Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller linked (ed. signed)

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely confused by this signing. No doubt about his ability if we can get him (and keep him) fit and I totally get why he's an exciting signing. What he also is though is so far away from a CP type signing to completely mess with my head! 'Wrong' age, nothing to prove, plays in only one position, relatively high profile and presumably not cheap.

Not being negative at all btw just one that I would not have put any money on a week or two ago.
  • Options
    I'd see him as a Jason Roberts type of signing that Reading had last year.
  • Options
    Well if anyone can get him fighting fit it's our staff.
    Cheers for all the info/love Stokies, good luck for your season. Maybe we'll be seeing you sooner than anyone thought!
    Welcom to Ricky, now we have two beasts in red up front.
  • Options
    And i will say it a gain

K**t

• Options
    Not fuller but mr plaaayer
  • Options
    Little bit of devils advocate here, but has Powell commented on this signing yet?
  • Options

Little bit of devils advocate here, but has Powell commented on this signing yet?

I saw Sky last night and SCP said he was a Premiership quality player.
  • Options

Yes, he's said that it's a signing that's a real statement of intent. He sounded really happy.
  • Options
    Fair enough. It wasn't in the post match I read and I haven't seen the Sky interview.
  • Options
    I am very excited by this, no quarms about his fitness as bwp failed a medical at reading days before joining us and he's missed 1 game to injury ( i can re call anyway) gives both yann and bwp compeition very pleased welcome ricardo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im excited too. always rated fuller and enjoyed watching him play. probably wont see him starting a game for a while (not sure he had a decent pre season), but i cant wait.

what a way to celebrate my birthday, signing fuller, 3 points against one of the favourites for promotion, 3rd in the table. a very proud addick indeed : )
  • Options
    @LBlock - It was my birthday too! Happy Birthday for yesterday
  • Options
    He says he's been chasing him a while, yet didn't know he was available the other day.

Is itmthat he wanted baldock and went for fuller as he was cheaper, hemce why he only just found out, or has he really wanted him all along and been chasing him a while?
  • Options
    C'mon, CP knew he was available, you only have to look at the released players list to know that. CP is right to keep his cards close to his chest when asked about players.
  • Options
    He knew all about him and I reckon when he was asked last week his eyes lit as he thought to himself 'Ha they think they've rumbled me, well I'll turn the tables on them'
  • Options

what's the song Stoke sign about him then?

According to one of the stoke forums it's:

He wears the red and white with pride, FULLER , FULLER
    He takes defenders in his stride, FULLER, FULLER

He came to stoke, he wated more
    he gets the ball, he's bound to score,

RICARDO FULLER CITY'S NUMBER TEN !

• Options
    @RicardoFuller10

Overwhelmed with all the support since joining charlton... I am looking forward to a new chapter at a great club

• Options
    Sage said:

thanks Sage

• Options
    L Block said:

Sage said:

thanks Sage

Welcome mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Short term i think this is a much better signing than Baldock if Fuller stays fit. The guy is a beast when he is on form.
  • Options

He says he's been chasing him a while, yet didn't know he was available the other day.

Is itmthat he wanted baldock and went for fuller as he was cheaper, hemce why he only just found out, or has he really wanted him all along and been chasing him a while?

What did you think he'd say? "He's my number one target so can lots of other clubs come and offer him more money please!"
  • Options

Genuinely confused by this signing. No doubt about his ability if we can get him (and keep him) fit and I totally get why he's an exciting signing. What he also is though is so far away from a CP type signing to completely mess with my head! 'Wrong' age, nothing to prove, plays in only one position, relatively high profile and presumably not cheap.

Not being negative at all btw just one that I would not have put any money on a week or two ago.

He looks a bit pudge...
  • Options
    Can't see why all the negatives regarding his age? 32 isn't old in football these days. Back in the 70/80's when players spent all their free time in pubs, yes, it was old. But todays footballers (the majority at least) know that to keep earning, they need to look after their body. A year (with a 1 yr option) seems like a very good deal for us.

• Options

@RicardoFuller10

Overwhelmed with all the support since joining charlton... I am looking forward to a new chapter at a great club

Thats not him. Isn't on twitter.
  • Options
    Do we know just how fit RF is ? Has he done a pre season or is he a month off being available ?
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

@RicardoFuller10

Official Charlton Twitter shouldn't be retweeting it then.
  • Options

Do we know just how fit RF is ? Has he done a pre season or is he a month off being available ?

I think "not very" is the answer. Heard that he hasn't had much of a pre-season.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I think "not very" is the answer. Heard that he hasn't had much of a pre-season.
    Then he's a good five or six weeks away. Pity I was hoping he'd be shredding Palace.
  • Options

charltonJ said:

@RicardoFuller10

Official Charlton Twitter shouldn't be retweeting it then.
    agreed