Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Pundits & presenters.

124»

Comments

• Options

Saw that PL54 all I thought was "What is Akabusi like when he's having a shag?" never seen anyone so exciteable you must be able to hear him in the next county

On again now - seems to have calmed down a bit

• Options
    PL54 said:

Saw that PL54 all I thought was "What is Akabusi like when he's having a shag?" never seen anyone so exciteable you must be able to hear him in the next county

On again now - seems to have calmed down a bit

Cream & gravy.
  • Options
    Steve Bunce on the wireless is pretty good, loves his sport. I have also admired the bloke who has to interview all the athletes just after their events, win or lose...an almost impossible job to get right, but pretty decent I reckon.
  • Options
    Am at this moment watching the women's pole vaulting (ch.464) with absolutely no commentary or punditry on it at all, just the crowd and the stadium background noise: it's great.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Steve Bunce on the wireless is pretty good, loves his sport. I have also admired the bloke who has to interview all the athletes just after their events, win or lose...an almost impossible job to get right, but pretty decent I reckon.

That's Phil Jones - as far as I know he's a professional reporter/broadcaster rather than ex-athlete/sportsman.
  • Options

In general, the standard has been brilliant.

The only ones not to come up to the mark for me has been Cavendish (just not his thing), Brendan Foster, and though i like Colin Jackson, he is just too wet and not strong enough with his opinions. Steve Cram balances commentary with honest opinion expertly. Loved watching the behind the scenes clips though.

Of the presenters, only Inverdale hasn't done it for me. Just find him a bit too cosy and self-servicing.

"Self-Servicing" - are you calling him a w---er?!!!
  • Options
    I live in hope that the bloke who sticks a microphone into the athlete's face immediately after they've just got beat and asks them how they are feeling gets a smack before it all ends.
  • Options
    lizzie from the fl show on bbc now for the riding!!
  • Options
    Someone who doesn't seem to have got a mention: Hugh Porter on the cycling (with Chris Boardman). Every time Porter commentated we seemed to get a gold medal. Not bad for a 72 year old. Also, Mark Chapman on Radio 5 has been very good.
  • Options
    never used to like Clare Balding but I think she's a top presenter now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else see Inverdale eyeing Denise's arse wobbling up and down when Mo was running down the final straight? Classic!
  • Options
    Tonight Steve Cram really did the business. Brilliant commentary on the 5k and also very good on the 100m relay. Never thought of him as a commentator. Seems a nice bloke too.
  • Options
    all in all i think theyve done a great job, apart from gary, who to be honest has been shown up by all these other knowledgable presenters. actually the whole motd team and football commentators have been shown up, itll be very depressing going back to listening to mark bloody lawrenson week in week out. and sue barker just winds me right up, cant explain it though!
  • Options
    Bolder fella if i was Inverdale i would have pulled her on me lap turned the lights out and told her iv just found the baton that the GB team dropped.
  • Options
    Bolder fella if i was Inverdale i would have pulled her on me lap turned the lights out and told her iv just found the baton that the GB team dropped.
    Lol, you certainly get the impression she would.put.some energy into it !
  • Options
    I think throughout the olympics the views/insights from anyone, even if they aren't "experts" in the field in question helps cos they'll know more than I will on most of these sports anyway
    Where as footy I like to think(well I know) I have as much as a clue as most of them if not more :-) so their opinions are not so much required
    My favourite like many others is Michael Johnson he seems well clued up

John Inverdale fancies himself a bit, a few years back he asked my wifes aunt out for a drink with his wife and family all tucked up safely at home !
  • Options
    This fella doing the boxing is doing my head in. Every round he just reads out the same old shit that he's obviously got written down.

If he says "coming from the Excel Arena in London's Docklands" one more time ............!
  • Options
    Prefer the Irish fella.
  • Options
    Mike said:

bbc three its only bloody manish!!

And he hasn't mentioned Charlton once . Typical !
  • Options
    What struck me was the high regard in which Steve Redgrave is held by all the rowers. The way he was talking quietly with winners and especially losers really shows what an inspirational guy he is. On occasion Inverdale looked uncomfortable - like a spare part.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am I the only one seeing Gabby Logan in a different light? Don't care about her presentation skills but I thought on the late show she was hot!
  • Options

I am I the only one seeing Gabby Logan in a different light? Don't care about her presentation skills but I thought on the late show she was hot!

Agreed & I'm not usually a fan.

• Options
    I liked Leon Taylor's commentary of the diving.