Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez's Share increase (change to CAFC Holdings)

Comments

• Options
    "less loook a the evi-dance"

• Options
    MS is down by 2.3% (23 to 20.7)
    TJ is up by 19.6% (28 to 47.6)
  • Options
    FTSE down 0.4%
    Dax down 0.6%
    Hang Seng up 1.2%
  • Options
    So if I am correct, TJ has the major shares, he was called the bad guy in last weeks boardroom bust up. He brokered the collapsed deal with Zabeel a couple of seasons ago. Rumours abound that he wants to resurrect the deal, PV leave and Newell follows, I assuming because TJ wants to sell to Zabeel, so TJ buys most shares and can now complete the sale to Zabeel? Or is the tree I am barking up in the wrong woods.
    Greenie you may well be close. However, my understanding is that all shareholders will all have to sell as Jimenez's buyers want 100% control. That's if's there's any truth in this.
    A way around this could be for TJ to buyout the remaining shares. Any new owner, whether that's Zabeel or not, would only have to buy out TJ to be majority shareholder. They wouldn't need to touch the others' shares would they?
  • Options
    Why on earth are people so excited by a mention of Zabeel...look here:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/01/23/us-zabeel-restructuring-idUKTRE80M11W20120123

Bucket loads of debt and restructuring with Banks in January of this year. Is this the sort of investor we are all crying out for re our club
    Read through the whole thing, Zabeel are just conning them, they are not in any real trouble.
  • Options
    Let's wait and see, Jiminez has wanted control of us for a long time so he must have some plan in place . A successful Charlton means more money for him as well don't forget.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    where's Pete in Dubai or whatever his name is , wasn't he going for a job interview with Zabeel last week
  • Options
    Nobody really knows how much TJ or any of his backers has - I'd probably want a more reliable source than 2 Newcastle fans I met on a train.

TJ has numerous contacts and a team on the up who might have a shot at promotion to the premier may be a lot easier to attract money than a team languishing in League One - It seems from recent activity that money has come in.

• Options
    We seem to all be working on the assumption TJ has 'backers'.

He may well do, but i can't see how anyone can be certain of it at this stage.
  • Options
    Wonder what Old Dick thinks about this? He said he would only sell CAFC if they were in "safe hands"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Charlton I recognize seems to be drifting away. I will always remember last season as a thing of joy and beauty.

I am going outside now. I may be some time.
  • Options
    A successful Charlton means more money for him as well don't forget.
    Does it??? I would like to be shown some financial evidence of wealthy backers getting a profitable return on their investment in a football club
  • Options
    I really don't know but I do have suspicions around Jiminez. Not based on anything related to pure business.
    Releated to "business"... 17 UK companies where he has been a director, 16 have been dissolved...
  • Options
    It makes sense he (or backers) acquired the Newall 9.8%...
    Club rumoured to be short of cash after losses last season but then suddenly new players signed which must mean a cash injection
    No factual basis but there's another possibility as to why MS down a tad and TJ up alot...
    new share issue into CAFC Holdings which dilutes MS (and others)... this would mean that no one else has sold, just that they didn't all cough up to "share" losses...

The end result is the same in that 1 individual close to 50%

I looked it up and typical Championship club (without parachute money) turns over £15M - no idea about CAFC costs and income but I always thought that break even was possible as long as we don't go on a shopping spree
    this is what indian_addick is saying... seems to be the only logical explanation. It makes more sense than anyone else selling their (frankly) worthless stake to TJ.

Missed the indian_addick post when skimming but looks a viable explanation ... MS is down by exactly 10% Assume Newall out and that we now have 4 x other partners who have stayed below 10% to avoid disclosure...maybe on has cashed out?

Worthless? I disagree as we are now one step closer to the Premier League where the club might be worth serious money

Once the dust has settled on what must have been a bit of a barney, parhaps TJ and MS can explain funding, direction etc
    'serious money' - what are you thinking? I would say around £20m as a premier league proposition in this environment... in the meantime we have a £4-5m (?) a year black hole... what value do you put on that? Not a huge amount in my view.
  • Options
    well if he bought us for nothing and cleared debts, plus threw in 20 million for transfers, upkeep, upgrades etc. and got us to the premiership, and sold us for 60million, then yes I am sure he will make a profit
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I really don't know but I do have suspicions around Jiminez. Not based on anything related to pure business.
    Releated to "business"... 17 UK companies where he has been a director, 16 have been dissolved...
    Lol, that has put my mind to rest then.
  • Options
    Whatever the reason, it feels doesn't feel like an ownership structure for 'steady progress/growth'.
    Agree.

