Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry Retires from International Football

Comments

• Options

Jumped before he was pushed I reckon. Suspect he will be found guilty by the FA this week, banned from ever playing for England & receive the same length ban as Suarez did

For You CA:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/john-terry

ERM...........Thanks
  • Options

The Courts didn't find him innocent, they just couldn't prove he is guilty. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

Oh dear

• Options
    The man is a skid. Doesn't deserve the things he has let alone playing for his country.
  • Options
    dave85 said:

and being a total c11t for years.

this
  • Options
    So he's slept around, his parents are wrong uns and he's a bit of a c*nt, i'm pretty sure most of us know someone with at least one or 2 of those attributes, only they're not in the public eye like he is.
    Couldn't care less what he did off the pitch, but he was a true leader on it. Personally though i think his best days are well behind him, and think this court case is a perfect excuse for him to retire without admitting he's not up to it any more. Still remember him comically falling over when van Persie ran through to score for Arsenal last season.
  • Options
    i think he was made aware that if he is found guilty by the FA then his international career was over so if he quits and is found guilty he can say that him walking out on his country was the reason they found him guilty and if he is found not guilty he has the can refuse to play unless he is apologised to.

either way, he's no Gary Caldwell!
  • Options

i think he was made aware that if he is found guilty by the FA then his international career was over so if he quits and is found guilty he can say that him walking out on his country was the reason they found him guilty and if he is found not guilty he has the can refuse to play unless he is apologised to.

either way, he's no Gary Caldwell!

We didn't want his life story @cafcdave123! Ffs
  • Options

So he's slept around, his parents are wrong uns and he's a bit of a c*nt, i'm pretty sure most of us know someone with at least one or 2 of those attributes, only they're not in the public eye like he is.
    Couldn't care less what he did off the pitch, but he was a true leader on it. Personally though i think his best days are well behind him, and think this court case is a perfect excuse for him to retire without admitting he's not up to it any more. Still remember him comically falling over when van Persie ran through to score for Arsenal last season.

Agree with this
  • Options
    Best centre half we've had for a long time and was a brilliant captain. Innocent till proven guilty eh? Hardly an angel but gave always his all for his country.
  • Options

I've noticed a lot of posters have refered to John Terry is a c@@t.

A better example of a footballer who is a c@@t would be a certain striker who was caught on CCTV stealing a womans handbag and then paying her off so that he aviods a criminal conviction for being a thief.

whilst i see what you are getting at, i think people would argue that the racist son of a shop lifter and a drug dealer who shags his friend's mrs' is in fact the bigger c@@t.

*not saying I agree with either interpretation of alleged offenders
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well if we are bringing parents into the equation. My example of a c@@t dad once verbally abused a disabled linesman and remains unapologetic about the incident, whilst being a very vocal critic of John Terry.

unfortunately smudge the majority wont look at any of that though will they because JT, like it or not, is a bigger and easier target.
  • Options

A better example of a footballer who is a c@@t would be a certain striker who was caught on CCTV stealing a womans handbag and then paying her off so that he aviods a criminal conviction for being a thief.

whilst i see what you are getting at, i think people would argue that the racist son of a shop lifter and a drug dealer who shags his friend's mrs' is in fact the bigger c@@t.

Using offensive words is worse than stealing from someone? Surely not.

• Options
    PL54 said:

The Courts didn't find him innocent, they just couldn't prove he is guilty. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

Oh dear

Oh dear what?
  • Options

Using offensive words is worse than stealing from someone? Surely not.

i hope you realise what i'm getting at there sll?
  • Options
    Not guilty is not the same as innocent ? Have I really just read that ?
    The Oxford dictionary and anyone in the legal profession would disagree.
  • Options

agree with the point however not many people go about like butter wouldn't melt and pretend to be this off the pitch nice guy. never heard him say he has been wrong about anything he has done in the past. just look at his face of pure shock when he got sent off against barca as it somes him up completely.
  • Options
    Apparently there is a rule in the FA book (6.8) that states
    "the outcome and evidence of any civil or criminal court trial should be regarded as the correct version of events"
    The FA have brought to book over 470 cases last year and only 2 got thrown out. 99.5% success rate.
    If I was Terry I wouldn't even bother turning up, just send my Solicitor.

How would the FA stand if they found him guilty, banned him/fined him, and he took the FA to court? After all he has been found not guilty by our legal system.

