Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palarse

Comments

• Options
    Ill be coming from charin x that night straight from work. Not looking forward to the stench of stripey nigels getting on at london bridge. Better hold your noses.
  • Options
    I'll be on the cannon st train, giving it large
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Unlike Millwall games, when was the last time there was more than a one goal margin in games between us, and how often? Very rare indeed, and I suspect it may be the same...three juicy points will do me.

We beat them 2-0 at home, which was also on a Friday night, about 3-4 years ago.

Yep, you're right...unusual scoreline though.

I also remember the cringing embarassment I felt walking up Floyd road after that game, a line of police down the middle dividing the fans, as some of our fans abused the departing Crystal Palace fans, gesturing and hissing 'scum' and the like, all very cowardly in the darkness shielded by the police line. The Crystal Palace fans were in the main innocent groups, including kids and families and the like simply trying to get away and get home, gracious we were not!
    I am a bit biased because I know and have worked with a lot of Crystal Palace fans in recent years, and those I know are really decent good people not unlike our own support. I felt ashamed during that walk up to the station.
    I suspect there are some sneering Charlton fans reading my post, thinking 'what a pussy' because they think Crystal Palace fans all deserve it for having the temerity to support their local team.
    I think Crystal Palace as a club are generally pointless, but leave their fans alone unless they do something directly to you huh? Give it large in the Valley, during the game, show them what class support is really like, but I hope we let them come and go in peace.
    Banter my arse.

This is a minority though Seth. CP have a minority of morons as well, for example the blokes that attacked the woman and children on the train at Sydenham. I know for a fact the average CP fan was disgusted by these scumbags.
  • Options
    Of course CP have scumbags too, I've met 'em, I've worked with them, I know some of them. I am not saying they are the saints, we are the sinners. I simply wish we could react appropriately according to each situation (and I include in that the appropriate singing of the sent palace down song when Fortch scored). To set out to have a go at families, and little kids from any support is embarassing.
    I know some Crystal Palace fans who are an honour to know. In fact one really lovely young woman I know waitressed for Charlton players at an event at the 02 after we got promoted, and was so smiley, sweet and friendly, and remarked how 'handsome' our lads are (!), she is a Palace season ticket holder, as are all of her family, and trust me they are good guys...simply desperately unlucky to end up supporting Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    Just signed Darcy Blake from the red dragons Cardiff
  • Options
    Never heard of her
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Just signed Darcy Nigel Blake from the red dragons Cardiff

• Options
    I'm an old fuddy duddy. Why do you call Palace Nigels and Millwall spanners? In my younger days days we had more down to earth names for them
  • Options
    If the atmosphere is a anything like last nights It will be good
  • Options
    Is it because of things found on the pitch that don't belong there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon this will be a sell out?
  • Options
    Millwall are Spanners because they come from what looks like a toolbox ie The New Den.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Reckon this will be a sell out?

no chance
  • Options

Millwall are Spanners because they come from what looks like a toolbox ie The New Den.

Wasnt there a spanner thrown on the pitch as well
  • Options
    Yes and at Sellout a chap called Nigel was found on the pitch once.

He was Stripey.
  • Options
    Nigel is such a nasal sounding name, and fits in well with their nerdy train spotting fans
  • Options
    On a scale of 1 - 10 I want to beat Palace 10
    On a scale of 1 - 10 I want to beat Millwall 100000000
  • Options
    On a scale of 1-10 I want to beat palace 1000000000000
    On a scale of 1-10 I want to beat millwall 10
  • Options
    It's a generation thing.
  • Options
    I agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One that I think I straddle. I despise both of them equally and look forward/dread the games in equal measure.
  • Options

Wasnt there a spanner thrown on the pitch as well
    A spanner was indeed thrown onto the pitch. The joke following this was that one of his mates had told him to go to the match 'tooled up'.
  • Options
    The spanner was thrown onto the pitch by millwall fans at an away game at Elm Park.
  • Options

On a scale of 1 - 10 I want to beat Palace 10
    On a scale of 1 - 10 I want to beat Millwall 100000000

That snowy night at the new den was ten times better than sending palace down in my opinion.

• Options
    Okay maybe twice as good.
  • Options
    no ten
  • Options
    10 for me too at the den.
  • Options
    For various reasons I am going to have to pick and choose carefully which matches I attend both home and away this season.

I genuinely cannot be bothered with either of the Palace games... it's so tedious now. OK they understandably after what happened hate us a bit now.. But it's still pretty one-sided and I just find it embarrassing... yes I know it's a minority view, but I don't hate them (of course I hated Noades at the time all those years ago). I just don't care.

On the other hand, the two matches against the scum... There is NO WAY I can miss them... especially away.. never been so humiliated at football in my life watching that shower roll over 0-4 to the delight of those neanderthal inbreds. Payback is definitely due... BRING IT ON.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I want to beat both teams this season (twice if possible ) and also finish above them.

I don't like Millwall but don't hate them, I hate Palace.
  • Options
    Hate Palace and what a joke club they are.

Despise Millwall and everything they stand for.