Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cars I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Whatever this is, I think its a fiat:

When I see that car I wonder what went wrong in the owner's life that led them to think "That's it... that's the car I want to drive around in."

On the other hand could they have thought. Cars are expensive but I need one to get from A to B and this one is cheap?
    Well they're definitely cheaper than they are inexpensive. Not that I give a hoot about what they actually thought, it was a forum one liner. It's not worth you quoting, let alone me responding. I don't know why I am!!
    I thought the part of the purpose of forums was debate.

Silly me.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

When I see that car I wonder what went wrong in the owner's life that led them to think "That's it... that's the car I want to drive around in."

On the other hand could they have thought. Cars are expensive but I need one to get from A to B and this one is cheap?
    Well they're definitely cheaper than they are inexpensive. Not that I give a hoot about what they actually thought, it was a forum one liner. It's not worth you quoting, let alone me responding. I don't know why I am!!

Silly me.
    No Len...........you mustn't debate 'anything' with Jimmy!
    I've had my wrists slapped too for having the temerity to do so.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Nothing wrong with French cars! They maybe rattling tin cans, but they're so much fun to drive. Examples being the Renault 5 GTT, Clio Williams, and any RenaultSport Clio/Megane/Twingo model, plus the old Peugeot 205 and 106 GTi models, and Citroen Saxo VTS.
  • Options
    All Chelsea Tractors, no need for them at all, buy a fecking people carrier not a great big tank that would kill someone if you hit them at 10mph that you cannot even park beacuse you have no idea how to drive a vehicle that size you tw*t. People who buy these cars buy them for one reason, look at me & how well I am doing, do you know how much this car costs?
  • Options
    Hate hate hate any kind of chav car - ie souped up Nova's etc etc. Especially people who put Recaro bucket seats and full race harnesses etc in the car, along with motorsport dials, gear stick and metal pedals. You are driving round the Dartford one way system, not bloody Silverstone at 200mph.

At the weekend, someone pulled up alongside my Dads 911 4S and utterly wheelspun and cut him up before storming off down the road (until he was stopped at the red 500 yards down).

The point is that if I was sat in my missus Peugeot for example, would he have done that? No probably not. He was in a bloody Corsa for crying out loud, but was trying to make a point. Meanwhile, my Dad wouldnt care if a Mclaren or a Hyundai pulled alongside him, and wouldnt feel any need to drag race. So why is it that the crappier the car, the more the driver seems to want to make a point?
    You'll love this website then: barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1
  • Options
    I will never buy a German Car - The companies are perfectly respectable now but had sorry histories in WW2 and that is part of their heritage in my books. In the absence of proper English cars I tend to go Italian.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Mercedes Benz and BMW are very very boring.

Nissan Micra's are awful. I once went to a car hire co who had f***d up my reservation and only had an old Micra in the yard. I ended up driving along the M4 to Wales in the pouring rain with trucks thundering past in a vehicle that made me very aware that I was basically sitting in a tin can with my knees under my chin. Terrifying.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with French cars! They maybe rattling tin cans, but they're so much fun to drive. Examples being the Renault 5 GTT, Clio Williams, and any RenaultSport Clio/Megane/Twingo model, plus the old Peugeot 205 and 106 GTi models, and Citroen Saxo VTS.
    Had an old 205 GT which was tremedous fun - like a motorised roller skate with all the protection of an egg box.
    Also had a Citroen XM. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful car. G 929 BJB, I still hate you.

• Options
    All the others (and lorries) on the M25 this morning when I took my daughter to Gatwick!

Why don't they ever listen? I told her we needed to leave between 5:30am and 6:am or we hit traffic and duly gave her tea in bed at 5:00 am.

We still didn't get to her friend's house until 6:30 am!

I dropped her off at Gatwick at 8:10 am. As a result she was late for her 8:am check-in (flight 10:am) and guess whose fault it was!

CLUE: Not hers!

I just hope she is allowed to travel and some bureaucratic shitbag doesn't make his / her day by messing up her holiday.
    Might teach her a lesson though Len? :-)

• Options

arthur....are you the same arthur that used to post on NetAddicks?
    nah not the same!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate standard Porsche's. The Boxter etc. They look like hairdresser's cars. I can't understand why anyone with that sort of money would want to drive one. I'd rather have a Lotus Elise, and they are pretty terrible looking too.

