Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    haha, classic!
  • Options
    Lol do you know I have been checking every morning to see if the pool had moved
  • Options
    Just back from Serpentine in my lunch hour - couldnt see much, quite busy.

Went into Olympic shop but no clothes for under 3 year olds - was hoping to get tshirt for my littlun with Future Team GB Athlete or something like that on it but nothing in his age range (18-24months)
  • Options
    are the sponsors pavilions going to stay open for the Paralympics?
  • Options
    I believe so
  • Options
    I've joined to explain how I got tickets to the Closing Ceremony on Monday. I'd been trying for four days, and worked out that they add in batches every hour or so, with bigger batches first thing in the morningand evening. Each time I tried they showed as I available then I realised when they are about to add they do that first, then again once they're gone. I managed to get someone my basket several times and each time emptied and tried again. Then I had an idea not to empty my basket, and to make sure I stayed logged in and through the security check I had to refresh every minute or so but I sat there with the tickets in my basket for well over an hour and kept pressing find tickets probably more than once a minute. Then as they must have added the next batch at about 7.30pm all of a sudden they popped up, not even the queue screen. Just to try my theory I tried again today, and had more offered for the Closing Ceremony. ;)
  • Options
    There is also TicketAlert on Twitter that can help you see when batches are coming. Although I got them before TicketAlert even posted.
  • Options
    Doh, obviously CC is Sunday but I meant I bought them on Monday lol!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, also if when you search say for all sports but in Olympic Village as a venue it only shows tickets that are available or have been available. I found if I just searched for what I wanted, ie; Closing Ceremony and all venues they showed up this way first. I found that seemed to work with all sports, so its like they appear in a single search first when they are getting ready to add.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. 1 more hour to go of refresh and request for me than I'm out.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do some work !!!!
  • Options
    Big batch of Paralympic tickets are going on sale on Monday, so wait and go for them
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Big batch of Paralympic tickets are going on sale on Monday, so wait and go for them

Really?

Have seen more athletics for the Paras pop up today and yesterday and despite being on in a flash have missed out on all of them.

Starting to lose hope!

• Options
    I already have 3 different sets of tickets for the paralympics.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Do some work !!!!

doing plenty. my boss who is out today at the syncronised swimming and the athletics tonight has me under strict instructions since the start of the 'limpics to keep him in the loop. he's got me watching 2 sports on my pc and also lent me his ipad to watch other sports. all this whilst working and searching for tickets!

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Do some work !!!!

doing plenty. my boss who is out today at the syncronised swimming and the athletics tonight has me under strict instructions since the start of the 'limpics to keep him in the loop. he's got me watching 2 sports on my pc and also lent me his ipad to watch other sports. all this whilst working and searching for tickets!

Bonkers!
  • Options
    I already have 3 different sets of tickets for the paralympics.
    and I'd have preferred some tickets for some of the events where there have been multiple empty seats. despite the quotes above and other spiel here there and everywhere, there have been empty seats at events. no idea how it could have been resolved, but it shouldn't be covered up.
  • Options
    I wanna work with Suzi.
  • Options
    My Olympic dream is officially over!
  • Options
    I'm addicted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There seem to be more tickets 'almost' available tonight - by which, I mean that you can select them and find that they are not really available. Is it just me - When I search for tickets I can't stop imagining that it sends an email to a retired gentleman who has a little hunt round an untidy office and then clicks on a button to tell me that there are no tickets available.
  • Options
    Computer says no.
  • Options
    I just managed to get a single ticket for the Mens Semi Final of the Indoor Volleyball at Earls Court tomorrow. £85 but I'm delighted to be going to something.
  • Options
    Barney17 said:

I've joined to explain how I got tickets to the Closing Ceremony on Monday. I'd been trying for four days, and worked out that they add in batches every hour or so, with bigger batches first thing in the morningand evening. Each time I tried they showed as I available then I realised when they are about to add they do that first, then again once they're gone. I managed to get someone my basket several times and each time emptied and tried again. Then I had an idea not to empty my basket, and to make sure I stayed logged in and through the security check I had to refresh every minute or so but I sat there with the tickets in my basket for well over an hour and kept pressing find tickets probably more than once a minute. Then as they must have added the next batch at about 7.30pm all of a sudden they popped up, not even the queue screen. Just to try my theory I tried again today, and had more offered for the Closing Ceremony. ;)

How much?
  • Options

How much?

£150 each, I bought two as I really wanted to take my son.
  • Options

Has anyone been in the beat box or gone to the pin trading

Yep we did. Walking up it's interesting if you like music. Get to the top and you get to have your photo taken with an olympic torch, free. Then you descend into a room where there are some people doing dancing. You also get a free bottle of coke. Not bad but not all that either.

• Options

My Olympic dream is officially over!

well no one can say you didnt try sausage, gutted for ya!

• Options
    Anyone get tickets for the hockey tonight?

Worse then anything that I've seen at the valley!
  • Options
    Always the Paralympics Suzi!