Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Strikers to ever wear the Charlton shirt

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Morning, I need to find the worst 5 CAFC strikers ever, ideally the most consistently bad should top the list, with the odd example of their lack of ability wuld be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Jeffers
  • Options
    Bradley Allen
  • Options
    Andy gray
  • Options
    Kim grant
  • Options
    Hasselbaink and McLeod were dreadful. Andy Gray is a good call
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    From recent years I'd say Francis Jeffers or Carlton Cole. The one that the old timers always mention is Barry Endean, but I never saw him so can't comment.
  • Options
    Not sure I saw Barry Endean, anyone got any examples of his inability?
  • Options
    Pawel Abbott, a player that home fans actually laughed at...
  • Options
    Paul Gorman - just not up to the level we were playing at
  • Options
    David Mooney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frank Nouble.
  • Options
    Dick Plumb or Rodney Green......actually there are loads of them if we put our minds to it!
  • Options
    Mike Small.
  • Options
    Barry Endean was very poor. Signed from Watford as I remember. Scored a wonder header for them v Liverpool in an FA Cup match and I think his whole career was built on that. The goal might even be on YouTube. As already said we've had some right stinkers.
  • Options
    David Mooney
    On ability it's got to be Mooney, Jeffers etc was poor relative to the team but Mooney was just terrible.
  • Options
    3:47 mins into the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSxN6-csiNA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    good find.... how many misses before the goal?
  • Options
    Billy Lansdowne
    Mike Small
    Barry Enden
    Frank Nouble
    Carl Leaburn
  • Options
    Mark mccammon wasn't great
  • Options
    I thought Jeffers was better than Marcus Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Henry, you just 'know' you're going to start off the Leaburn debate again don't you!!!

So here goes...good footballer and leader of the front line held the ball up very well and laid it off equally as well.
    However he was a pizz poor striker/goal scorer....that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
  • Options
    Billy Lansdowne
    Mike Small
    Barry Enden
    Frank Nouble
    Carl Leaburn
    Henry you are naughty.

• Options
    I loved matt svensson, but didn't think he was all that good. Mind you, that was in the prem so I guess that rules him out. Mooney deserves a shout for sure, though I thought he tried hard
  • Options
    Surprised it's taken this long before Marcus Bent is mentioned...!
    I'd take Allen, Grant and Gray over him
  • Options
    Matt svenson looked like beaker from the muppets and played like him

Pawell abbot you got what you paid for thirty grand is a piss take we should never have signed a player that cost that

• Options
    I loved matt svensson, but didn't think he was all that good. Mind you, that was in the prem so I guess that rules him out. Mooney deserves a shout for sure, though I thought he tried hard
    The fact he tried hard and was still completely useless says it all. That goal against gillingham was one good moment in a sea of utter dog shit.
  • Options
    I'm willing to believe Andy Gray had an injury which stopped us seeing the best of him, although it does raise the question of why we signed him when we did. Lawrie Abrahams, Mark McCammon, Mike Small and Frank Nouble were all poor, but I'm still wondering what Leon Clark was all about last year. Mooney was a classic case of a player who started OK but just seemed to wither away into total ineffectiveness as time went on.

I was talking to a fella who I thought had no interest in football, but who surprised me by saying he used to go to Charlton, he said watching Lawrie Abrahams finished him off. Some of these guys cast a long shadow......
  • Options
    Not the worst though, surely Dave? At least he tried, unlike JFH?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not the worst though, surely Dave? At least he tried, unlike JFH?
    Agree Algarve, a bit unkind that....saw him play in an away game at Cambridge and he was really good that day firing in shots from all over.....thought he might have gone on to do a lot more.
    Sadly the club didn't see it that way and didn't persevere with him for all that long, so he never got a run in the side, comes under the heading of a 'what might have been.'
    Could certainly strike a ball, that's for sure!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    JFH....surely just about the most dissapointing signing of a 'big name' we have ever made....John Barnes not being far behind mind you.