Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    Missed out again and I was in straight away soon as they went up at "1 min"

Now resigned to it.
  • Options
    I honestly think it's just down to luck. Today is the 1st day that I haven't been on the website 12 hours a day. Went on at 6 to have a quick look, clicked it & got them. Pure luck of the draw me thinks!
  • Options
    Found out tonight I'm going to the football final on Saturday. Hoping Brazil are involved
  • Options

Any of you lucky buggers who have already been to the Olympic Stadium able to shed any light on my ticket location? Cant seem to find any proper info anywhere on stadium layout

block-244
    row-46
    seat-169

I was in block 234 and this was my view (black bag was where my seat was)

• Options
    Or looking across the stadium
  • Options
    not sure if been mentioned but I saw Prince Harry during the diamond jubilee saying that he was in a ballot with everyone else and he was just hoping to get a couple of tickets.
    How lucky is that guy?!
    I think he must have won tickets to nearly every event! And majority of them was to watch a British athlete win gold. Amazing.
  • Options

not sure if been mentioned but I saw Prince Harry during the diamond jubilee saying that he was in a ballot with everyone else and he was just hoping to get a couple of tickets.
    How lucky is that guy?!
    I think he must have won tickets to nearly every event! And majority of them was to watch a British athlete win gold. Amazing.

What were the chances!! LOL!
  • Options
    Perhaps the sponsors heard his cry for help? :)
  • Options
    Paolo47 said:

Any of you lucky buggers who have already been to the Olympic Stadium able to shed any light on my ticket location? Cant seem to find any proper info anywhere on stadium layout

block-244
    row-46
    seat-169

I was in block 234 and this was my view (black bag was where my seat was)

That bag did look a bit suspect!
  • Options
    hmm just trying to buy some clicked request tickets and nothing happens, any ideas anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

hmm just trying to buy some clicked request tickets and nothing happens, any ideas anyone?

Happened to me before a few times logging in and out sometimes helps but normally when it does that your chances are gone in the time wasted

• Options

I managed it!!!!!! I got 2 tickets to the womans semi final tomorrow night!!!! Sorry @suzisausage. I had been trying for 4 tickets for days with no luck. I had basically given up to be honest, went on it half hour ago on the off chance, typed in 2 tickets, expected the usual error message & they came up!! So excited but at the same time feel bad for Suzi as she probably deserves tickets more than I do. Keep trying Suzi, my persistance eventually paid off, hope it does for you too!!!

Well done! Hope it was great!

Sorry not replied sooner, wasn't sulking, I thought I'd better avoid this page for a while as thought people were bored with my non-ticket updates!

Still ticketless, and my last hope to go is for tonight as can't go to anything tomorrow or at the weekend so pretty much given up hope.

definately think there is something now on the site some kinda gizmo invented to snatch the tickets within seconds as its not humanly possible to apply for the ones that are coming up now, literally, refreshing every 3 seconds on the page, and they come up, i click the button and they're gone. oh to be back to the days to have a 15 minute ticket search wait!!!

• Options
    razil said:

nothing available.

• Options
    Sorry suzi

Got my tickets last night 3 for the 10 mtr diving tonight

Shocked as the price on them says

450 quid category AA

Entry A
    Block 109
    Row 3
    Seats 28,29,30

Can't wait joe is well excited as am I will be great to actually enjoy the park and venue without working
  • Options
    hope the seat is cushioned - poor people paying that much! (well not poor, but you know what i mean!) enjoy! will they show the athletics on a screen in there?
  • Options
    Haven't worked inside in there yet

went to the test events and don't even remember a screen

Must admit I think 450 is a disgusting amount of money to pay for ticket for the Olympics

• Options
    I'm sure it'll be fab, especially with those seats - got a ticket for the swimming for the paralympics and can't wait to be inside that building - looks amazing!
  • Options
    Right, went to the Olympics yesterday & have to say, a little disappointed with the park!!! The actual park itself is lovely but, once you have walked around it, there really isn't much else to do!!Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the hockey & love the fact that I can say I went to an Olympics event, I just really thought there would be lots of stuff to do around the park which there wasn't, apart from queuing!!!

The thing that annoyed me the most was that in the whole massive Olympic park, there was only 2 televisions showing any of the action & that was in a place called Park Live where there were no toilets! So you queue up for hours to get into park live to watch some of the action & once you need a pee you have to walk out of the park live area to go to the toilet & queue up AGAIN to get back in!!!! Surely it would have made more sense to have lots of screens up within the Olympic park showing all different sports??

