Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    I thought the last episode was brilliantly done. Lennie James did a smashing job as did the bloke who's in a lot of other tv and film stuff who played Eastman.

I'd like to see an episode from the perspective of someone who got bitten and turned. Also from what I understand a new human baddie is expected soon. Maybe Rick can bite this guys throat out too
  • Options
    I don't like to relentlessly pick apart TWD as it's a show about the dead walking the earth and I quite enjoy watching zombie heads smush like wet tissue paper. What I do find funny now though is that the classic useless characters still exist even though this apocalypse must have been going on for a couple of years now. How are there still people who don't know how to stab a zombie in the brain? How were that dude with the crutch and his terrified girlfriend able to move around Georgia for all that time? Did they start off with 400 cans of chicken noodle soup and barter their way to safety for two years?
  • Options
    Been desperately clinging on to this show for the last 2 seasons, hoping it's going to become rellevant in some way. If Glen got out of that alive, I'm done with it. The other guy falling on top of him would've delayed his demise by a couple of minutes at best, as they would just keep feeding until there was nothing left.

Also find it amusing that they're all (rightly) afraid of getting bitten, yet strut around in a flimsy T-shirt. First thing I'd get myself is a decent set of bike leathers. ain't no zombie chomping through them..............
  • Options

Also find it amusing that they're all (rightly) afraid of getting bitten, yet strut around in a flimsy T-shirt. First thing I'd get myself is a decent set of bike leathers. ain't no zombie chomping through them..............

I read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks last year, it's the book he wrote before World War Z. It's fun for a bit, but by the end you realise he's taking it way too seriously.

Good tips - strap magazines to your arms (as Pitt did in the movie), go upstairs and break the stairs, and use a crowbar - it's durable and multi-tasks.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I just can't get over the fact that they would have run out of zombies after about a year.

This doesn't allow for the fact that as each person dies they turn, no matter what unless they are stabbed in the brain or burned (which sometimes doesnt work)

therefore they'd be screwed as when each of them dies, they become a zombie themselves. thus the zombie apocalypse would never end it would be apocalyptic until humanity no longer remains and the zombies are left gnawing at air desperate for even a drip of blood.
  • Options
    Didn't the guy at the end of episode 1 say that the Walkers are slowly starving?
  • Options
    He said that the virus animates the body enough to try and spread. I don't remember him saying they starve (look at the heads kept in the fish tanks, still gnashing away).

I think that was 28 Days Later/ 28 Weeks Later, cos they're not zombies.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Very dull tonight. First poor episode this series but it was awful. Plus going into the dark, enclosed sewers is the stupidest idea ever.

That Jessie is a sort though.
  • Options
    There's always a sense of foreboding or maybe impending doom which makes it quite a tense watch. Some good acting shown too bearing in mind the subject matter or vehicle for the actors is the zombie apocalypse.

The leader Deanna chivved the ginger zombie up like she meant it
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks last year, it's the book he wrote before World War Z. It's fun for a bit, but by the end you realise he's taking it way too seriously.

Good tips - strap magazines to your arms (as Pitt did in the movie), go upstairs and break the stairs, and use a crowbar - it's durable and multi-tasks.
    That's OK as long as you don't ever need to come down stairs again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Think about it, you'd use the loft ladder or take one up first innit.
  • Options
    Carter said:

There's always a sense of foreboding or maybe impending doom which makes it quite a tense watch. Some good acting shown too bearing in mind the subject matter or vehicle for the actors is the zombie apocalypse.

The leader Deanna chivved the ginger zombie up like she meant it

How on earth does she not know to go for the brain at this point though?!
  • Options
    One thing they need to stop is the "things are different now/this is the way things are now" speeches.

We know.
  • Options
    What else can they do with it now?? Find a base, lose the base, fight zombies, and repeat. It'll end up like Lost....going on for far too long.
  • Options
    It's definitely reaching it's limit, they need to find a way to actually move the story forwards.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

What else can they do with it now?? Find a base, lose the base, fight zombies, and repeat. It'll end up like Lost....going on for far too long.

LOST sagged in season three because the producers didn't have an end date. When ABC gave them an end date, it turned out they didn't have enough time to tell the story!

Difference with Walking Dead is, they don't have an end planned at all. LOST always did, they just didn't know how long it would take to get there. Walking Dead needs a finish to aim towards. But it makes too much money for that.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

If you can't figure out how to deal with that issue, then I'm afraid you don't deserve to be one of the last-surviving humans.
  • Options
    I thought this was a thread about Charlton.
  • Options
    They should travel to a major city and see what shit is going down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only after theyve stared into the distance a bit more of course, and only after they've shouted "I Clear!!"
  • Options
    Agree that the whole Alexandria thing is kind of dragging on now. This series has basically been all about the Alexandrians finally realising that they've been burying their heads in the sand and hoping for things to get better on their own. Rick's group has made them see that this is never going to work. The big question now is what do they, all of them, do about it?

The show does need to think about where it is going. They've thoroughly explored the after-effects of the zombie apocalypse in terms of physical, societal and emotional/mental survival but where is it all leading? Is there a way out? Is there a chance of humanity recovering and rebuilding? Is it all over and it's just a matter of time before the last human becomes a walker?

World War Z (the book, not the film) did a wonderful job of tackling those issues and given that the film completely omitted all of that I wonder if Max Brookes would mind if TWD borrowed some of his ideas?
  • Options
    WWZ is such a good book. Thought about it during last night's episode weirdly - the part where the have to try and clear sewers and how difficult it is because it's enclosed, dark, and under a foot of water so you can't see zombies coming.

Made me think how stupid using the sewers as the better way of getting out was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

World War Z (the book, not the film) did a wonderful job of tackling those issues and given that the film completely omitted all of that I wonder if Max Brookes would mind if TWD borrowed some of his ideas?

No chance, sadly. There's another WWZ movie in the mix.

Even still, the movie was not much like the book so I'd love to see WWZ realised as an HBO 10-parter. The structure is perfect for something like that.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Rizzo said:

Even still, the movie was not much like the book so I'd love to see WWZ realised as an HBO 10-parter. The structure is perfect for something like that.
    It really would - difficult to do.though given there's no real main character.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Rizzo said:

The main character is the guy played by Brad Pitt in the film who went around the world interviewing people. Really enjoyable book

The film was disappointing as it was nothing like the book only in as much as the character Jerry was used and a couple of nods towards things mentioned in the book
  • Options
    I get that but it would be better showing the action as live rather than having him interviewing people?
  • Options
    I think it could be done by starting each episode with the interviewer and interviewee chatting before switching to 'flashback' mode for the actual events being discussed. Wouldn't work on the big screen but could on TV.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I think it could be done by starting each episode with the interviewer and interviewee chatting before switching to 'flashback' mode for the actual events being discussed. Wouldn't work on the big screen but could on TV.

That's how I see it. That's how the book worked in my mind's eye at least. Cutting back to the interview every now and then would allow for much exposition.

It'd be especially good if they got A-list actors to play the weekly interview roles, with a cast of lesser-knowns in the flashbacks.
  • Options
    Yeah that could work pretty well to be fair.