Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cable Car - Good news for Charlton?

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Shine.
  • Options
    Its not cheap but us Charlton fans can afford the finer things in life. :-)

My pint of peroni is near 4 quid in there but I love it. Get the boat home and straight in there.

I think the whole roast chicken platter which serves 2 isn't too bad at 21 quid since its the best in the area (which isnt saying much as there's sod all about).
    That's the thing, there is nowhere else really in Woolwich. It's like a youth centre for the middle classes to keep safe from the local youths! Although it's not that bad round there now unless you're involved in things so I hear.

• Options
    There isnt anything. Ive moved there recently, well i get off at Woolwich Arsenal now and if going out, I normally head there or peg it up the hill sharpish. The Great harry will reopen shortly but cannot see myself drinking there.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/9793261.Pub_burnt_down_in_riots_to_reopen/
  • Options
    The thames clipper stops outside the pub does it ?
  • Options
    Yes, few minute walk up. Normally get the boat when going straight there. Let me know if you fancy meeting me on the boat one night and going there. :-)
  • Options
    Sounds good as it goes , can get the boat from here . The boat has a bar as well dont it
  • Options
    Yes the small bottle of peroni you get on there costs 4 quid too. Rip off. Sneak a few on!
  • Options
    It's all very romantic isn't it .. a meandering boat trip along the thames as the sun sets behind us , suggestively sucking on a bottle of italian beer , sharing a cigarette on the old wooden bench at the back as a couple of artic terns dip into the clear blue water . A cool river breeze ruffles your tangled locks as we moor up at the pub . We enter the bar , still bobbing up and down from the river and order two chilled ciders .... I'm in !!
  • Options
    Sounds fab. I am free this Friday so all set. there is a boat at 5.41 from london bridge, you can jump on at the Wharf. Il have a beer waiting for you.

• Options
    Whilst you two are being all romantic could you tell me how far it is to a "Thames Clipper" stop when I get off the cable car on the East side?

We are thinking of taking our grandson on the cable car in a couple of weeks and I thought when we get off in East London we can jump The Clipper up to The London Eye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think it does stop nearby, other than Canary Wharf and Masthouse Terrace?

Someone else may be able to help you.

But I think you might be better off going on the DLR/tube to the Eye then getting the boat all the way back to North Greenwich afterwards, If thats where you are parking. Its a longer boat ride too.

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    I'd just jump on the cable car and not get off coming straight back to the peninsula, then jump on the clippers from North Greenwich to the London eye. My kids love the clipper, not sure if i love it more than them tho hehe.
  • Options
    I'd just jump on the cable car and not get off coming straight back to the peninsula, then jump on the clippers from North Greenwich to the London eye. My kids love the clipper, not sure if i love it more than them tho hehe.
    I did think that to save the hassle, we have taken him on the clipper before so I know he likes that and I am sure he will like the cable car.

• Options
    I'm going on the CC on SUnday, anyone been on it know what the maximum number of people allowed in one car is??
  • Options
    One Wiseman or 10 Southams or 4 Gingers.
  • Options
    its only four to a car? thats pony.
  • Options
    A breast of an Allison.
  • Options
    @MCS mate just make sure to tell the conductor where you want to get off; you don't want to get on the wrong route.
  • Options
    Sounds fab. I am free this Friday so all set. there is a boat at 5.41 from london bridge, you can jump on at the Wharf. Il have a beer waiting for you.

Wilma ruined me last night so a bit frag . If nothing else crops up I'll be on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it's such a lovely day, I was thinking of taking my son for a ride on the cable car before the match. Has anyone done this, as I was after some advice:
    - Where best to park free of charge? As I'm coming from Essex it doesn't matter whether we start our trip from the north or the south side.
    - How long should I allow to do the round trip? I've no idea what the queues will be like.

Cheers
  • Options
    you can park near the Odeon and bus the short distance to NG.

The ride itself is less then 10 minutes one way. When we went for the Paralympics there wasn't a queue but coming back there was - wasn't too bad as it continually moves so you dont seem to be queueing for too long.

Can clearly see The Valley from it!
  • Options
    Thanks very much RRH
  • Options
    Your welcome - enjoy! Great experience, only bit I didn't like was when they did actually stop it mid flight (which they do to let less able bodied people/those with wheelchairs etc on).
  • Options
    They accept Oyster card if you have one
  • Options
    Took the family along for a ride on this today. Absolutely fantastic views.

Kids enjoyed it - so a big tick in the box.
  • Options
    Worth doing, it's well organised and the views are great.
  • Options
    Agree Badger. The bend in the river was really really prominent, so much so that when a couple of northerners in our "cabin" were asking each other about the "old building on the river over there that looks like two St Pauls" it took me a while to get my bearings and realise they were looking in the direction of Greenwich and referring to the old Naval College - I had completely lost my bearings!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Agree Badger. The bend in the river was really really prominent, so much so that when a couple of northerners in our "cabin" were asking each other about the "old building on the river over there that looks like two St Pauls" it took me a while to get my bearings and realise they were looking in the direction of Greenwich and referring to the old Naval College - I had completely lost my bearings!

And to think, I thought the story was going to end with you telling them that it was St Paul's.