Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palarse

Comments

• Options

Hate is such an appropriate word for my feelings to both those clubs.

I wouldn't wish liquidation on them, but to see them both struggling in the lower regions of english football, with severe financial problems, two-thirds empty stadiums, players like Leon Clarke up front for them, would make me more than a happy man.
    But more than that, knowing the pain it would cause a Millwall/Palace fan to talk about their club, that would be the defining pinnacle of my life, almost.

To suggest that we should all unite as football fans of the world, ignore any animosity to opposing fans, let the football do the talking, come out as vegetarians etc.... is a concerning thought.

Lets make the 14th intimidating like hell for that club, and watch Jackson and co turn up the heat, and the croydon mob bottle it.

Agree with what you say there Foley, I would let Millwall suffer in the bottom divisions but would do cartwheels if palice folded
  • Options

I wouldn't wish liquidation on them, but to see them both struggling in the lower regions of english football, with severe financial problems, two-thirds empty stadiums, players like Leon Clarke up front for them, would make me more than a happy man.
    But more than that, knowing the pain it would cause a Millwall/Palace fan to talk about their club, that would be the defining pinnacle of my life, almost.

To suggest that we should all unite as football fans of the world, ignore any animosity to opposing fans, let the football do the talking, come out as vegetarians etc.... is a concerning thought.

Lets make the 14th intimidating like hell for that club, and watch Jackson and co turn up the heat, and the croydon mob bottle it.

This.

Anyone who knows enough about relations between Charlton and Palace over the last twenty-five years should be able to understand why that hate exists.
  • Options
    When I was a vegetarian I was always getting arrested. What's all this about vegetarians being soft?
  • Options

Agree with what you say there Foley, I would let Millwall suffer in the bottom divisions but would do cartwheels if palice folded
    Hate Palace, not as fussed about Millwall (mor about local bragging rights with them) but don't you think it makes the season more exciting with them in the same division as us ? The last couple of years have been excruciating pretending that Orient and Brentford are derbys.

The four games I'm looking forward too most this season are palace and Millwall.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Paddy McCarthy set to be out for next six weeks according to #cpfc boss Dougie Freedman.His groin injury has got inflamed.7
  • Options
    Anyone reckon that the coppers helmet flying about last time out will see us restricted to top tier this time ?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    don't hate palace at all really. barely remember playing at selhurst park. remember sending them down, playoffs losing in 96, dennis scoring in last seconds. never had the misfortune of being on a train when a group has attacked it or had any run in with them whatsoever. i'll enjoy the atmosphere of the local rivalry but not going to hate them because someone said i should.
  • Options
    dave85 said:

don't hate palace at all really. barely remember playing at selhurst park. remember sending them down, playoffs losing in 96, dennis scoring in last seconds. never had the misfortune of being on a train when a group has attacked it or had any run in with them whatsoever. i'll enjoy the atmosphere of the local rivalry but not going to hate them because someone said i should. they heard enough of that at nurenberg.

Agree that hate is a strong word and should not be used lightly, but who is telling you that you have to hate someone? I simply thought that people were giving opinions on how they felt!
  • Options
    dave85 said:

don't hate palace at all really. barely remember playing at selhurst park. remember sending them down, playoffs losing in 96, dennis scoring in last seconds. never had the misfortune of being on a train when a group has attacked it or had any run in with them whatsoever. i'll enjoy the atmosphere of the local rivalry but not going to hate them because someone said i should. they heard enough of that at nurenberg.

Good post until the last sentence.
  • Options
    Hatred leads to fear ,
    And fear leads to the dark side,
    And the dark side leads to Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dave85 said:

Good one
  • Options

dave85 said:

Agree that hate is a strong word and should not be used lightly, but who is telling you that you have to hate someone? I simply thought that people were giving opinions on how they felt!

its not directed at anyone in particular. its just i believe that people hate palace without any reason and jump on other peoples experiences.its only my opinion.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

dave85 said:

sorry if it caused offence just trying to make a point. it wasn't meant to be funny and i realise i probably went to far.
  • Options
    dave85 said:

se9addick said:

dave85 said:

sorry if it caused offence just trying to make a point. it wasn't meant to be funny and i realise i probably went to far.
    Thought your comment was very good and yes hate is something we should all be afraid of. Certainly nothing to apologise for as far as I am concerned.

• Options
    Certainly if it concerns

dave85 said:

se9addick said:

dave85 said:

Thought your comment was very good and yes hate is something we should all be afraid of. Certainly nothing to apologise for as far as I am concerned.

Certainly if it is aimed at the feathered ones
  • Options
    Could anyone help me and let me know how much the tickets would be for this in North Upper?
  • Options

Could anyone help me and let me know how much the tickets would be for this in North Upper?

No idea but am sure prices are listed on the website and the programme
  • Options
    Crystal Palace (h) - Friday, September 14th (7.45pm)

Tickets are on general sale for Charlton’s live-on-Sky home London derby against Crystal Palace on Friday, September 14th (7.45pm), priced £20, £22 or £25 adults, £13, £18 or £20 for U21s/over 60s, £10 for U18s and £5 U11s.

There is also new adult price of just £15 for adults in the family stand when accompanied by an U18.

Tickets are available to buy online via the members-only system only at present.

Fans can book return coach travel via the Valley Express service, fare £7. Click here for a full list of pick-up points and times.
  • Options
    Cheers Covered End, I've read that, just wondering what bracket the North Upper would fall into?
  • Options
    I'll settle for wanting to beat them and singing "who are ya?" and "you're not singing any more / over there" more than I did at, say, Yeovil.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    North Upper is the cheapest, £20 adult etc.
  • Options
    I hate them their badge makes me want to vomit their ultras make me want to piss my pants with laughter

I think hate is not a strong enough word
  • Options
    cheapest bracket i think for north upper, so £20.
  • Options

I'll settle for wanting to beat them and singing "who are ya?" and "you're not singing any more / over there" more than I did at, say, Yeovil.

Just been on their Holmesdale forum, they are calling us clowns. The only ones making people laugh at the moment is them!
  • Options
    There's a thread on their forum at the moment asking "Where would this team finish in the Prem?"

FFS, they're bottom of the Championship for starters!
  • Options
    I hope to god that someone shoves that microphone down the pitch announcers gob when the teams come out. That is "ultra" embarrasing.
    lets be fair, our lot chanting the usual bollocks, and their ultras - not much in it IMHO.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

There's a thread on their forum at the moment asking "Where would this team finish in the Prem?"

FFS, they're bottom of the Championship for starters!

We are 'clowns'. they are STUPID
  • Options
    what does he say?
  • Options
    nolly said:

what does he say?

Just been on their Holmesdale forum, they are calling us clowns. The only ones making people laugh at the moment is them!
  • Options
    Cheers for help lads.