Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palarse

Comments

• Options
    Forza Kim Grant!
  • Options
    The Spanner was thrown by a Millwall fan at the Reading goalkeeper - Bobby Mihailovic I think. The year was I think 1996.
  • Options

The Spanner was thrown by a Millwall fan at the Reading goalkeeper - Bobby Mihailovic I think. The year was I think 1996.

Mihailovic I believe was the Bulgarian international with a syrup
  • Options
    Yep. Wiggy.
  • Options

Yep. Wiggy.

Thought so
  • Options
    Ttttwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options

Just a little thought about football rivalry, folks.
    I see and hear the words 'Despise', 'Scum' and 'Hate' mentioned in relation to supporters of our neighbouring clubs.
    Can we not accept that we, for whatever reason, support Charlton Athletic, and, meanwhile, others choose - for whatever reason - to support Crystal Palace, Millwall or whoever?
    I'm all for friendly banter, ribbing, bragging rights, etc, but is there not enough strife in the world already?
    Remember, please, that it was not the Palace fans that had us move to Selhurst Park. It was a financial decision, decided upon by the management of the time.
    Football fans have a common enemy - the commercial greed that pervades the modern game and has driven many clubs to the wall.
    I humbly suggest that we leave hatred out of it, and let the football do the talking.

. I find your insane tree hugging notions hard to stomach.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just booked tickets and hotel for me and the missus. Really excited. I can now bore her rigid with the history of the rivalry between the two teams for the next three weeks!

Bore her rigid? She's in for a good time then fella!
  • Options

I see and hear the words 'Despise', 'Scum' and 'Hate' mentioned in relation to supporters of our neighbouring clubs.
    Can we not accept that we, for whatever reason, support Charlton Athletic, and, meanwhile, others choose - for whatever reason - to support Crystal Palace, Millwall or whoever?
    I'm all for friendly banter, ribbing, bragging rights, etc, but is there not enough strife in the world already?
    Remember, please, that it was not the Palace fans that had us move to Selhurst Park. It was a financial decision, decided upon by the management of the time.
    Football fans have a common enemy - the commercial greed that pervades the modern game and has driven many clubs to the wall.
    I humbly suggest that we leave hatred out of it, and let the football do the talking.

Hear hear,well said anna.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Off_it that's terrible, but bloody funny!! hahahaha! that's really tickled me!! hahahaha!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I humbly suggest that we leave hatred out of it, and let the football do the talking. </blockquo

Am sorry palace fans are scum /animals/ Anna you was not on the train that got ambushed by 30 palace fans were the smashed up kids and anyone who supported CHARLTON i was on that train in that carrige at the time 2 of my mates took a right kicking and to make it worse the police would not allow us to the game so had to go to a pub in south bermondsey to watch the result then back to the hotel which we had booked.I spent over £250 on trains/ hotel/ match ticket /food /beer/ not to even see a football match.now you see why i have so much hatred and anger for them.atb tony

ps rant over

• Options
    edited August 2012
    That is a good reason

But the best reason is that they are stripey stupid Nigel looking scum
  • Options
    Sorry Anna, but I hate Palace
  • Options
    Anna has raised a good point really. Is it really "hate" we feel ? I doubt I hate anything or anyone yet I readily use that word to describe how I feel about Millwall. I suspect there are two hates. A general usage one which I doubt applies to any or at least many of us on here and a "football hate" which is self explanatory. I really do football hate Millwall and loath Palace so I suspect there are two loaths.........
  • Options

Anna has raised a good point really. Is it really "hate" we feel ? I doubt I hate anything or anyone yet I readily use that word to describe how I feel about Millwall. I suspect there are two hates. A general usage one which I doubt applies to any or at least many of us on here and a "football hate" which is self explanatory. I really do football hate Millwall and loath Palace so I suspect there are two loaths.........

Yes Anna has made a good point. Personally i like Despise for both of them.
  • Options
    Anna and everyone else as there own opions of how they feel the words should be used.i can honestly say i dont hate or despise millwall dont get me wrong i love it more when we beat them.but i dont run round the living room like a loony if there losing. but if palace are losing my whole street no that the scum are losing 1 nill.football a funny thing how come i love one women but worship 11 men.what ever everyoneS diffrences are we share one thing the love and passion of south london number one football club CHARLTON ATHLETIC
  • Options
    I dislike Millwall but I despise Palace , they truly make my blood boil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate in life is a too strong a word.

I dislike Palace immensely, coming very close to my love of Charlton Athletic.

It would be very interesting if for both the Palace and Millwall games we made The Valley a non-segregated ground to see what would happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    MrLargo said:

cafc_joe said:

Pathetic. I wonder if they all chipped in their pocket money to buy the scarf.

You may recall that a load of them chipped in their pocket money (nearly £1,000) to arrange for a plane to fly over The Valley displaying some form of insulting message during the last game of the season the year we went down. That's how little they care. Unfortunately the CAA wouldn't let them do it (I think due to the proximity of London City Airport).

Just reminded me of an old Millwall You Tube video following the stunt they pulled at Wigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyYp0_D6Ug
  • Options
    edited August 2012

MrLargo said:

cafc_joe said:

Pathetic. I wonder if they all chipped in their pocket money to buy the scarf.

You may recall that a load of them chipped in their pocket money (nearly £1,000) to arrange for a plane to fly over The Valley displaying some form of insulting message during the last game of the season the year we went down. That's how little they care. Unfortunately the CAA wouldn't let them do it (I think due to the proximity of London City Airport).

Just reminded me of an old Millwall You Tube video following the stunt they pulled at Wigan

• Options
    The blood curdling cafc cafc awaits the nigels and some tinny boos like the panto also....a cauldron
  • Options

It would be very interesting if for both the Palace and Millwall games we made The Valley a non-segregated ground to see what would happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, for the visit of Millwall the Valley would be full of backslapping bonhomie and jolly banter. For the the visit of Palace, no idea.
  • Options

Well, for the visit of Millwall the Valley would be full of backslapping bonhomie and jolly banter. For the the visit of Palace, no idea.
    I think Palace would receive what we would from Millwall!
  • Options

I think Palace would receive what we would from Millwall!
    I know it will be frowned apon by some but i think you're right.

• Options
    Hate is such an appropriate word for my feelings to both those clubs.

I wouldn't wish liquidation on them, but to see them both struggling in the lower regions of english football, with severe financial problems, two-thirds empty stadiums, players like Leon Clarke up front for them, would make me more than a happy man.
    But more than that, knowing the pain it would cause a Millwall/Palace fan to talk about their club, that would be the defining pinnacle of my life, almost.

To suggest that we should all unite as football fans of the world, ignore any animosity to opposing fans, let the football do the talking, come out as vegetarians etc.... is a concerning thought.

Lets make the 14th intimidating like hell for that club, and watch Jackson and co turn up the heat, and the croydon mob bottle it.

• Options
    Good shout Folev.