Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sick day excuses

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Reminds me of the story about a bloke I used to work with, dating from a time before I joined the department. One day, he didn't turn up for work, no phone call, nothing. Probably the most conscientious bloke you could ever meet, if a bit unworldly, and would stagger in to work even when he was feeling totally rotten, so everyone was a bit worried. When he re-appeared a couple of days later, it turned out that his house had been raided by the police because his lodger - who he thought imported cheese from the Netherlands - had been bringing back large quantities of stuff that wasn't Gouda, and it had taken a little while to sort things out.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    aliwibble said:

Reminds me of the story about a bloke I used to work with, dating from a time before I joined the department. One day, he didn't turn up for work, no phone call, nothing. Probably the most conscientious bloke you could ever meet, if a bit unworldly, and would stagger in to work even when he was feeling totally rotten, so everyone was a bit worried. When he re-appeared a couple of days later, it turned out that his house had been raided by the police because his lodger - who he thought imported cheese from the Netherlands - had been bringing back large quantities of stuff that wasn't Gouda, and it had taken a little while to sort things out.

"Otherworldly" you say? "Thought it was cheese" you say?

If he was spreading that on his Jacob's cream crackers I'm not surprised he was otherworldly.
  • Options
    My fave was a colleague who rang in saying she had sprained her ankle after treading on a sausage in Ongar High Street. My gag when she came back to work was 'Don't Look Back in Ongar'
  • Options

Another bloke called in sick years ago because his hamster had died. Unbelievable.

You heartless bastard. How is he doing?
    This is genuies.