Amongst all the 'known knowns' and 'unknown unknowns' etc in this situation, one thing seems fairly certain which is that it is generally acknowledged that - although TJ is wealthy by the standards of most of us - he is not personally sufficietly wealthy to bankroll a football club. He has a reputation as a 'wheeler dealer' with lots of 'contacts' - including in the middle east. So I think that he has either 'found' some new investment (and is now 'fronting' this new money), or (more likely?) the new shareholder 'structure' is to allow him to tout the club around for a new 'owner'.

'Speculation' of course....

• Options
    Has been commented on many times here before. TJ deals in property, sets up an SPV for a property venture, sells out, dissolves company. Does not meanbad debt and is very normal practice.
  • Options
    smsm
    edited July 2012
    Need to be careful not to read too much into what the % shareholdings in CAFC Holdings mean - as they are shareholdings in a British Virgin Islands company and what rights go with those shareholdings might be anyone's guess in that part of the world. BVI is often used because such difficult questions don't need to be answered.
  • Options
    Praying for my holiday to start cant be dealing with much more of the if's and but's. straight back and into the season lovely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a fair analogy, Isaw explained it on a previous thread
  • Options
    Hopefully putting 2 and 2 together here....... TJ and a certain Orange pr*ck can (relatively) frequently be found in the bars of Spain together.....

Has SJ come good on his word to run us into the ground and put us out of business?

Please dont say that a few of us joked when the new owners came in that it was Jordan and that he was going to ruin us.
  • Options
    Nobody really knows how much TJ or any of his backers has - I'd probably want a more reliable source than 2 Newcastle fans I met on a train.

TJ has numerous contacts and a team on the up who might have a shot at promotion to the premier may be a lot easier to attract money than a team languishing in League One - It seems from recent activity that money has come in.

This

It has surprised me that no one has talked in this way before ,surely Charlton becomes much more attractive now we are like many other clubs only one year away from the 'dream' of the Prem again .

Therefore the value of the club must be higher than 18 months ago , for the same reason we need to avoid relegation to L1 this season and this is my revised ambition for this season .

• Options
    People shouldn't be surprised by the lack of information and clarity from the club's owners cos we had a taster of things to come with this sort of approach...

....when they bought the club.

I personally was staggered when us fans were treated with contempt by the wall of silence about who was attempting to take our club over from the club itself....but more staggered by the amount of fans who simply excepted the situation.

Not wanting someone/people to know you've bid for something is one thing. Not wanting someone/people/club supporters to know you're identity after a bid has been excepted and you're proceeding with the purchase is another altogether.
    How many clubs supporters do you reckon would have excepted being treated like this?
    They treated us like mugs and we let them.

This lot ain't gonna tell us chaff all unless they have no choice.
  • Options
    Not a fair analogy, Isaw explained it on a previous thread
    It's a fair analogy in terms of the temporary.. Slater's ambition of one season with us, as chairman in the premier league, just leaves me wanting to know who or what is coming next.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    well if he bought us for nothing and cleared debts, plus threw in 20 million for transfers, upkeep, upgrades etc. and got us to the premiership, and sold us for 60million, then yes I am sure he will make a profit
    £60m looks very high to me. I would think £25-30m...
  • Options
    People shouldn't be surprised by the lack of information and clarity from the club's owners cos we had a taster of things to come with this sort of approach...

....when they bought the club.

I personally was staggered when us fans were treated with contempt by the wall of silence about who was attempting to take our club over from the club itself....but more staggered by the amount of fans who simply excepted the situation.

Not wanting someone/people to know you've bid for something is one thing. Not wanting someone/people/club supporters to know you're identity after a bid has been excepted and you're proceeding with the purchase is another altogether.
    How many clubs supporters do you reckon would have excepted being treated like this?
    They treated us like mugs and we let them.

This lot ain't gonna tell us chaff all unless they have no choice.
    This...
  • Options
    I think we need to be careful not to demonise the current owners on the basis that we have little information. Of course we'd all like more information, but in most business's do the customers know the ins and outs of the boardroom?

Evidence so far is that they have through their structure achieved a record breaking promotion in their first full season, give SCP the backing and support as required.
  • Options

Airman Brown announced on here that we needed funding: EVERYONE PANIC!

Then the main source of our wealth - a backer via TJ - suddenly owns a shedload more of the club. Without an announcement of a rushuffle (i.e. shares being bought or sold), at face value surely this just means TJ has given the club extra funding: EVERYONE PANIC!

Personally, without any hard facts to lead me to believe otherwise, I think this morning's news can be seen as a good thing.
  • Options
    we still have debts interest to pay in this league, and repayments in the prem after the resturcture, so I doubt we are worth £25m personally, unless these were wiped out during the purchase, can anyone confirm/deny this?