Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller linked (ed. signed)

Comments

• Options
    Very happy with this signing. If he is fit and stays fit I reckon he could have the same impact Roberts had on Reading. He clearly has skill and he is a great option for SCP to have. I just can't wait to see him play.
  • Options
    Exciting signing, just concerned he might be somewhat past it. As dropping down a league would suggest.
    We'l see. Cant go wrong with another option. Cook looked sharp when he came on up there mind
  • Options
    Pleased.

Can someone explain to me how being skint and releasing Hayes to free up some funds has allowed us to sign somebody on considerably more wages?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I seem to remember a million quid being involved somewhere with us and fuller, also if he is on 5.5k a week he must on some serious bonus wedge for goals and or promotion perhaps?
  • Options
    Great addition to the squad on paper. Looking forward to see what he contributes because he is an exciting player.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Was Fuller presented to the crowd at ht?

Can't help feeling he's past his best and we'll only see him in a cafc shirt a handful of times.
    But hoping to be proved wrong plus Powell knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    Blimey, in all my years following Charlton, I don't think I can remember us signing a player that has had that sort of response from the team he is leaving. It's usually 'he's shit', 'glad he's gone' etc.

Just hope we get the best out of him. It certainly had an effect on BWP last night, he had a great game, never seen him run the channels so well. He actually came off knackered!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Was Fuller presented to the crowd at ht?

Yes.

• Options
    Wow, what a response from the Stoke fans. Hope we can get him fit in time for Palace.
  • Options
    strengthens the squad and will push to start-all good.

Baldock has signed for Bristol C.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

strengthens the squad and will push to start-all good.

Baldock has signed for Bristol C.

We couldn't afford Baldy , glad that sags is over personally, done my head in!

• Options
    Well either this is the biggest wind up of all time by a bunch of Stoke fans or we have grabbed ourselves a gem! I think the latter as I have seen Fuller a few times and was greatly impressed. Hope we can get him fit and keep him that way as he will be a real asset to us especially when the going gets tougher as it surely will at some stage.
  • Options
  • Options

Pleased.

Can someone explain to me how being skint and releasing Hayes to free up some funds has allowed us to sign somebody on considerably more wages?

well, if there was 2k pw left in the wages pot and Fuller wanted 6k pw then Hayes leaving adds 4.5k pw to the pot, inceasing the pot to 6.5k pw so covering Fullers 6k pw. Simples.

• Options
    Kind words from some proper fans. I generally believe that a measured average of how a player's former clubs' fans rate him is the best barometer. I recall being assured by Everton fans that Bent was a mutt a Charlton supporters just claiming it was bitterness. This guy seems to be universally cherished by his supporters. Not so worried about his age, his stint with us, Hearts, Pompey and Palace were not an indication of what he went on to do develop into Stoke. Great business.
  • Options
    they proper love him dont they!

cheers for the info though stoke fans. If anyone can get the best out of a player its gonna be SCP.

look at Morrison & Yann. Not wanted at Leicester not long ago and now doing the business for us against them.

good signing.
  • Options
    didn't realise stoke fans loved him so much. Up until I read their posts about him I didn't really know how to feel about us signing him. Now though i'm feeling a whole lot better about it and can't wait to he him play.
  • Options
    Wow, I think the nail was hit on the head, we've signed Stoke's SCP!

Nice guy, seemed genuinely pleased to be with us, took some friendly stick about his cap from the lower west.

From what the Stokies are saying I think we have a real gem.
  • Options
    what's the song Stoke sign about him then?
  • Options
    Iza grrreeat tame to be a Jameercan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    v happy with this signing, have 4 strikers who all offer something a little different and pleased if any of them are playing.

cant believe how much praise there is here from stokies, now cant wait for that first bit of Fuller magic
  • Options
    Come on, this is an awesome signing!

I believe we fought of Boro amongst other champ. clubs to sign him.

SCP he signs who he wannnts!
  • Options
    Great signing, cant wait to see him play ! was pretty gutted when he didnt sign up first time round
  • Options
    Think curbs had him on trial twice, but although RF was fit too play he would not pass a medical?
  • Options
    I always thought he would end up playing for us at some point, when we were in the 1st div, i thought we had missed our chance.

I remember when he first came, he looked a beast it was always a shame after all the rehab we couldn't get a deal done.

I wonder if he felt the same and coming to us was some sort of payback for that time.
  • Options
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/columns/Abbott-Jan-31

talks about the first time we tried to get him and failed a medical
  • Options
    I had to break it to NLA that I saw Fuller in a Stoke shirt last week, he wasn't happy.
  • Options
    WOW !!! I'm seriously impressed with the man love shown on here by the Stoke fans ! RF sounds a brilliant acquisition so well done all concerned in gaining his signature.

We all know that SCP will get the best out of him and I'm looking forward to seeing him play before too long.

Welcome, Ricardo and all power to you Stokies for the season ahead.
  • Options
    Having read what all the Stokies have said I am genuinely excited about this player, I don't remember any other player that we have signed that has generated such kind words and visits from other fans!
    After last nights game and Rics sig maybe we have finally climbed out of the bucket of crap that we have been festering in for the last few years!
    Today is a great day to be a Charlton fan.

COYRs
  • Options
    This is a very big signing. Keep in mind that Ricardo Fuller has been in the Premiership for a number of years now and might have even stood a chance getting a contract with one of the smaller teams in that league.

He's also the most high profile player we've had in the squad in a few years I would have thought.