Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller linked (ed. signed)

Comments

• Options
    I think your just worried about losing new found fame imho
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    I had fuller autograph a programme for me yonks back when he was with us last time. (am i allowed to say that?)
  • Options
    Ric is by far the most exiting player I have seen in a stoke shirt for 30 yrs. I just want you to know that! It isn't what he does (although at times it's truly unbelievable) but the way he makes you feel when he gets the ball!..literally anything can happen and probably will. Exiting, frustrating, exhilarating the lot. Never ever boring.
    Perhaps doesn't score enough goals...but forgive him that for everything else he brings. Maybe past his best..but i would rather have kept him..Stoke, quite simply were a better team when he played. He gave us that silver lining that if we're down in a game we weren't out of it. I am now a Charlton fan 2nd. Hopefully in the championship he will do the business for you! Good luck Ric many many thanks for the past 6 yrs.
  • Options

Ric is by far the most exiting player I have seen in a stoke shirt for 30 yrs. I just want you to know that! It isn't what he does (although at times it's truly unbelievable) but the way he makes you feel when he gets the ball!..literally anything can happen and probably will. Exiting, frustrating, exhilarating the lot. Never ever boring.
    Perhaps doesn't score enough goals...but forgive him that for everything else he brings. Maybe past his best..but i would rather have kept him..Stoke, quite simply were a better team when he played. He gave us that silver lining that if we're down in a game we weren't out of it. I am now a Charlton fan 2nd. Hopefully in the championship he will do the business for you! Good luck Ric many many thanks for the past 6 yrs.

Sounds brilliant, thanks for the info
  • Options
    Very disappointing that we didn't have the money for Baldock. Let's see if Fuller still has anything left to offer once he gets fit.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Very disappointing that we didn't have the money for Baldock. Let's see if Fuller still has anything left to offer once he gets fit.

Fuller is twice the player of Baldock.
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

Fuller is twice the player of Baldock.
    In his prime, yes undoubtably. At 32, however, and without a pre-season behind him it may take some time for him to get match fit.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2012
    http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=197431

Stokies even up for a bus to one of our games to sing the Fuller song
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    If he was why would stoke not sign him or any other prem club? Anyway let's hope he does well and gives us a bit of muscle up front will be interesting to see how he fits in to the jigsaw, i guess as a sub for kermo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to echo what the other Stoke fan said... you've got an absolute diamond.

You could write a 10,000-word essay on what an impact he's had on the fortunes of Stoke City in the past 5-6 years. Players like him, at the level we're at, come along once in a generation. Super-talented and bucketfuls of charisma.

He may not quite have the legs anymore, but I'm sure you'll love him. Still amazes me that the awe he's held in by Stoke fans was never picked up on a national level.
  • Options
    He's getting on a bit but we should be able to squeeze another good year out of him and if so then this could be the signing that turns us from a top ten / twelve finish into certainties for the play-offs, even second place. In this league he should be a 25 goal a season player and one of the top scorers in the league. He really is that good. Anyone who thinks that he is a 'big lump', really needs their head examined.
    There is just a slight concern in my mind that he could turn into another Hasselbank signing but I really think that Chris Powell won't allow this to happen.

• Options
    Just to echo what the other Stoke fan said... you've got an absolute diamond.

You could write a 10,000-word essay on what an impact he's had on the fortunes of Stoke City in the past 5-6 years. Players like him, at the level we're at, come along once in a generation. Super-talented and bucketfuls of charisma.

He may not quite have the legs anymore, but I'm sure you'll love him. Still amazes me that the awe he's held in by Stoke fans was never picked up on a national level.

Very very true...
  • Options
    If he was why would stoke not sign him or any other prem club? Anyway let's hope he does well and gives us a bit of muscle up front will be interesting to see how he fits in to the jigsaw, i guess as a sub for kermo

Good question...as I said I would have signed him.!
  • Options
    Under Chris "De Don" Powell, Fuller could be a bit special for us too.
  • Options

In this league he should be a 25 goal a season player and one of the top scorers in the league.

