Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez's Share increase (change to CAFC Holdings)

Comments

• Options
    Is TJ fattening his Goose to sell -Club and Ground --

interesting?

• Options
    i just hope TJ has the best interests of the club at heart?
    Doubt it, but perhaps TJ making a quick buck and us getting new owners go hand in hand
  • Options
    The general consensus from those in the know was that TJ was a bad apple and needed binning.
    The bad apple has just taken over a huge majority of our club.
    So if those in the know really do know, then I reckon we're in for a pretty rough ride.
  • Options
    Why would you say something like that? Have you not paid attention to what has happened to the club since TJ came onboard? We have just come off the back of our best season in years and will play in the Championship next season for christs sake!

I think we should stop this TJ witch hunt. It's all getting a bit silly.

rant over

Fk
  • Options
    Well said Tone.
  • Options
    Makes more sense now.

TJ has taken the shares of two minority shareholders (around 9.8% each).
    Bang on 28 + 9.8 + 9.8 = 47.6% Jimenez's new shareholding.
    Slater remains on 23%.
    Could TJ have bought PV's and KC's shareholding?
    Not sure. I always thought that for KC read Slater.
    They are the same person.

Parhaps KC had 9.8% on his own and Slater used KC money to get his shares, that Slater will pay back with interest when he sells.
  • Options
    PV wasn't a shareholder and MS is KCs frontman IMHO.

I think TJ has bought half of KCs holding (kev always controlled all 45% one way or another).

There is still a big question mark over why the plan has changed. And before you say it it has changed otherwise there would be no need to shift the shares.

Good scenario TJ has found another wealthy backer and we're stable and viable long term.

Bad scenario TJ has been forced to buy out some of KCs share now and is trying to cobble together enough dosh to keep the club ticking over.
  • Options
    Why would you say something like that? Have you not paid attention to what has happened to the club since TJ came onboard? We have just come off the back of our best season in years and will play in the Championship next season for christs sake!

rant over

Fk
    This.
  • Options
    Makes more sense now.

Slater remains on 23%.
    very much doubt if PV owned any part of us , just me guessing btw
  • Options

rant over

Fk
    yes but last season peter varney was onboard, my opinion is can we trust TJ only time will tell.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes more sense now.

Slater remains on 23%.
    Not sure. I always thought that for KC read Slater.
    They are the same person.

I thought KC was Kevin Cash?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Unfortunately, I made a typo. Sorry. Michael Slater's shareholding has not changed at 23 per cent. The page has been updated.
    This means if TJ's increase was the result of cash injection then MS must have put some in too to keep his shareholding unchanged.

This makes the idea that TJ bought the shares off someone else more likely IMO.

Yup - sales of existing shares rather than issuing fresh ones does seem more likely since MS's holding remains same. Probably two minority shareholders have exited as calculated by AFKA.

While my initial thoughts on reading the news were negative thanks to last week's 'kerfuffles', on the surface of it this looks like positive news - Since none of the theories about the nature and current interest levels of the backers are 100% dead certs, we should judge the impact of the ownership restructure by the 'frontmen'.

TJ was already the largest shareholder in a season which was quite amazing by any standards (manager backed, players bought, league won, records broken) - now that he has increased his shareholding even more, shouldn't we be really happy and expect an even more exciting season ahead?

Or am I being too positive?
  • Options
    who knows if last years miracle run came at a very high price... salaries + undisclosed etc and maybe when the sums were done for this year it didn't look as sexy as it had previously and who has footed the bill for all this extravagance, i'm sure jenkinsons sale would not have covered it all
  • Options
    Does TJ have the club at heart or is he buying the shares to sell the club on and an inflated rate ?? In the meantime i can see the fans suffering with inflated ticket pricing.
  • Options
    Does TJ have the club at heart or is he buying the shares to sell the club on and an inflated rate ?? In the meantime i can see the fans suffering with inflated ticket pricing.
    Ticket prices released recently. Very competitive.
  • Options
    Kevin Costner
  • Options
    Ticket prices released recently. Very competitive.
    As a major shareholder TJ can now dictate what the prices are to be for future matches, i agree currently we are competitive, however we start to see a change in pricing, nothing is cast in stone.

• Options

rant over

Fk
    yes but last season peter varney was onboard, my opinion is can we trust TJ only time will tell.

yes and i did pay attention i went to most games last year and i also went to games at shitehurst park and upton park and to be perfectly honest i dont fancy doing that shite again, rant over.

• Options
    STICKLEBACK BLOG

http://sticklebackplastic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/san-rocky-de-lepe.html

'I've blogged earlier about the situation at San Roque de Lepe, a Spanish football club which appears to be owned by the same people who own Charlton. With the news that Charlton's friendly against Sporting Lisbon won't now take place at the San Roque stadium, I looked up what's been happening.

