Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry Retires from International Football

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Lost his captaincy, a manager, and a lot of fans, all based on lies.
    FA are a disgrace, few players have tried more for their country in recent years. They've hounded him out, a court ruling obviously isn't quite enough for them.

Got to hand it to Rio, Anton, FA, Roberts, Crooks etc, they're the real winners at the end of the day.

In a court of law it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt, the FA only need to prove on the balance of probabilities, if the FA feel there is a case to answer then they should pursue it.

Interested to know what the disgraceful behaviour was and if it was any worse than goading americans in a heathrow hotel the day after 9/11.

That said I would have preferred his retirement had been determined by football not "political" matters.

Personally it looks like supreme arrogance from the fa, who seem to think they have more authority than a court of law.
    Richard J said:

I know this was done to death in the previous thread ,but I suspect Terry would have been found guilty in a civil court under the burden of proof 'balance of probabilities' rather than the criminal court 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

He is clearly not innocent as he admitted using racist language and swearing at Anton Ferdinand ,the fact his lawyer was able to put an argument about the context of the remarks meant that the magistrate had no option but to find him not guilty .

This is good news and I can fully support England again.

Well he is innocent because the court said so. They accepted his story of how we was denying to Ferdinand what Ferdinand thought he had said, so you can't call him guilty.
    I said in another thread that Ferdinand never knew of what was supposed to have been said, until his girlfriend showed him the alleged video online.

Not even Anton knows if he really said anything.
  • Options
    dave85 said:

and being a total c11t for years.

When did he join the Charlton Life Independent Travel club then?

Good player but a thoroughly dislikeable human being pleased he won't be representing my nation anymore, at least not officially.

• Options

Good.

Ridence

• Options

dave85 said:

and being a total c11t for years.

When did he join the Charlton Life Independent Travel club then?

Good player but a thoroughly dislikeable human being pleased he won't be representing my nation anymore, at least not officially.

He'll still try & pick up the trophy if England win anything in his lifetime!!! ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Kap10 said:

FA are a disgrace, few players have tried more for their country in recent years. They've hounded him out, a court ruling obviously isn't quite enough for them.

Got to hand it to Rio, Anton, FA, Roberts, Crooks etc, they're the real winners at the end of the day.

In a court of law it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt, the FA only need to prove on the balance of probabilities, if the FA feel there is a case to answer then they should pursue it.

Interested to know what the disgraceful behaviour was and if it was any worse than goading americans in a heathrow hotel the day after 9/11.

That said I would have preferred his retirement had been determined by football not "political" matters.

Personally it looks like supreme arrogance from the fa, who seem to think they have more authority than a court of law.
    Richard J said:

I know this was done to death in the previous thread ,but I suspect Terry would have been found guilty in a civil court under the burden of proof 'balance of probabilities' rather than the criminal court 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

He is clearly not innocent as he admitted using racist language and swearing at Anton Ferdinand ,the fact his lawyer was able to put an argument about the context of the remarks meant that the magistrate had no option but to find him not guilty .

This is good news and I can fully support England again.

Well he is innocent because the court said so. They accepted his story of how we was denying to Ferdinand what Ferdinand thought he had said, so you can't call him guilty.
    I said in another thread that Ferdinand never knew of what was supposed to have been said, until his girlfriend showed him the alleged video online.

Not even Anton knows if he really said anything.

Terry was caught on video using the words f..k..g bl... c.n. . He claimed that he was saying them because Anton had misheard him when being taunted about Wayne Bridge .

This is why the Magistrate felt there was reasonable doubt and had no option but to dismiss the case because there were other players blocking the video evidence of the events that led up to him using those expletives .

A balance of probabilities judgement would I suspect find a different verdict.

• Options
    England will miss him in the short term especially Poland away as he is still the best we have at the moment but at least it gives us 2 years to sort that position out for Brazil.

Interesting to see the FA verdict this week

• Options
    Surely just a really misunderstood individual?
  • Options
    I hope he's looked after his money because I can't see anyone giving him a job when he hangs up his boots entirely.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I hope he's looked after his money because I can't see anyone giving him a job when he hangs up his boots entirely.

I doubt money is something that the 150K per week John Terry is ever going to need to worry about!
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

I doubt money is something that the 150K per week John Terry is ever going to need to worry about!
    Sadly I would imagine he will not be short of offers when he retires, whatever his qualities are he is a leader
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jog on JT - come on England
  • Options
    Nope. The court of law have found him innocent of a criminal offence. The FA aren't saying he did something illegal, they're investigating to see if he did something against their rules, that's all.
  • Options
    Wish he'd retire from breathing oxygen to be honest.

