Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Pundits & presenters.

Come on then who are your favourites? For me Michael Johnson is the governor in the tv studio but loving the work by Jameson & Moorhouse in the Aquatic Ctr.

On the downside I think Gary is struggling to add anything beyond asking the same question in a different way.

Comments

• Options
    To be fair to Gary, he's been dealt with that plum Thorpe more often that anyones fair share.
  • Options
    Quite like Thrpe, he actually speaks a lot of sense.

Overall I think Auntie has done an awesome job.
  • Options
    Best are Johnson and Balding

Linekar not too clever

McEnroe is appalling
  • Options
    "Look"I hope after these games i hope never have to watch or listen to Ian Thorpe again. As for Mark Lawrenson , words fail me why the beeb still employ him. Mark Cavendish is not comfortable in front of a camera either.
  • Options

"Look"I hope after these games i hope never have to watch or listen to Ian Thorpe again. As for Mark Lawrenson , words fail me why the beeb still employ him. Mark Cavendish is not comfortable in front of a camera either.

Look Beds, he's just an Aussie (?)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Balding is a good shout too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thorpe comes across as a knowledgable polite bloke. Saying look is no big deal.

Johnson is the man and his Morgan freeman impression thursday night was quality

The little fella that does the rowing is also great.

However, nobody will beat my hero Lineker

Nobody really done my head in altho Denise Lewis need to speak up for 'all women athletes' is wearing thin
  • Options
    Think John Inverdale is a great commentator
  • Options

Hmmm.

When he was on a few minutes ago my missus said, "Who's that prat?"

• Options
    Thorpe and Balding have been great. I'm not gay,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Hmmm.

When he was on a few minutes ago my missus said, "Who's that prat?"

I agree with your Missus. cant stand him . Inverdale is such a pompous presenter , especially when he is talking about sports like rowing and horse Jumping ( not even a sport in my eyes). Jolly Hockey Sticks
  • Options

Thorpe and Balding have been great. I'm not gay,

What do you think of Colin Jackson?
  • Options
    Jameson and Moorhouse are brilliant, I like Cavendish think his very honest and knowlegdable.
  • Options
    Mark Foster talks a lot of sense. He and Clare Balding have a great rapport.
  • Options

Was thinking the very same. Very BBC
  • Options

Thorpe comes across as a knowledgable polite bloke. Saying look is no big deal.

Johnson is the man and his Morgan freeman impression thursday night was quality

The little fella that does the rowing is also great.

However, nobody will beat my hero Lineker

Nobody really done my head in altho Denise Lewis need to speak up for 'all women athletes' is wearing thin

I agree with 80% of that, Denise Lewis is a Goddess and as such beyond criticism.
  • Options
    Phil asks some pretty crap questions when interviewing the athletes
  • Options
    Denise Lewis can say whatever she wants - in fact she should have her own channel. The word 'Goddess' doesn't do her justice!

I have enjoyed the BBC coverage a great deal, the only bum note has been Cavendish (he may be a great athlete, but he is not a pundit). Balding, Moorhouse and Johnson stand out, though.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Phil asks some pretty crap questions when interviewing the athletes

Remember he took over that slot from Sally Gunnell who was only ever capable of asking one question "Owdchupheel?" in a starined estaurine to athletes who are gulping for oxygen.

Michael Johnson - the Michael Holding of athletics, nuff said.

I'm glad the rowing is over, I'm not sure much more I could take of Garry Herbert and Dan Topolski ranting and shrieking over every final like over-excited schoolgirls.

• Options
    Can't stand Balding, find her too pretentious. Cav is not comfortable in front of the camera, but the cycling commentators have been great. Still love looking at Denise Lewis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Johnson
  • Options
    Johnson is God as far as I'm concerned. Loved him as an athlete, love him as a commentator. That 'face of the Olympics' bit from the other night was the best vignette I've ever seen for a sporting event.

Think Balding and Foster have been superb wiyh the swimming. Clare Balding is great and Foster (and Thorpe when he's been with them) have been very likeable.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Sir Steve yet. Every time that muppet Inverdale was talking to him I wanted Redgrave to iron him out - that man is a sporting legend, you should NEVER make it look like you're not interested in what he's saying. His interviews, comments and insights have been superb.
  • Options
    Despise Balding
  • Options
    Johnson is a G.
  • Options
    JT said:

Johnson is a G.

He has a epic voice, sounds a bit like Morgan Freeman

• Options
    The fella who presents the cycling will always be a kids tv presenter.Dont rate him.
  • Options
    Just shows how hard it is for them to satisfy everyone all the time. I like Lewis and Balding. Watching Savage and Hansen try and speak about anything but football is painful.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    just seen Lyn Davies the 1964 Olympic long jump champion being interviewed.

I caught chicken pox that year so missed school and saw all that they showed on the TV. I passed it on to my late Dad so he watched it with me. Happy times.

Lyn must be in his mid 70s now but looks in very good nick.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I caught chicken pox that year so missed school and saw all that they showed on the TV. I passed it on to my late Dad so he watched it with me. Happy times.

He's 70 - 3 years younger than Mary Peters (who was also on the BBC1 show), even though she won her gold medal 8 years later.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I got chicken pox from my son and was off work for the whole of France 98 just after the Sunderland play off. So happy to be ill and infectious.