Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JJ on the wing

Comments

• Options
    What's the obsession about pace all about? There are many attributes that go towards making a good player.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Are we going to have this after every match? Seriously?

I'm just expressing my views and i love jj to bits but he has been out of form recently and it could come back and bite us !
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So what if we do mate! Dont open the thread, FFS!
    I agree with Ad and Dingdong . Jacko was a yard off for most of the game today!
  • Options
    Our options are limited ... JJ and Wiggy have a great understanding and Jj can deliver a great ball as well as sniff a goal ... Is cook a better option, Powell doesn't think so .... He will even trust a knackered JJ and with 5 points on the board from 3 tough games he's been proved right so far ... Full week off chance to get a rest ...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Has been said that the Championship might prove just a bit too fast for JJ. I'm not sure but he was very off the pace today.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I wasn't there today, so can't comment on his performance. But i agree that he does, up to this very early stage, seem to be on the fringes of our games so far. He needs to step up.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Off_it said:

Why not just stick it on the match thread rather than dragging up the same old shit week in week out. And I'm not your "mate", "FFS".
  • Options
    Love JJ but I am concerned he might become a passenger this season. First half today he was playing in the centre and up front at times while Hollands covered him on the left.
  • Options
    Love JJ but like others i thought he was really blowing from the hour mark on.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Greenie said:

Off_it said:

Why not just stick it on the match thread rather than dragging up the same old shit week in week out. And I'm not your "mate", "FFS".
    Someone touched a nerve ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah, fed up with wanky Charlton "fans" making wanky comments. Funny that.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Wanky charlton fans ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Greenie said:

Off_it said:

Because mate its a thread about JJ. BTW the Match has finished!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well Off_It is a bellend.

Can't stand people who always think they're right.

You're no better than ANYONE who posts here, so please don't think you are.
  • Options
    Off_it, it's a discussion forum fella. Plenty of people thought JJ should have been subbed today as he looked knackered. Don't get why it's becoming increasingly evident on this forum that anything that borders on slight criticism of a player is met with abuse rather than debate.
    Can't we all get along! Live, love, laugh and be happy!
  • Options
    Lemons
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Takes one to know one, enuff said...
  • Options
    JJ was good in the air today but didn't have much in the ground. Seemed a little confused by the interchanging with Hollands and I felt he often wasn't sure where he should be. It happens though, I wouldn't start counting him out just yet
  • Options
    Not his best game I agree but can't believe some of this. Do people really believe he should't be playing? People don't always appreciate what he does. Remember last year we always looked a much better side when he was playing - even if he didn't appear to be doing too much.
  • Options
    Think off_it needs an early night tonight... Come back tomorrow when you're in a better mood sunshine :)

Anyways I do feel jackson looks way off pace, he does have great set piece ability but brings very little to the table after that.. Would powell drop his skipper? If that was someone like waggy who played like today instead of jackson he would find himself on the bench next week. 100% guranteed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it's a case of dropping JJ at all but he should be subbed when he's starting to blow.
  • Options
    I trust Powell on this ... The bloke who's got us the points off some of the most fancied teams in the division ...
  • Options
    Hi Redman agree with your comments but he has been lucky so far this season. 3 times on tuesday he gave the ball away and thankfully the forwards failed to capiitalise on him errors. Today he seemed a mile off the pace need to signed Wadsworth that would help him out.
  • Options
    Lol offit
  • Options
    Off_it said:

hypocrite?
  • Options
    Going back to the thread title, perhaps on the wing is no longer the best position to play JJ. He hardly ever appeared there today anyway, seemed to be somewhere in the middle of the pitch and this left Wiggins to provide the entire attacking impetus down the left side on his own... in addition to defending. JJ is of course an integral member of the team and the squad but he is not above questioning on occassion.
  • Options

Off_it said:

hypocrite?
    Not really. Disagreeing with tactics, formation, etc is all fine. Being disappointed with a performance or a result is all fine. Giving a view that a player didn't play well is fine.

Suggesting that the manager "bottled" anything, when we're three games in, undefeated and on the back of last year is disrespectful, idiotic and downright wanky in my book.

Not really bothered if people agree or disagree - it's just my view.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

hypocrite?
    Not really. Disagreeing with tactics, formation, etc is all fine. Being disappointed with a performance or a result is all fine. Giving a view that a player didn't play well is fine.

Suggesting that the manager "bottled" anything, when we're three games in, undefeated and on the back of last year is disrespectful, idiotic and downright wanky in my book.

I'm pretty sure thats what someone was doing when you started on this thread - having a view on JJ. So why start being a dick if people are entitled to their opinion.
  • Options
    JJ was much better today
    I'm off for a wank !!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

hypocrite?

Changed your tune a bit .