Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cars I Hate

124»

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

I've always had this gameplan for bright headlights - don't look at them - it works a treat!
    BTW, You're not a rabbit are you? :-)

Made me chuckle that
  • Options
    Was funny seeing the Mercs and BMWs stuck in the snow a couple of years back whilst my FWD Fiat strolled past them :)
  • Options
    When we had all the snow and cars could not get up shooters hill my Chelsea tractor got me up it and enabled me to collect my children safely and back home again while haters in there silly cars struggled leaving there children stranded at the school, but if that makes me a show off twat then so be it.
    Loads of smaller cars have four wheel drive, mine does, I will say it again no need to drive a Tank they are an eyesore and have no place on our Roads in my opinion other than to say look at me and how much do I earn.

• Options
    Ketman said:

Loads of smaller cars have four wheel drive, mine does, I will say it again no need to drive a Tank they are an eyesore and have no place on our Roads in my opinion other than to say look at me and how much do I earn.

You related to Ken Kivingstone?
  • Options
    No, Rick Everitt.
  • Options
    PT Cruiser....never had to do so much work to a car...always something wrong with it. one of the Worst mistake of my life!
  • Options
    The Porsche Cayenne. Just why? Why why why why? Ugly montrosity of a motor.
    oooops ...... I've been thinking of buying one of these lol
  • Options
    Whatever this is, I think its a fiat:

When I see that car I wonder what went wrong in the owner's life that led them to think "That's it... that's the car I want to drive around in."

Was one of the first 6 seater cars, 3 in the front and 3 in the back so very practical for the family and my neighbour has one ....... Look very crappy cars still :-)

• Options
    Worst car I have ever driven was a 2CV .... Looks bad, drives worse !!!!! A very close second was a Daiwou Matiz (Now rebadged as a Chevrolet Matiz). Doors were about as thick as rizla papers and had a 3 cylinder engine.
  • Options
    I've always had this gameplan for bright headlights - don't look at them - it works a treat!
    Wow! I never thought of that. Next time it is raining and some twat in a German car is driving towards me with his bright LED (or whatever thay are called) lights blazing away I will simply shut my eyes until he passes.

Perhaps you should inform the government so they can update the Highway Code with that sage advice.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Any modern big German car with those incredibly bright headlights. More than once I have had to pull over to let one pass because the reflection in my mirrors was causing me actual pain!. Sometimes in daylight!
    You should get a German car mate, mine's got an anti glare rear view mirror!
    I suppose you have a special high technology German windscreen as well which means when a twat in a German car is coming towards you with his bright lights on in the day light you are not affected by the glare.

• Options
    Okay, I admit it, I've got Xenon headlights. But I've never had problems with glare from on-coming Xenons and I live in the country off a B road with no street lights..
    Vehicles equipped with HID headlamps (except motorcycles) are required by ECE regulation 48 also to be equipped with headlamp lens cleaning systems and automatic beam levelling control. Both of these measures reduce high levels of glare to other road users.
    Their beam concentration is also better than bog standard lights and will stay that way no matter what load the car is carrying. Studies have shown that they are far safer than standard lights in poor visibility.
    A possible cause of your issue is that the colour of the light is different having a bluish tinge to it. Because they are a little less common, you notice their unusual characteristics and your eyes are drawn to them. So, for a second or two, try not to look and concentrate on your own side of the road.
    If you still have problems it may be something to do with your night-time vision and maybe you should see an optician?
    But I suspect your real problem is boy racers' ancient Vauxhall Corsas that have after-market HID-like bulbs fitted but fitted badly.
  • Options
    What's all this anti-Vauxall Corsa stuff going on? My 57 year-old sister drives a Corsa, which she inherited from my Mum, who bought it when she was 79! ;-)
  • Options
    I like driving my big 4x4 with its xenon headlights, along with the front fog lights on shinning through the back of little cars in front of me on blinding them in there rear view mirror and on coming cars saying look at me and how much i earn, now move out the way in your silly little four wheel drive car, man up and buy a proper one.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Any modern big German car with those incredibly bright headlights. More than once I have had to pull over to let one pass because the reflection in my mirrors was causing me actual pain!. Sometimes in daylight!
    You should get a German car mate, mine's got an anti glare rear view mirror!
    I suppose you have a special high technology German windscreen as well which means when a twat in a German car is coming towards you with his bright lights on in the day light you are not affected by the glare.

No need, we only turn our lights on to annoy people in non german cars.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if they have the same conversation in Germany about xenon headlights.....as so many of them have them (probably the majority by now) I guess not. They are becoming standard on many cars sold there and in other parts of mainland Europe.
    Could it possibly be that they have got it right and we (as yet) haven't?
    I've a feeling that a few years down the line we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
    And I don't have xenon headlights by the way.
  • Options
    They probably complain about the stupid people in cars with rubbish headlights pootling along the autobahn at 50mph as they can't see where they are going properly
  • Options
    Hate tailgaters with a vengeance - had a brilliant tip from a mate - when some pr!ck is tailgating you, flick on the rear fog lights and see them brake hard! LOL, gives me satisfaction when I pull ahead knowing that it gave them a fright:-D
  • Options
    What's all this anti-Vauxall Corsa stuff going on? My 57 year-old sister drives a Corsa, which she inherited from my Mum, who bought it when she was 79! ;-)
    Nothing anti-Corsa from me. They are the car of choice for young male motorists who can't afford the insurance on anything else. So they get pimped a bit but I think it's telling these guys aren't choosing to buy Fiestas, Clios, Polos and the like. Broadly they are good value motors.
  • Options
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will never buy a German Car - The companies are perfectly respectable now but had sorry histories in WW2 and that is part of their heritage in my books. In the absence of proper English cars I tend to go Italian.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I could be wrong but didnt Italy muck in with germany, and companies like Fiat were heavily involved in building tanks and airplanes to drop bombs and shoot at the plucky brits, the only difference was that Jerry did it a bit more efficiently than the Ities but the intent was still there.
  • Options
    This is an interesting site that discusses the dangers to other road users of HID Xenon headlights. It has an on-line petition as well.

lightmare.org/
  • Options
    I could be wrong but didnt Italy muck in with germany, and companies like Fiat were heavily involved in building tanks and airplanes to drop bombs and shoot at the plucky brits, the only difference was that Jerry did it a bit more efficiently than the Ities but the intent was still there.
    lol good point and if someone is going to have those principles then I guess Japanese cars apply too? Totally bizarre attitude to have IMO, where do the principles end? Japanese, Italian and German car manufacturers control or have part shares in dozens of foreign car companies.
  • Options
    I will never buy a Viking, Roman or Norman car for the same reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yup, I remember returning my Reliant Robin because I discovered some of their bulbs were delivered by a postman who was a Scottish descendant of Oliver Cromwell's Army.
    Some people called me ridiculous, but they dont realise the sorry history despite there being no such thing as a proper British car. Even Morgan have three non British EU workers.
  • Options
    Hate tailgaters with a vengeance - had a brilliant tip from a mate - when some pr!ck is tailgating you, flick on the rear fog lights and see them brake hard! LOL, gives me satisfaction when I pull ahead knowing that it gave them a fright:-D
    Give your windscreen a copious wash as well; they usually get the message and pull back, especially convertibles with the hood down!