Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Palarse

Comments

• Options

And I hope we send them on their way with a rousing chorus of "We'll never play you again", bringing back great memories of that day back in 2001 at Sellout.

Sorry to be pedantic but it was 2000, and unless they go bust between now and February we'll be playing them at least once more so better save that one til then.
  • Options
    I work with a Palace fan, he is a smashing bloke (really). We have a score on who finishes higher in the Championship. Anyway he is absolutely distraught at the Nigels plight, he feels that they have no direction and are leaderless and that League 1 beckons, ring any bells fellow Addicks?
    I have showed great empathy and kindness towards him today, and have only emailed him about 10 times (so far), I think I'll have him jumping out the window by lunchtime!! MWAAAAHHH!
  • Options
    And after Fortune sent them down, I never in my worst nightmares though we'd be in a division BELOW them within a few years...
  • Options
    Think their time could be up thi season - the past few years there have been former Prem clubs in crisis (Norwich, us, Saints etc) and minnows like Doncaster and Scunthorpe to finish below them. This time round only Barnsley and possibly Peterborough appear to be likely strugglers.

Palace's strength last season was not letting in goals, which made up for not scoring many (5th best defence, 4th worst goals scored). 7 conceded in two games suggests that might not be the case this season.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

And I hope we send them on their way with a rousing chorus of "We'll never play you again", bringing back great memories of that day back in 2001 at Sellout.

Sorry to be pedantic but it was 2000, and unless they go bust between now and February we'll be playing them at least once more so better save that one til then.
    LOL! Fair point!

OK, let's save it until later in the season. Will also be more enjoyable doing it at Sellout again!

• Options
    How many tickets do we normally get allocated at Sellout?
  • Options
    Used to be 2,900, although since we last went there they have moved away fans to the other end of the Arthur Waite stand, i.e. we will no longer be right next to the terrifying Holmesdale Ultras. Says on the Internet Football Ground Guide the you get just over 2k tickets now, should think theirs sone flexibility in that though.
  • Options
    what is the 'palace sister act song?'
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I hope so. Not a ST holder (I assume this will be a priority match) but I really want to go to this one. Will be my 1st visit.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

meltdown on their forum.... booing players and manager... toxic ...

I was shocked by the despondency on holmesdale.net. Worse than on the Massive board last year :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:

I hope so. Not a ST holder (I assume this will be a priority match) but I really want to go to this one. Will be my 1st visit.

you'll have no chance of getting a ticket mate im afraid if we get given 2k
  • Options
    Mike said:

EastStand said:

you'll have no chance of getting a ticket mate im afraid if we get given 2k
    Hmm... I'll have to see if a ST holding mate can't make it I suppose. Or climb a fence...
  • Options
    Would be surprised if they didn't increase it a bit - they won't sell out and I suspect they could do with the cash.

In fact, I am certain that both Leeds and Forest have been allowed to take 6k there in the last couple of seasons, presumably increased allocation at Palace's discretion.
  • Options
    Going to Budapest on Sunday and the hostel I'm staying at is on Kiraly Street. Not happy
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Would be surprised if they didn't increase it a bit - they won't sell out and I suspect they could do with the cash.

In fact, I am certain that both Leeds and Forest have been allowed to take 6k there in the last couple of seasons, presumably increased allocation at Palace's discretion.

And the Police will have a say in it as well.
  • Options
    Will be back in the navy for this one, hopefully will be able to pay off some of my oppos to do my ironing and washing so i can catch this one in the bar!
  • Options
    It's a shame we aren't playing them this weekend.
    Would of given them a right beating!
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

meltdown on their forum.... booing players and manager... toxic ...

This brings a very big smile to my face.
  • Options
    Leeds took 4,000 there in January.
  • Options
    Holmesdale.net is a cracking read at the moment - there's a fair few on there calling for the return of Dowie, would utterly love to see that!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please, please, PLEASE can this continue until we play them at The Valley.

Something special like a 5-0 thrashing could be on the cards if that is to be the case. There's no doubt in my mind that our players will be more up for this than theirs' and we will subsequently rip them to shreds.
  • Options
    i cant go to this. im absolutely gutted. least its on Sky i suppose.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You want colourful?

How about some nice claret ?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    All this talk of thrashing them is making me feel very uneasy. It's the sort of thing that jumps up and bites you on the arse. Hope I'm wrong !!
  • Options
    I think you are wrong and we will definitely thrash them - although what we say on here will have no bearing on the result.
  • Options

All this talk of thrashing them is making me feel very uneasy. It's the sort of thing that jumps up and bites you on the arse. Hope I'm wrong !!

Exactly my thoughts, BOC. We will not thrash them. I'll take a 1-0, as I always would against Nigel.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Holmesdale.net is a cracking read at the moment - there's a fair few on there calling for the return of Dowie, would utterly love to see that!

Dowie in charge would really ramp up the atmosphere!
  • Options
    One of the main reasons I'm doing so many aways is so I can get priority for this game
  • Options

One of the main reasons I'm doing so many aways is so I can get priority for this game

Er, it's at home.
  • Options

Going to Budapest on Sunday and the hostel I'm staying at is on Kiraly Street. Not happy

Could be worse mate............you could've been in Jordan getting an orange tan......................