Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llera

Comments

• Options
    As shite as he was... Don't think I can ever remember (or at least recently) celebrating as much as I did when he buried that beauty of an equaliser; Swindon in the last minute.
  • Options
    Cort is a bit slow on his feet but is a good reader of the game and if you put the right players around him, he becomes twice the player. Llera is a player we will all clap when he comes to the Valley. We know he gave his all for us. I think he was the reason we lost out in the play off semi final against Swindon a few years back. You have a higher risk factor when he is in the team. He is a bit slow and is let down because he doesn't always read the game like Cort. He has qualities though, and Wednesday have certainly seen them but this level is above him. I don't have any pleasure in saying that as I like the player. If he had a bit of pace, he could compensate for the weakness in his game and be a top top defender.
  • Options
    He was the reason we lost the play-off? It was Bailey that not only missed his penalty but chose the wrong pass leading to Swindon's goal.
  • Options
    He was badly at fault for one of their goals IMO. Yes Bailey didn't cover himself in glory either.
  • Options
    Scoham

You are two million percent correct
  • Options
    Really don't get this digging at Mig. Was never great but gave his all for our shirt and seems that he does the same for his present club too. Wednesday fans love him and apart from when he plays against us I wish him well. Been far worse players to pull on our jersey both in terms of ability and attitude.
  • Options

Really don't get this digging at Mig. Was never great but gave his all for our shirt and seems that he does the same for his present club too. Wednesday fans love him and apart from when he plays against us I wish him well. Been far worse players to pull on our jersey both in terms of ability and attitude.

Agreed. Any player who gives his all, despite limitations, is OK by me. He's just an easy target because he has a rather ungainly style and his errors were just much more obvious. But he's still got luvverly legs ;-)
  • Options
    Always though he should play up front. That was a text book finish by him.
    Won me my bet, so well done helmet boy
  • Options
    He's getting a dig because he came out last season and said something along the lines of how lucky Charlton are to be top, how much of a better team Wednesday are and how he can't wait for them to beat us
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

He's getting a dig because he came out last season and said something along the lines of how lucky Charlton are to be top, how much of a better team Wednesday are and how he can't wait for them to beat us

Yeah, apparently we had 100+ points of luck.

Has anyone got a link to this goal online? Sounds like a right cracker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People seem to forget what he came out with last season to the local Sheffield press. That's what turned him from being a useless donkey into somebody I dislike.

Colchester United away truly was the scene of the single worst performance by a Charlton defender.
  • Options
    Don't get it either. Always like Miguel. He always tried his best.

I don't think that article actually said it quite like that and a bit was lost in translation. Mind you I wouldn't blame him having that opinion reading some of the tripe on here.
  • Options
    I liked him when he was here but he really spoiled it with his bitter comments to the local papers in Sheffield, plus it's nice to enjoy a moment like this when there fans seem to live in a delusion that he is better then Morrison and that they won the CB swap contest between us.
  • Options
    Much of Big Mig's bad press came from the shockers at Colchester and also Millwall away when he froze after they started to run riot and yes if you saw those two performances you would wonder how he became a pro.

Let's balance this with the Swindon equaliser ,his excellent cultured left foot delivery which was like a secret weapon in the first six games of 09/10.

Yes he was possibly vying with the Doc or Basey as the slowest player I have ever seen wear the shirt but as said above I suspect if he was quicker he would have played at a much higher level ,but this coupled with making big errors make him a L1 player I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Maybe he is a lovely guy, maybe he does have a good left foot and scored a good equaliser against Swindon. But his job is to defend and I thought he was like bambi on ice. Then to top it off he gives it the biggun to his ex club saying we don't deserve to be top.

His asking for a bit of stick back imo
  • Options
    Harsh, he wasn't that bad yesterday but unfortunate with the own goal, but due to the last two mediocre performances I can see him 'having a rest'.

We did not deserve to lose but that's how it goes, a relagation battle looms for sure.

Well done on your win too, you'll pull away I think.
  • Options
    oppiig. how is the lad from Baca getting on. remember you being very excited by his signing
  • Options
    Haha that's a quality header! What a goal.
  • Options

oppiig. how is the lad from Baca getting on. remember you being very excited by his signing

He is fkin shite mate,can't wait till he goes back to Barcelona!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He is fkin shite mate,can't wait till he goes back to Barcelona!

Haha, one of those then. It's amazing how many players hit the ground running and you think "Wow" and then after about 10 games + you feel as taken in as the scouts must have been!
  • Options
    It wasn't even ten games it was about 2!, He's so lightweight he becomes invisible during games, it's quite a party track must admit.
  • Options

Harsh, he wasn't that bad yesterday but unfortunate with the own goal, but due to the last two mediocre performances I can see him 'having a rest'.

We did not deserve to lose but that's how it goes, a relagation battle looms for sure.

Well done on your win too, you'll pull away I think.

We did try warning you pigster, but you wouldn't have it.
  • Options
    I'm surprised at the massives form especially after the millions they spent during the summer....good to see donkey llera back to his best lolllllll.
  • Options
    To be honest I think compared to most of last year they look a good side this year and shouldn't go down. Just cannot defend, hence they are lower than us, even though we have less flair.
  • Options
    Llera has been okay this season, the Blackpool and Boro games wasn't his best but he's been scoring last minute winners and been solid in defence, okay his OG yesterday was unfortunate but it's nice to see all of you jumping on this thread as soon as the guy fked up, it as if you have all had your recorders set just so you can say ' told you', fk me everyone over the course of the season will fk up a few times unless established premiership players.
  • Options
    I think Shef W will stay up and finish at least 2 places outside the relegation zone. Bristol City, Peterborough and Ipswich all look utterly hopeless and Barnsley are trying their best as well. Strength in depth will tell in the end and no doubt Mandaric will have his hand in his pocket (or someone else's) again in January.
  • Options
    If you come onto a Charlton forum gloating when Llera does well it's a bit silly to then complain that you get the same back when he messes up. Ridiculous in fact..
  • Options
    Piggy - isn't that just what you did when Morro messed up for the 2nd Boro goal?

You are a welcome and articulate contributor, but forums are all about give and take. Trust me there is no Charlton fan who would swap Llera for any of our current 4 centre backs.

We have moved on, our defence is our strength, what is your teams strength? To me both this season and last it has been your loan signings, although converting Antonio into a perm signing was a smart purchase.
  • Options

Llera has been okay this season, the Blackpool and Boro games wasn't his best but he's been scoring last minute winners and been solid in defence, okay his OG yesterday was unfortunate but it's nice to see all of you jumping on this thread as soon as the guy fked up, it as if you have all had your recorders set just so you can say ' told you', fk me everyone over the course of the season will fk up a few times unless established premiership players.

Well it is a Charlton site, what do you expect!

I have seen him play many times sometimes he has done Ok but also he has had some real nightmares (Colchester away being the worst). If you think he is good fine, you are welcome to him, I would not swap him for anybody in our entire squad.