Awful 'human' being.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

This alone tells you all you need to know about this lowlife
  • Options
    Reckion he's been tipped off that he is going to be found guilty of breaking FA rules (or however they word it) and has jumped before he gets sacked.
  • Options
    As a football fan, I'm more interested in who's good enough to replace him. As an England player you won't find anyone as committed as JT has been over the years.
  • Options
    Joleon Lescott will finally get his chance now.

Terry is a tw@t, always has been always will be, I seriously believe if he wasn't 'JT' he would have been found guilty, and combine that with the affairs, the idiotic behavior on the pitch, and his punchable face, I think you will find many people will be glad to see the back of him
  • Options
    Think Lescott and Cahill/Jagielka will be decent for England so not overly worried there. He did always give his all for the national side which you cant fault. Everything else you hear makes him sound like a tool
  • Options
    Happy he has gone. Awful human being.
  • Options
    Good, now he can concentrate on other aspects of his behaviour such as refraining from parking in disabled spots because he is too lazy to walk to TGI fridays or retire from smashing a drinks vending machine, as he did at 'Boro, because he was displaying 'passion' and dressing in his first team strip when he is banned for a terrible and unprovoked redcard challenge the previous match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thinking about it, he's probably retired due to such a packed media schedule after helping winning all those medals at the Olympics. Team player
  • Options
    The Courts didn't find him innocent, they just couldn't prove he is guilty. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

Everyone knows that he made a racist comment, he had admitted as much. The FA had to have an inquiry. They couldn't do it before the criminal case as the former takes precedence.

I find it a little hypercritical that the FA decided to let him play in what was going to be the last tournament he would be a significant part of the first team. I also suspect that the FA have made it known (quietly) that should he be found guilty (which is very likely) he would be banned from England games for long enough for it to cost him his place. The decision to retire now shows cowardice on the part of Terry, which comes as no surprise to me, as his behaviour is similar to that of a bully and a coward.

What I find most disturbing though, which has been mentioned above, is that Terry says that the FA's decision to hold this enquiry has made his position in the England squad untenable. Not only do I suspect that he doesn't have that word in his normal vocabulary, I would suggest that calling the brother of a former England Captain a _____ ____ was what made his position untenable. That and the fact that he is no longer good enough, relative to his peers, to have his bad behaviour overlooked by the FA.

I don't think that any of those involved come out of this looking good. Terry, obviously, the Ferdinand brothers (I believe Rio set out to have Terry dropped from the squad, thinking that he would be chosen over him if he refused to play in the same side), Capello who used it as an excuse to resign before another tournament that he knew we would fail to deliver in and the FA themselves. I know the criminal proceedings ended up with a not guilty verdict, but the FA shouldn't have allowed Terry to be involved in Euro 2012. If he was stripped of the Captaincy then they were admitting he was of questionable personal character - there is no doubt of his footballing or leadership qualities. He should either have been allowed to carry on as Captain or he should not have been in the squad. I have no real view either way, one can justify either, but to admit there is a problem with him then let him play looks like what I think it was. The FA needed him to ensure we did ok in the tournament more than they needed to make a stand against his behaviour. To call him before a panel now looks like saving face, especially now when we really don't need him as much. I seriously doubt he will be as good a player as the alternatives in 2014, and we should have few problems qualifying in the group we are in.
  • Options
    Horrible man and has been "Leggy" at International level for a while now so no big miss glad to see him gone
  • Options
    He gave an explanation. Whatever you think of him as a player or person, that explanation was feasible and even a court of law couldn't prove it wasn't. FA should have just put it to rest and move on and I can understand his reaction tbh.
  • Options

has been "Leggy" at International level for a while now so no big miss glad to see him gone

You sure?
  • Options
    Think so Big Rob he gets found out by pacy forwards all the time
  • Options
    A toad of the highest order
  • Options
    I'm sure he can now spend more time making sure the other players wifes are 'taken care of'
  • Options
    Jumped before he was pushed I reckon. Suspect he will be found guilty by the FA this week, banned from ever playing for England & receive the same length ban as Suarez did
  • Options

Jumped before he was pushed I reckon. Suspect he will be found guilty by the FA this week, banned from ever playing for England & receive the same length ban as Suarez did

For You CA:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/john-terry