As I say, I loved the atmosphere in the Hockey arena & that was great fun but I am sorry to say I found the Olympic park a little bit boring! Probably just me though!
  • Options

Right, went to the Olympics yesterday & have to say, a little disappointed with the park!!! The actual park itself is lovely but, once you have walked around it, there really isn't much else to do!!Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the hockey & love the fact that I can say I went to an Olympics event, I just really thought there would be lots of stuff to do around the park which there wasn't, apart from queuing!!!

The thing that annoyed me the most was that in the whole massive Olympic park, there was only 2 televisions showing any of the action & that was in a place called Park Live where there were no toilets! So you queue up for hours to get into park live to watch some of the action & once you need a pee you have to walk out of the park live area to go to the toilet & queue up AGAIN to get back in!!!! Surely it would have made more sense to have lots of screens up within the Olympic park showing all different sports??

As I say, I loved the atmosphere in the Hockey arena & that was great fun but I am sorry to say I found the Olympic park a little bit boring! Probably just me though!

you're just saying that to make me feel better aren't you! I bet really it was amazing and you could piss where you wanted to! :-p
  • Options
    Havent paid any attention to that when I have been in there will be interesting to see now

I heard there were performers that appear in ques is that correct
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Havent paid any attention to that when I have been in there will be interesting to see now

I heard there were performers that appear in ques is that correct

I didn't see any personally
  • Options
    Has anyone been in the beat box or gone to the pin trading
  • Options
    We didn't but a guy in the office did the beat box and said it was really good.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I went to the athletics Tuesday morning. Category A seats for £150 each. They were definitely corporate area as we had padded seats & exited into a carpeted corridor.

As for the Olympic Park. It's great to have a wander round, but as said, apart from seeing the outside of the venues, there isn't anything to do, unless you want to park yourself on the grass bank infront of the big screen.

I did see Jess Ennis in the park at a US TV centre set up & Rebecca Adlington twice, when we went to the basketball on Thursday. Once on the grass bank & again at the BBC studio.

Great days.

PS I wouldn't have shelled out £1,350 for 90 minutes of women diving. No offence.
  • Options
    Around 2.1 million tickets for the Paralympic Games have been sold, according to Games officials.

More than 600,000 have been bought in the past month, pushing the total past the previous record of 1.8 million tickets sold for the 2008 Beijing Paralympics.

London 2012 chairman Lord Coe said the organisers were "absolutely delighted" with the interest from the British public, adding: "The Olympic Games have shown us that the UK has taken the Games to their heart.

"With the tickets sold so far and more still to come I look forward to even more people getting the chance to join in and to form memories that will last a lifetime."

A total of 2.5 million tickets have been put on sale for the London 2012 Paralympics which run from August 29 to September 9. Prices start at £10 or £5 for young people and seniors.

International Paralympic Committee president Sir Philip Craven said: "To have sold the most ever tickets for a Paralympic Games three weeks before the opening ceremony is absolutely fantastic and shows the insatiable appetite the public has for top class elite sport.

"Normally the busiest sales period for the Paralympic Games is once the Olympics have begun. The difference in London however is that ahead of the Games starting we had sold over 1.4 million tickets, giving us a great platform with which to build from.

"So far London has delivered a quite spectacular Olympic Games which has further whetted the appetite of the public ahead of the Paralympics.

"Our aim now is to sell every single ticket. It would be fitting that when the Paralympic Movement returns to its spiritual birthplace in three weeks time it does so in front of packed sold-out venues."

British Paralympic Association chief executive Tim Hollingsworth said: "We want everyone to get behind ParalympicsGB in the way they have behind Team GB - it will make a difference. So spread the word.

"We want the stadia to be packed to the rafters with British supporters. I can promise exhilarating sport in stunning venues with all our GB athletes ready to put it all on the line for our country.

"I know our athletes can't wait to compete in front of the biggest crowds ever at a Paralympic Games and we want them to be full of British fans."
  • Options
    Nor would I believe me

Freebies fortunately
  • Options
    Cheers DM I had heard from those who led the project that it was good but I would expect the to say that

I was hoping someone had been so I can work out if it's worth queuing
  • Options

What was pin trading?

• Options
    kimbo said:

What was pin trading?

Badge swapping.
  • Options

Sorry suzi

Got my tickets last night 3 for the 10 mtr diving tonight

Shocked as the price on them says

450 quid category AA

Entry A
    Block 109
    Row 3
    Seats 28,29,30

Can't wait joe is well excited as am I will be great to actually enjoy the park and venue without working

Hi NLA, I know you swapped as the basketball is now at North Greenwich arena, but they have just announced that this has been moved to White Oak Swimming Pool, Swanley.