The Porsche is your standard middle-aged crisis car, for sure.
  • Options

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but this was Top Gear car of the year a few years back. I wouldn't have one saying that!
  • Options
    I hate standard Porsche's. The Boxter etc. They look like hairdresser's cars. I can't understand why anyone with that sort of money would want to drive one. I'd rather have a Lotus Elise, and they are pretty terrible looking too.

not even lying here but plaaayer had one of those and traded it for his smart

gods honest on powells life
  • Options
    All the others (and lorries) on the M25 this morning when I took my daughter to Gatwick!

Why don't they ever listen? I told her we needed to leave between 5:30am and 6:am or we hit traffic and duly gave her tea in bed at 5:00 am.

We still didn't get to her friend's house until 6:30 am!

I dropped her off at Gatwick at 8:10 am. As a result she was late for her 8:am check-in (flight 10:am) and guess whose fault it was!

CLUE: Not hers!

I just hope she is allowed to travel and some bureaucratic shitbag doesn't make his / her day by messing up her holiday.
    Might teach her a lesson though Len? :-)

There's always that I guess but a harsh way of learning.

All academic anyway as she's texted me to say she's arrived!
  • Options
    I also hate the 'Mini' clubman. Where did it go so wrong?

• Options
    edited July 2012

not even lying here but plaaayer had one of those and traded it for his smart

gods honest on powells life
    Didn't he have a porsche cayenne? They're okay
  • Options
    All Chelsea Tractors, no need for them at all, buy a fecking people carrier not a great big tank that would kill someone if you hit them at 10mph that you cannot even park beacuse you have no idea how to drive a vehicle that size you tw*t. People who buy these cars buy them for one reason, look at me & how well I am doing, do you know how much this car costs?
    Dont worry Jealousy can be treated.
  • Options
    Any modern big German car with those incredibly bright headlights. More than once I have had to pull over to let one pass because the reflection in my mirrors was causing me actual pain!. Sometimes in daylight!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I love this, can I just add, I am doing very well at the moment and so last week picked up my new Mercedes C180 AMG Sports in Addicks Red, if that makes me a twat I am a very happy one! The headlights are incredibly bright as well, sorry Red_in_SE8.....
  • Options

This, worst looking motor in history! Errr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Mercedes C180 isn't a Chelsea tractor though, is it? Just asking like.
  • Options
    I love this, can I just add, I am doing very well at the moment and so last week picked up my new Mercedes C180 AMG Sports in Addicks Red, if that makes me a twat I am a very happy one! The headlights are incredibly bright as well, sorry Red_in_SE8.....
    Do AMG soup up Merc's 4 cylinder models now :-)

• Options
    Addickted, TBH no they just put flash mats and body kit etc, not sure its any quicker but certainly quick enough for me! Saga your right, should have read the post, gave me the opportunity to show off about my new car though!
  • Options
    Addickted, TBH no they just put flash mats and body kit etc, not sure its any quicker but certainly quick enough for me! Saga your right, should have read the post, gave me the opportunity to show off about my new car though!
    Yeah - I think you picked the wrong quote to be honest. There was one about German cars and bright lights. ;-)
  • Options
    When we had all the snow and cars could not get up shooters hill my Chelsea tractor got me up it and enabled me to collect my children safely and back home again while haters in there silly cars struggled leaving there children stranded at the school, but if that makes me a show off twat then so be it.
  • Options
    Hate hate hate any kind of chav car - ie souped up Nova's etc etc. Especially people who put Recaro bucket seats and full race harnesses etc in the car, along with motorsport dials, gear stick and metal pedals. You are driving round the Dartford one way system, not bloody Silverstone at 200mph.

At the weekend, someone pulled up alongside my Dads 911 4S and utterly wheelspun and cut him up before storming off down the road (until he was stopped at the red 500 yards down).

The point is that if I was sat in my missus Peugeot for example, would he have done that? No probably not. He was in a bloody Corsa for crying out loud, but was trying to make a point. Meanwhile, my Dad wouldnt care if a Mclaren or a Hyundai pulled alongside him, and wouldnt feel any need to drag race. So why is it that the crappier the car, the more the driver seems to want to make a point?
    I used to live in Dartford....you are right a bunch of jokers going around that one way system.
  • Options
    I've always had this gameplan for bright headlights - don't look at them - it works a treat!
    BTW, You're not a rabbit are you? :-)
  • Options
    Any modern big German car with those incredibly bright headlights. More than once I have had to pull over to let one pass because the reflection in my mirrors was causing me actual pain!. Sometimes in daylight!
    You should get a German car mate, mine's got an anti glare rear view mirror!
  • Options

Silly me.
    Maybe. But there's far more one-upmanship than debate on this forum!

SoundAs - let it go. To get so wound up in the first place was silly. To still be whingeing two months later is more than a little sad.
  • Options
    Two months...it's not even two weeks.....LOL!!