Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall - hoping to increase capacity

Comments

• Options
    Seth, some of that is anti-social behaviour that could be attributed to lots of other different groups (not just Millwall fans) - ie the story about the girl, people acting like idiots at a game.

The two Millwall centric parts of the post are our abuse of the Charlton player on the strectcher and the comment re BWP.

All I will say is the bloke talking about how we see the away fans/team as the enemy in the quotes I used is spot on...that's what happened with the player on the stretcher. As you say - nothing was thrown etc, he was just made to feel unwelcome.

As for the comment re BWP...you need to take that with HoF admin. But, yes, Millwall have some racist who are fans. It's probably more tolerated by the fans than at most clubs, but is the least tolerated by the actual club than anywhere else.

You say it's probably more tolerated by the fans than at most clubs. Why is that ? I can only speak with any authority about The Valley and this message board but racist comments would nort be tolerated and attract being told to shut up at the stadium with likely ejection and being roundly condemned and banned on this forum. Why do Millwall fans not do the same ? Is it because of fear of getting beaten up by the abuser ? It's really something that should not be tolerated t all don't you think ?

How do you know it doesn't happen?

I've seen bullies pulled into line, I've seen people shouting racist abuse get bashed, I've seen kids who have thrown bottles get a clip round the ear.

Everyone on here hears stories and makes up their own minds. We ain't no angels that's for sure, but we're like chalk & cheese, you're comparing your views & experiences of Charlton to Millwall, but we're nothing alike, it's like comparing a pussy cat with a lion.

You're on a par with Fulham, Ipswich, etc nice quiet family clubs. We're more akin to Portsmouth, Stoke, Cardiff, Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham etc.

They will view us with much less shock & horror than you do because they behave in much the same way as us, whereas Charlton are a completely different animal (albeit with their own minority who are like us as well)

• Options
    As this thread is looking like dangerously getting back on topic...

That link again.

http://surreycanal.com/

According to that the Compulsory Purchase has got the nod.
    The Council have made it. It will still have to be confirmed by the Sceretary of State, after a public inquiry if anyone with an interest in the land objects and the objection can't be negotiated away. Process usually takes 9-18 months depending n number of objections, complexity. Most CPOs get through the process but some do not.
  • Options

That link again.

The Council have made it. It will still have to be confirmed by the Sceretary of State, after a public inquiry if anyone with an interest in the land objects and the objection can't be negotiated away. Process usually takes 9-18 months depending n number of objections, complexity. Most CPOs get through the process but some do not.
    Can anyone make an objection? As in, could a Millwall fan make an objection based on their interest in preserving Millwall FC's future at their current location and the possible negative impacts?

Or does it have to be someone who either owns land there or lives nearby?

• Options
    Seth, some of that is anti-social behaviour that could be attributed to lots of other different groups (not just Millwall fans) - ie the story about the girl, people acting like idiots at a game.

The two Millwall centric parts of the post are our abuse of the Charlton player on the strectcher and the comment re BWP.

All I will say is the bloke talking about how we see the away fans/team as the enemy in the quotes I used is spot on...that's what happened with the player on the stretcher. As you say - nothing was thrown etc, he was just made to feel unwelcome.

As for the comment re BWP...you need to take that with HoF admin. But, yes, Millwall have some racist who are fans. It's probably more tolerated by the fans than at most clubs, but is the least tolerated by the actual club than anywhere else.

You say it's probably more tolerated by the fans than at most clubs. Why is that ? I can only speak with any authority about The Valley and this message board but racist comments would nort be tolerated and attract being told to shut up at the stadium with likely ejection and being roundly condemned and banned on this forum. Why do Millwall fans not do the same ? Is it because of fear of getting beaten up by the abuser ? It's really something that should not be tolerated t all don't you think ?

I've seen bullies pulled into line, I've seen people shouting racist abuse get bashed, I've seen kids who have thrown bottles get a clip round the ear.

Everyone on here hears stories and makes up their own minds. We ain't no angels that's for sure, but we're like chalk & cheese, you're comparing your views & experiences of Charlton to Millwall, but we're nothing alike, it's like comparing a pussy cat with a lion.

You're on a par with Fulham, Ipswich, etc nice quiet family clubs. We're more akin to Portsmouth, Stoke, Cardiff, Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham etc.

They will view us with much less shock & horror than you do because they behave in much the same way as us, whereas Charlton are a completely different animal (albeit with their own minority who are like us as well)

Pathetic really....pleaswe don't compare our minority with yours.....chalk and cheese

• Options
    Listening to the spanners that come on here pleading innocence, yet repeatedly referring to the past, their behaviour and what they got up to: To me it's like reading a tabloid interview with a glamour model (yeah, bear with me here) who had a huge drug problem, but is apparently 'cleaning up', but spends most of the interview showing off and glamourising how much she did.

PATHETIC SCUM!!
    Ha. Well, if you think me saying that we are probably more tolerant of casual racism and have far more idiots than a lot of clubs is 'pleading innocence' it makes me think you've just got a chip on your shoulder about Millwall.

So, carry on.
  • Options

That link again.

