Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Pundits & presenters.

Comments

• Options
    John Inverdale and Sir Steve Redgrave have been pretty good with the rowing I think.
  • Options
    Oh Virginia Wade and Andrew Castle, offer no fucking insight whatsoever just constantly spout shitty one liners like 'Too good!' 'Made it!' and 'Well how about that?!'

McInroe and Becker at Wimbledon are much better, they actually tell you why it was a great shot or what they are doing wrong etc. etc.
  • Options
    Andrew Castle has done my head in - "oh dear now its Laura's turn to serve" as if she was crap. Then in the summary he said "And even Laura served well" Now I understand she may not be as good as murray, but it was as if he felt she was absolutely useless. Which can't be true!

I like McInroe, Foster, Balding & Johnson, oh and the geordie fella - fraser?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Cram is another one I always enjoy listening to but we could do with less of Helen Skelton though.
  • Options
    No mentions for Robbie Savage and Lawro?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Award for most useless pratt goes to Brendan Foser (I leave the "t" out deliberately as he seems incapable of pronouncing one!)
    I lost count last night of the number of times he used the phrase "Mo Farrah's training partner" to describe Galen Rupp - like that was the bloke's sole purpose in life.
    Scary to think he was Managing Director, Europe for Nike.
  • Options
    I love Michael Johnson - just watched him, Jackson and Lewis on the Farah race, he was like an adopted Brit. Great Athlete and knows what he is talking about. I also think he genuinely wants the Brits to do well, as did Thorpe in the swimming.
  • Options
    Garry Herbert has been fabulous for the rowing.....has made a fundamentally boring TV spectacle come to life.
  • Options

Garry Herbert has been fabulous for the rowing.....has made a fundamentally boring TV spectacle come to life.

I found him a bit annoying, he always shrieks like a girl in the same way. For 1/2 races I understood it, but then it got a bit stupid and repetitive.
  • Options

No mentions for Robbie Savage and Lawro?

See above regarding camp lawrenson .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really can't stand Claire balding. He gets on my nerves...........................
  • Options
    Michael may also have been supporting the American bloke who ran an excellent silver medal race.
    And why not?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Award for most useless pratt goes to Brendan Foser (I leave the "t" out deliberately as he seems incapable of pronouncing one!)
    I lost count last night of the number of times he used the phrase "Mo Farrah's training partner" to describe Galen Rupp - like that was the bloke's sole purpose in life.

Agreed he is an irritating geordie twat!
  • Options
    Lineker worst of the lot - flat, downbeat and unenthusiastic. Usually find him bland and inoffensive, but he's annoyed me throughout the Olympics. I just gaze at DL with the sound down, so all not lost.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    IdleHans said:

Lineker worst of the lot - flat, downbeat and unenthusiastic. Usually find him bland and inoffensive, but he's annoyed me throughout the Olympics. I just gaze at DL with the sound down, so all not lost.

I would say he has come across as someone that doesn't know a lot about the events, so has asked the simple questions and left the opinions to the pros and experts. Perfect example was his interview with the guy who won shooting gold. That's how the main presenter should be imo.
  • Options

The fella who presents the cycling will always be a kids tv presenter.Dont rate him.

I think Matt Baker however has made a very good transition.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

When He was commentating on the marathon earlier my missus turned to me and said, "Who's this fella - he sounds pissed"!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

cafcfan said:

When He was commentating on the marathon earlier my missus turned to me and said, "Who's this fella - he sounds pissed"!
    Probably was! Always sounds as if it's a real struggle to speak properly and for a commentator I would think it quite beneficial for people to understand what you are saying :-)
  • Options
    I think Gary Lineker is ok. But if he says congradulations again ............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Gary Lineker is ok. But if he says congradulations again ............

What's he supposed to say - "Bigupyerself"?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Congratulations ! Not congradulations DJ stylee !
  • Options

Congratulations ! Not congraDulations DJ stylee !

Ahh, gotcha!

Well, he is from Leicester.
  • Options
    haha, ben ainslie (who Gary Linekar called Aislie as he was reading off his auto cue) just responded to Gary asking him he's going to go to rio in 2016, by asking him if he'll still be presenting motd still then! I like him.
  • Options
    Lineker just put on twitter that he just interviewed ainslie without hearing a single word he said
  • Options
    he laughed after a short pause though....
  • Options

haha, ben ainslie (who Gary Linekar called Aislie as he was reading off his auto cue) just responded to Gary asking him he's going to go to rio in 2016, by asking him if he'll still be presenting motd still then! I like him.

I popped round my mum and dad's earlier and was telling them how Ainslie had got a gold. My mum looked shocked and said, "Who, Ainsley Harriott?"

I just said, "Yeah, in the three minute jerk chicken stir-fry category".
  • Options
    OK here we go
    Inverdale I like and warmed to him even more aftre he became genuinely upset after the Hunter/Purchase race
    Steve Redgrave: Absolute legend very knowledgeable, no crap and all the rowers love him a real man of his sport
    Michael Johnson: Top man and same as Redgrave enough said
    Denise Lewis: No idea too busy dribbling what a woman!
    John McEnroe: looks and sounds like he has been tazered
    Colin Jackson: Exciteable like a schoolgirl I want to punch him
    Gary Linekar: out of his depth introduced Max Whitlock as Max Hastings!...what a nob
    Claire Balding: Actually chatted to her at The Open a couple of weeks ago and she is a really lovely lady and a good presenter to boot
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    That bloke down in Weymouth...he even embarrassed Ainsley when interviewing him. Rachel Burden on R5 Live is pretty annoying as well.....generally though the Beeb have done an excellent job.
  • Options
    Boxing presenters have been superb - incredible insight on every fighter -

Cavendish - fish out of water
    Jackson - prefer johnny

Problem is the bbc bring in ex athletes who only know about there discipline - and want they read -