Blimey Jimmy nothing like setting the bar a bit too high!
  • Options
    He wears the red and white with pride Fuller Fuller,
    He takes the defenders in his stride Fuller Fuller,
    He came to Charlton he wanted more he gets the ball hes bound to score ,
    Ricardo Fuller Charltons number *insert number here*

;-)
  • Options

In this league he should be a 25 goal a season player and one of the top scorers in the league.

Blimey Jimmy nothing like setting the bar a bit too high!
    Well, I don't often stick my neck out or make predictions but let's say that I honestly believe that if he keeps injury free and plays to 80% of what he did for Stoke, he'll get us at least 20.
  • Options
    Hi folks. Another Stoke fan here who is absolutely gutted the great man has left. Every weekend will now involve me watching Stoke and keeping a very close eye on Charlton hoping he can recapture his form and fitness. If he can, you will have yourself one hell of a player for a couple of years. I've just reached 40, i'm a lifelong Stokie and he is my favourite player of all time. He can literally change any game at any moment and more often than not does it all on his own.

I've read the thread and a lot of people seem to be suggesting he's slow. He doesn't have the huge pace he had of a few years ago but he is definitely not slow. What he is though, is incredibly strong and difficult to push off the ball, has fantastic touch and control and brilliant at running the channels and holding up the ball until support arrives. I can't say i'm an expert on how Charlton play but when you're a Stoke fan and we spend 80% of the game defending and leaving Ric up on his own that's just what you need.

We are very succesful at the minute but we don't have a lot of quality players to get us excited. All that pressure was lumped on Fuller and he carried it brilliantly. He dragged us up into the Premier League and for the first 2 seasons there he was immense. Unfortunately there was an nasty achilles injury not long before the FA Cup Final. He then had a fall out with Pulis and he has never been able to force his way back in. Despite all of Fuller's brilliance, dogged determination and fight to get back in the team was always going to be difficult for him as he's too laid back.

I wish him all the success at The Valley and hope you get to see some of the outstanding talent he has shown us over the last 6 years. Amongst the huge number of hard workers, runners and man mountains he was the shining beacon of hope that made watching Stoke worthwhile as you always knew something special could happen at any time. Some of the goals he has scored are out of this world and hopefully he still got some great ones left in the tank.

All the best Ric. The painting i have on my living room wall won't be going anywhere for a very long time.

Love ya big man. Tear 'em all a new one fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DevUweeEUb4
  • Options
    Ricado oooooooooooooooo
    Ricado ooooooooooooooooo
    He is a Jamacan
    He f++kin hates the Den
    Ricado ooooooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tricky Ricky great post.

I think he will add a great deal to our squad and hopefully a real buzz of excitement when he plays. Can't wait to see him in the mighty red shirt.
  • Options
    That video has made me cry..! The west ham goal near the end is just...
  • Options
    Comparing Fuller and Baldock is completely futile, they are totally different players.

Fuller is a bullocking target-man and Baldock is a penalty box player.

You might as well compared Carl Leaburn and Bradley Allen.
  • Options
    "Bullocking target man"

I can assure you he isn't. Quite the opposite.
  • Options
    I started to support Stoke just after the Matthews era ( 58 years old).
    Season ticket holder.
    Would like to reiterate my fellow Stokies tributes to Ric.
    Please give him a bit of time to settle and you will have a gem.
    For me after Alan Hudson and Gordon Banks, the best player I have seen in a Stoke shirt.
    He could have more than held his own in the Chelsea side where he would not have to create his own chances.
    All the best Charlton - you have gained a number new fans from Staffordshire
  • Options
    Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii all you Stokies if you do come down you owe us all a big bear. If it wasnt for CAFC fixing Fullers back a decade ago he wouldnt have done the business for you.
  • Options
    A quality player without a doubt - he scored some fantastic goals just the last season gone and is a talismanic player. I just hope he can stay fit and show us some of his magic moves....

Thanks to all the Stokies for posting and giving us the lowdown, btw.
  • Options
    should say beer but if you have a bear bring him down as well.
  • Options

should say beer but if you have a bear bring him down as well.

We've got one or two ;)

• Options
    Bullocking target man..! My god man you are in for a shock...never has anyone been so wrong about anything..ever..