Phase One and Two already have the go ahead.
  • Options

Pathetic really....pleaswe don't compare our minority with yours.....chalk and cheese

Apologies, you're right, I can't actually recall Millwall fans singing racist songs about a former player last season like yours did, silly to tarnish Millwall with the same brush as yours.
  • Options
    Bunny you are well spoken and supportive of your club so fairplay and in admitting you have a ridiculously high %age of C***s in however pretty a prose you so wish is not gonna make me think any better of your scumbag club
    call it a chip on my shoulder call it what you want,
    all i know is there will be guaranteed pockets of aggro around the Valley when we play you and having played Leeds , Chelsea Cardiff west ham and whatever hard men football clubs you care to name without any sign of trouble (yes it may have happened but nowhere near the amount of incidents as against you lot) in recent years , that is why my dislike of millwall is still limit up

and i'm pretty sure it's the one fixture on the calendar the safety people at charlton would wish would never occur

saying that some of my best friends are scum fans and i will be in a mates box sipping beers at the new den amongst all the lunatics
  • Options
    sorry but f++k this love in bolloxx.

Bunny enjoyed your input and sparrows talks some sense some time ------------------------BUT

I hope they ship you East London twonks back to the Isle of Dogs shit hole that gave birth to you. That someone opens the old dock gates and washes Millwall down the naffing sewer !!!

I was at the games in 69 and the games in the Early 70z that made national papers re the fighting ---we both struggled at anytime to get our shit football in the national papers. I was about when Millsmall moved into Elttham ( as others on here will remember) and the laughs we all had when your mob used to turn up on a Friday night. Or the two incidents as St Georges Day in Bexley.

Of course you dont care about us Train spoters i mean thats why Neil Harris artcile in the Evening Gooner before our last game at the ToolBox stated---Our fans will never forgive if we loose this game, it means so much .

Seems to me some CAFC seem to t

• Options
    1) Isle of Dogs is East End, not East London
    2) Not heard much about the whole Eltham thing, know a few older lads who grew up there, will hear their take on it
    3) Was there about an hour before the 1st Bexley incident, heard what happened
    4) When have we said we don't care about Charlton? Some of you clearly can't read as others repeat this time & time again. Get it into your heads, we do care, we enjoy beating you quite regularly actually and we also enjoy how frustrated, bitter and angry you get about little ol' Millwall!! But we don't care about you as much as Palace & West Ham for starters. For many others who grew up more towards Palace or over the river, you're not on their radar.
    5) Is there surely not an age limit for when people need to stop with childish insults like Scumwall, Millsmall etc? Struggling to imagine grown men actually giggling away to themselves as they type Scumwall etc!! We've got some wallies who do it as well, Charlton Pathetic, Wet Sham, Weeds, bloody hell it's embarrassing.

Dread to get you started on Arsenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to hear the views of other fans as always, and I have found SLL (as usual) and Bunny's input very interesting.
    Well done on remaining level-headed whilst some on CL try to goad you (typing that now looks patronising - it wasnt meant to be!).
    I hope you will continue to contribute on other threads as the season progresses.

I imagine you will see a slow increase in attendance as this re-development goes ahead and with it a dilution of the old guard, but this happens at all clubs over time as the country and football becomes ever more middle class. I cant see season ticket sales rising for a good few years, but walk-ups will steadily rise - though as you say, much will depend on the quality of football and the atmosphere within the home areas.
  • Options
    I don't care about Millwall - would never go there or Palace as I refuse to give them any of my money!
  • Options
    I don't care about Millwall - would never go there or Palace as I refuse to give them any of my money!
    So you don't care about Millwall, yet you refuse to go to watch Charlton play at Millwall because you don't wanna give us any money?

So you must care about Millwall then?
  • Options
    5) Is there surely not an age limit for when people need to stop with childish insults like Scumwall, Millsmall etc? Struggling to imagine grown men actually giggling away to themselves as they type Scumwall etc!! We've got some wallies who do it as well, Charlton Pathetic, Wet Sham, Weeds, bloody hell it's embarrassing.

absolutely. No need for childish name calling.
    ‘spanners’ will suffice.
  • Options
    Bunny you are well spoken and supportive of your club so fairplay and in admitting you have a ridiculously high %age of C***s in however pretty a prose you so wish is not gonna make me think any better of your scumbag club
    call it a chip on my shoulder call it what you want,
    all i know is there will be guaranteed pockets of aggro around the Valley when we play you and having played Leeds , Chelsea Cardiff west ham and whatever hard men football clubs you care to name without any sign of trouble (yes it may have happened but nowhere near the amount of incidents as against you lot) in recent years , that is why my dislike of millwall is still limit up

and i'm pretty sure it's the one fixture on the calendar the safety people at charlton would wish would never occur

saying that some of my best friends are scum fans and i will be in a mates box sipping beers at the new den amongst all the lunatics
    That's probably more to do with the fact that you aren't on any of those clubs' hooligan radar...and the fact that we are only 3.5 miles apart means there's always going to be low level nonsense like ticketless fans/pockets of fans in home areas. That happens at all local derbies.