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207559/John-Terry-retires-England.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DMartin%2BSamuel%2B&videoPlayerURL=http%3A%2F%2Fc.brightcove.com%2Fservices%2Fviewer%2Ffederated_f9%3FisVid%3D1%26isUI%3D1%26publisherID%3D1418450360%26playerID%3D72484359001%26domain%3Dembed%26videoId%3D&hasBCVideo=true&BCVideoID=1858555864001

• Options
    I watched the Chelsea story about them winning the champions league.

When the interviewer asked him if he thought he deserved a winners medal, Terry snapped back 100%. Fair enough but he just didn't get it, there is no morality in that man it's just all about him.

• Options
    My two penny's worth, anyone, whatever thier circumstances who "retires from international football" is dead to me, you answer your countries call regardless and it retires you end of.

A naive attitude to some I am sure but a cornerstone in my world, regardless of talent who the f@*k do these people think they are, I would walk over broken glass to represent my country. Retire from international football my arse...rant over come on England.

PS to put it in some perspective, he has given up a chance to play against Scotland at Wembley next year, it beggers belief.....knob
  • Options

This!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not guilty is not the same as innocent ? Have I really just read that ?
    The Oxford dictionary and anyone in the legal profession would disagree.

In court you are found guilty or not guilty. Never does a court declare anyone innocent. In summing up the Judge made a point of saying that he acquitted Terry because there was some doubt about the fact that Terry said he was repeating what Ferdinand said, but Ferdinand denied it. The Judge said that he couldn't be sure that Terry thought he heard Ferdinand accuse him of a racist comment even though they all agree the comment was never said.

He also made reference to the fact that lip reading is an art, not a science, and they couldn't be totally sure that Terry said the racist comments

His wording was specific and suggested that he only acquitted Terry because he couldn't be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that he was guilty. He never mentioned, once, that he was innocent of the charges. Merely that in a court if law you must be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
  • Options
    You're right, in a court a defendant is found guilty or not guilty because that is the language used there. However, if someone is found not guilty they are innocent ( adjective meaning not guilty of an offence or crime). It has the same meaning.

Beyond reasonable doubt is a very high threshold. If a judge "suggests" that a defendant is only being found not guilty because of the use beyond reasonable doubt - what is the problem ? That is the test used in courts and rightly so.
    It's up to the prosecution to bring the case and to prove beyond reasonable doubt.
    If I was found not guilty in court and someone wrote that I'm not innocent, I think I'd be passing the article to my solicitor.
  • Options
    so are the FA immune from applying the principle of reasonable doubt. Churning this up does nothing for nobody.
  • Options
    He'll be missed
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I watched the Chelsea story about them winning the champions league.

When the interviewer asked him if he thought he deserved a winners medal, Terry snapped back 100%. Fair enough but he just didn't get it, there is no morality in that man it's just all about him.

I'd argue here that he probably did deserve his medal simply for all the years service he's given to Chelsea. I know he gets stick for celebrating with the team in his kit, but if you look back at videos or photos of them all celebrating, there's also Ramires, Meireiles and Ivanovic jumping around in their full kit too, and they were also suspended. No one ever mentions that though.
  • Options

What would be even worse is if he was lazy.
  • Options
    From a source it's an 8-game ban, but won't be announced until tomorrow.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

My two penny's worth, anyone, whatever thier circumstances who "retires from international football" is dead to me, you answer your countries call regardless and it retires you end of.

A naive attitude to some I am sure but a cornerstone in my world, regardless of talent who the f@*k do these people think they are, I would walk over broken glass to represent my country. Retire from international football my arse...rant over come on England.

PS to put it in some perspective, he has given up a chance to play against Scotland at Wembley next year, it beggers belief.....knob

I've also taken this stance over footballers that 'retire' from playing for England and then carry on playing for years for their club. (I understand they may only be able to do this because they've 'retired' from playing for England) but I agree, the country should be the one to retire them and they should want to play for England until they can no longer run.

Scholes & Shearer are 2 on that list. I wouldn't say they are dead to me, I just can't work them out as human beings at the top of their game why they would give up that opportunity and honour. I can't say I'm surprised that Terry has retired, as I hold him in the same disregard as Scholes & Shearer and this has just justified my thoughts about him.

Ego's before Pride.