beckton Alps anymore. Just hiking boots.
  • Options
    You have not heard of the cable car that goes from nowhere to nowhere?

Wow. Can't wait to go on it.
    Unbelievable.....first you don't like puns and then you don't like cable cars! :0P

• Options
    Ped got one all to yourselves, missed an opportunity there. Could have joined the...club, erm how high up is it? Taking some of the fun out of life hearing people being frog marched off of planes when having a lil horizontal- probs vertical mumba.
  • Options

Unbelievable.....first you don't like puns and then you don't like cable cars! :0P

The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
    Some people just dont get it.
  • Options
    At my age RF, the six or seven minute ride isn't long enough! And with other cars zooming past yours in the other direction every ten seconds or so, there isn't much privacy! I'm sure it won't be long before some youngsters join the 280foot high club though! ;-)
  • Options

I dont know what that symbol means at the end of your sentence but I am very much looking forward to going on the thing. Been posting pics about it all week elsewhere. Already got mates booked in to come and stay so they can too.

But with all due respect, the puns are still shit.

do one floyd.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Will do - whatever makes you happy!
  • Options
    He hee Ped. In that case hope you had a cuddle. I hadn't heard anything about it till it opened. Shall give it a go on your recomendation, I mean the ride not the mamba lol doubt the sight of me & my spud fella would add to the view.
  • Options
    If the cable car was such a good idea, it should have been funded privately, and not from the cities transport budget. But if TfL are now into running tourist attractions, we'll see some interesting develops in the city.
  • Options
    If the cable car was such a good idea, it should have been funded privately, and not from the cities transport budget. But if TfL are now into running tourist attractions, we'll see some interesting develops in the city.
    I assumed the Emirates sponsorship covered it!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do TFL not fund the the TFL museum then?

• Options
    TfL are paying about £20m of the cost.
  • Options
    Some people just cannot help taking the joy out of everything, never happy unless they are moaning..
  • Options
    Do TFL not fund the the TFL museum then?

yes, but its a charity which has it had it's support from TfL cut in recent years, and has to sustain itself, unlike the cable car which pretends to be the best thing to happen to east London transport since the Jubilee line

• Options
    I actually think TFL do a great job.....London's public transportation is awesome. The tube is clean, frequent and safe. More buses than ever before.
  • Options
    A marvellous addition to London.
    Well done Ken/Boris or whomever made the decision. Excellent.
  • Options
    That drop at the end looks superb, cant wait to go myself
  • Options
    Can you see The Valley from up there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks amazing! Is the space which was the Beckham academy used for anything else now?
  • Options
    Can you see The Valley from up there?
    Not any more, its a housing development now :-)
  • Options
    I successfully watched the video without sweaty palms and butterflies in my stomach! Want to do it, but know when the time comes I'll be bricking it. Would like to do this and the London Eye, which I bottled out of! I'm going to do them though!
  • Options
    Lookie
    Acraphobia is fairly straightforward to defeat.
    My previous employment required abseiling, parachuting, so I have some experience.

My best advice is to conquer your fear in stages, so climb up the nearest tower block and look over the side at increasing levels. Start each level by holing on securely, then before you move to the next level, look over without holding on.

You will be amazed how quickly you can gain height and confidence.

do it with a mate and talk through your feelings - it speeds the whole process up.

good luck - the rewards are worth it!
  • Options
    Lookie
    Acraphobia is fairly straightforward to defeat.
    My previous employment required abseiling, parachuting, so I have some experience.

My best advice is to conquer your fear in stages, so climb up the nearest tower block and look over the side at increasing levels. Start each level by holing on securely, then before you move to the next level, look over without holding on.

do it with a mate and talk through your feelings - it speeds the whole process up.

good luck - the rewards are worth it!
    And wear brown trousers ;0)

• Options
    Oh yes, and bicycle clips
  • Options
    so climb up the nearest tower block and look over the side at increasing levels. Start each level by holing on securely, then before you move to the next level, look over without holding on.

I'm gonna try, and have been trying, but bear in mind nothing in Bermuda is much higher than three stories! LOL

Funny though, no problem on takeoff in an aircraft, just tall structures.
  • Options
    Same here - parachuting =no problems at all
    Abseiling off anything literally a metre over 150 metres and I used to have complete muscle freeze.
    Only solution for you is to visit the cruise ships' upper decks!
  • Options
    That's brilliant