Here's the fullest story I could find. Using my limited Spanish and my more limited business knowledge, it seems that the club owed €150,000, mainly to players, and that if that debt wasn't paid, the club would be relegated to the 3rd division. The Town Council of Lepe has organised a deal whereby local businesses have paid the debt. In return the (former) owners of the club have transferred 51% of the shares to the Council, which is therefore the majority shareholder. It is suggested that some of the British owners didn't want to retain ownership, and that is why the owners as a whole didn't pay off the debts.

So this explains why the Charlton match isn't being played there any more. Does it shed any light on what's going on with the ownership of Charlton? We've read that one director has left, apparently unexpectedly. Perhaps this means there's a split within the owners of the Addicks. This is all I can work out for now. I expect there will be more to come, but have no idea if this is good or bad news.

If anyone understands the Spanish story better than I do, please comment! '
    ------------------------------

Thrown into the bubble bubble mix. Apologies if it has been posted before.
  • Options
    I hate percentages!!!!!! I wonder who TJ is backed by and if they and TJ can be trusted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is good news. People keep moaning about TJ but at least he has by the looks of it injected money into the club.

As for Zabeel, look past the investment company, consider who owns them that's where the money is. (not saying a takeover will happen)
  • Options
    I thought the game was being played there again?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I hope it is good news but you can't carry on ignoring that people had been saying for weeks that there were problems, that there had been changes at the top and that these were causing at best cash flow problems and at worst threatened the stability of the squad and club.

Now when official news comes out that the doubters asked for (and what a great way to let the fans know) some are still refusing to see even the sightest cause for concern.

If you find a lump ignoring won't change the fact that it is a lump. The doc may give you good or bad news but you just can't pretend it aint there.
    My dear Sir

I realise everyone is beholden to what you say as you are one of those ITK but this is a load of rubbish. The only negative that has come out that is most probably true is that there were cash flow problems. I am sure cash flow problems occur in every business, they do mine and I woud like to bet a pound to a lump of shite that these same problems have occured nearly every month within the club for the last ten years, even in the Premiership. It's what happens. For some, like me, not to go down the 'lets believe the doom merchants' doesnt deserve the derision handed out by you. I happen to have a different opinion.
    I am 100% positive about all that has happened recently and none of the rumours have dented that. To me the change in shareholding is a new injection of funds and one I was told would be looked for in the Championship at least a year ago. Because my maths doesnt quite reach the standard of 2+2=5 doesn't mean I am not allowed an opinion and nor other/s who share my views.

• Options
    I hope it is good news but you can't carry on ignoring that people had been saying for weeks that there were problems, that there had been changes at the top and that these were causing at best cash flow problems and at worst threatened the stability of the squad and club.

Now when official news comes out that the doubters asked for (and what a great way to let the fans know) some are still refusing to see even the sightest cause for concern.

If you find a lump ignoring won't change the fact that it is a lump. The doc may give you good or bad news but you just can't pretend it aint there.
    My dear Sir

I realise everyone is beholden to what you say as you are one of those ITK but this is a load of rubbish. The only negative that has come out that is most probably true is that there were cash flow problems. I am sure cash flow problems occur in every business, they do mine and I woud like to bet a pound to a lump of shite that these same problems have occured nearly every month within the club for the last ten years, even in the Premmiership. Its what happen. For some, like me, not to go down the 'lets believe the doom merchants' doesnt deserve the derision handed out by you. I happen to have a different opinion.
    I am 100% positive about all that has happened recently and none of the rumours have dented that. To me the change in shareholding is a new injection of funds and one I was told would be looked for in the Championship at least a year ago. Becuase my maths doesnt quite reach the standard of 2+2=5 doesn't mean I am not allowed an opinion and nor other/s who share my views.

To be fair,I think Henry knows about as much as you.Which is very little.
  • Options
    Even more reason to let others have a different opinion
  • Options
    I hate percentages!!!!!! I wonder who TJ is backed by and if they and TJ can be trusted.
    I'm 54% sure TJ can be trusted
  • Options
    I think we'd all be more positive if there was more from the club, whether or not they mean to be it does come across as shady when you don't give the fans and those that care enough/any reassurance.
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9814092.Jimenez_boosts_share_holding_in_Charlton_Athletic/
    The first report on this matter? Could force the club to make a statement.
  • Options
    This is what it said before:

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (28 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.

This is what is says now:

Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (20.7 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.
    Unfortunately, I made a typo. Sorry. Michael Slater's shareholding has not changed at 23 per cent. The page has been updated.
    So, when he meant to type 23 he typed 20.7! Right, I am now convinced that TJ's backer has injected £20.7 million into the club!