Chesterfield fans think Mansfield fans are all the things that you lot think we are...yet, I find them to be pretty normal. If you take my point.

Also, I will donate £10 to a charity of your choice if I'm wrong, but I bet that there will be more arrests at the Charlton v Palace fixtures next season then there will be at Millwall v Leeds fixtures.

Not saying we are angels...or defending us...just making the point that your particular dislike for us is based on all the things that all local derbies bring up.
  • Options

‘spanners’ will suffice.
    And Anoraks for you lot.
  • Options

‘spanners’ will suffice.
    I've always liked 'Spanners'. Quite inventive - altho more apt for Palace, as one of them did try and hold up a petrol station with one.

Smallwall just doesnt work for me - as I've said in another thread, we are the most average club going...exactly in the middle of the all-time (since 1920) average attendance & league position tables.

A few seasons in the top and bottom tiers, the other 85 bouncing between the middle two.

• Options

You say

• Options

‘spanners’ will suffice.
    And Anoraks for you lot.
    jeez, another one.
  • Options

That link again.

Can anyone make an objection? As in, could a Millwall fan make an objection based on their interest in preserving Millwall FC's future at their current location and the possible negative impacts?

Or does it have to be someone who either owns land there or lives nearby?

Anyone canobject. You just won't necessarily have the right to be heard. However your objection would certainly be considered.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

That link again.

Phase One and Two already have the go ahead.
    IIRC correctly those oare on land already owned by Renewal and the Council.

• Options

‘spanners’ will suffice.
    Spanners is a little more original, don't mind them.
  • Options
    What about pikey?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Also, I will donate £10 to a charity of your choice if I'm wrong, but I bet that there will be more arrests at the Charlton v Palace fixtures next season then there will be at Millwall v Leeds fixtures.

Not saying we are angels...or defending us...just making the point that your particular dislike for us is based on all the things that all local derbies bring up.
    i'd happily do that bet for Charlton v Palace to have less arrests than Charlton v Millwall

and i would be more than happy to do that bet if leeds fans were not to go throught the nth degree and restrictions etc to try and get a ticket for your ground and the same with your lot having to get a ticket for your own ground and the reason all those over the top restrictions and segregration in the ground and walkway to the train station is in place is cos you are truly limit up on complete bells that follow you
  • Options
    Why don't they just play at Wembley they 40,000 there
  • Options

i'd happily do that bet for Charlton v Palace to have less arrests than Charlton v Millwall

and i would be more than happy to do that bet if leeds fans were not to go throught the nth degree and restrictions etc to try and get a ticket for your ground and the same with your lot having to get a ticket for your own ground and the reason all those over the top restrictions and segregration in the ground and walkway to the train station is in place is cos you are truly limit up on complete bells that follow you
    You do talk some tripe at times. Leeds fans face the same restrictions they've had since the 80's I think, membership only for away games.

Other than that, they CAN buy Millwall away tickets at Elland Road, they CAN travel by their own means & they CAN go straight to the ground.

It's Millwall fans who have to buy vouchers, who have to exchange them at a service station and then have to make their way to Elland Road under escort.

That's because primarily yorks ob can't police around the ground properly as was the case a few years ago when our 9 buses turned on to the road leading behind the ground to be faced with thousands of Leeds waiting for us lobbing bricks & bottles. I was on the first bus at the front busting for piss as 4 youths in balaclavas run in front of the bus & launched bricks at the front window as hundreds more started attacking the buses.

If you're going to try & have a dig get your facts right cos it's baseless bullshit that you're spouted above that everyone seems to take as gospel.

I'll happily admit to when we've played up and we've been playing up a lot away and some minor incidents well away from the Den when another teams mob has arranged a meet.

But Leeds at our place has been tame as it's so well policed. Up there is a different story, hence why plod have tried to limit our numbers to make it easier for them. Still didn't stop a mob of 40 asking us 8 to take a stroll around the corner for a row one Tuesday night up there. You follow Charlton home & away and you see what you see. But you don't follow Millwall, or Leeds, or West Ham, or United, or Stoke, or Cardiff, or Pompey, or Birmingham or countless others, so frankly you've got no idea what happens and why it happens.

• Options
    Sparrows do Millwall give Leeds the bottom tier ???
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    and for the record Leeds have a large number of cocks but %age wise you lot are in a league of your own with your hard man edgeyness mob bullshit that you love to danny dyer up
  • Options
    and why do millwall have to go thru all that pullava to go to leeds cos you and them are looking for agg
  • Options
    Of course there are both sets looking for trouble.

What's that got to do with your statement about Leeds fans having to go to the "nth degree & restrictions etc" to come to Millwall?

They don't. So your comment was ignorant at best, concocted lies at worst.

I don't know about the lower tier, don't know if Leeds have ever asked for it. Perhaps we don't give them the bottom tier to prevent their hooligans encroaching onto the pitch.

Tell me all the previous examples of away teams having the bottom tier and which set of fans "attempted" to get on the pitch.......you'd have to go back to 1995 against Chelsea I think when both sets clashed briefly in the corner. All other examples have been the away team trying to get on to the pitch - west ham & liverpool.