Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull Post Match News, Views & Opinions

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Views below...

Comments

• Options
    Why didn't powell change it up? It was blatant that we weren't going to score, jackson is non- existent should have brought cook on... Still a point is a point and still unbeaten
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Astounded there was no subs at all,we were clearly second best most of the time in the second half.first half very good just did not take are chances, onto the next one.
  • Options
    A point won. Hard faught 2nd half again. This league is going to be tough. 5 points is a great haul so far. The defence has a clean sheet at last which will add to their confidence. Powell is still learning at this level. Content so far. Looking forward to Forest next week, taking daughter and dad.
  • Options
    Clean sheet is a plus point. Our defence is going to be big for us this season.
    We need Fuller fit and as an option asap.
  • Options
    Sounded like a below par performance today. We didn't lose though, so let's just take the point & move on. This is going to be a tough, tough division so 5 points from the first 3 games is a decent enough start.
  • Options
    good point I reckon... 3 games in a week... some decent premiership experience through their team... a weird 5 at the back ....
  • Options
    When the rain came, Hull's five in midfield over ran us, we couldnt get forward. Mystified no change of shape or personnel. Hamer pulled us out of the doo-doo.
  • Options
    Lucky to get anything from that.
  • Options
    A point and 5 points from these 3 fixtures is more than enough and even tho we weren't at it its a clean sheet and we'll take that
    Lack of depth in the squad is a restriction to SCP's option and I believe is a reason for his reluctance to make substitutions

2% top 6..... 40% 7th-12th ....56% 13th-21st.... 2% the dreaded R
  • Options
    Before a negative I would have taken 5 points from these 3 all day lOng

But Scp should have changed it Jacko is too slow for there and Stephens was IMO not at the races

We need to have a different option in the midfield

We should have put Jordan on for Jacko and pushed Pritchard inside and kercher on the right

Bwp mom followed by hamer

Lots of players off the pace today including solly and wiggins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    You mean we don't have a right to walk this league ?

Nobody told me this at the end of last season.

• Options
    Millwall lost.
    Palace lost.
    A draw and a clean sheet vs a team that just do not concede at this level at the mo.

I'll take it.Doubt i'll bother watching the highlights lol
  • Options
    Three matches gone and all against tough teams expected to finish in the top half or better of the table and we have five points and are unbeaten.

I've a feeling that CP is going to do a Curbs and play it tight and take no risks until we have found our feet in this division. We don't have a lot on the bench/squad in terms of experience and CP isn't going to risk shaking things up for the sheer hell of it.
  • Options
    When you look at the amount of goals that are going in in this division, conceding just 2 in 3 against the clubs we've played is huge.
  • Options
    I'd have taken 5 points all day.
  • Options
    Fuller really could be the difference... we don't need genius across the entire team... and I think we have a very solid 11 ... bringing on Fuller in that game could have made the difference...
  • Options
  • Options
    what was the crowd
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Fuller really could be the difference... we don't need genius across the entire team... and I think we have a very solid 11 ... bringing on Fuller in that game could have made the difference...

yeah definitely, was the perfect game to bring on Ric - can't wait to see him ready

• Options
    nolly said:

what was the crowd

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crowd turnout disappointing? Should be expecting 19 - 20,000.
  • Options

Three matches gone and all against tough teams expected to finish in the top half or better of the table and we have five points and are unbeaten.

I've a feeling that CP is going to do a Curbs and play it tight and take no risks until we have found our feet in this division. We don't have a lot on the bench/squad in terms of experience and CP isn't going to risk shaking things up for the sheer hell of it.

Absolutely the right way to look at it as well. Lets concentrate on getting to 50 points and relative safety and then we can start taking a few risks. I wasn't at the game but the commentary made it sound like we had our chances and caused them problems as well as having our own problems to deal with.

Sounds like it could have been changed around to go looking for another 2 points but you sense Powelly trusts this team to see games through even at this level and maybe wouldn't feel so comfortable with Kerkar, Cook and Green, not just yet at least.

Need to get Fuller and Haynes fit asap though because we have very very limited options from the bench up front.

The secret to our success last year was turning losses into draws and draws into wins. Sounds like there's been an element of that to both our home games so far this season and our performances so far have been good enough to comfortably keep us up which is the maximum we have any right to expect imho.
  • Options
    I think we have fully shaken the Prem fans now .... which for me isn't a bad thing.... the crowd sounded fantastic today and against Liecester, we will get a bit more when people return from holidays but the days of 20 plus regularly in this league are gone unless we are pushing for promotion I reckon, bar Millwall, Palace, Bigger games...
  • Options
    16k not bad. Would have been very few comps and a few people might have had a look at the weather forecast and decided to give it a miss.

Attendances will creep up to 18K ish if we keep doing OK, more when we play a big side.
  • Options
    Hard fought. Poor conditions but our midfield of Pritchard, Hollands, Stephens and Jackson are so so slow. That combo won't get us anywhere near the playoffs. Hull finished much the stronger and I was happy with the point.
  • Options
    The problem to me is that not making changes at around 70 mins today put the point more at risk than holding what we had

We need to retain the ball we did not do that today
  • Options
    Great first 3 games and 5 points superb return. Not sure why SCP didn't make some changes. Jackson needed replacing during the second half. Thought Hamer was magnificent. Jackson worries me, but signs of life with Stephens imo. Can't be too hard on the strikers as they got little service.
  • Options
    Scrappy game and the weather did not help. Hull came for 0-0 and they fought bloody hard to get it.
    Never mind. Positives, Hamer is getting better every match and Pritch is a mini demon.
  • Options

The problem to me is that not making changes at around 70 mins today put the point more at risk than holding what we had

We need to retain the ball we did not do that today

We managed to retain The ball well from our throw ins though, contrary to popular belief. The first 8 throws we had we kept hold of it, and then I gave up counting as it was becoming a bit boring proving myself right.
  • Options
    You need to drink more mate