Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    My missus still loves it but I have to admit the Walking Dead is getting very samey for me, what's the long term storyline goal ? It just doesn't feel like it's working towards anything in particular. It would have been better if at least some of the storyline was dedicated to finding clues as to what has caused this whole thing in the first place.
  • Options
    I still enjoy it but can see why it's all a bit samey. depending on if it follows the graphic novel arc the long term story goal is just them surviving.
  • Options
    T said:

I still enjoy it but can see why it's all a bit samey. depending on if it follows the graphic novel arc the long term story goal is just them surviving.

Remember a couple of series back when we originally came across the scientist and the ginger guy and they were heading to Washington because he thought he had a solution (which was bollocks) and they thought there were others there who had a clue as to what was going on ? It's a shame they pulled back from that story line and those guys just joined in with the "just them surving story line".
  • Options
    I can tell you what the storyline will be... But I don't want to give you spoilers (if you don't want).
  • Options
    Personally, I liked it. I think they did the right thing by not revealing who Negan slaughtered. One of my work colleagues reads the comics and if they follow the comics, which they haven't always done, then I have a good idea on who has been killed.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Brilliant season, tension ramped up to ridiculous levels. I'm annoyed they didn't reveal who got the good news with Lucille because that is a dead end to the season and a proper shocker to set up the bleakness of next season but they bottled it in my book. I watched the talking dead afterwards and I thought chris Hardwick should have given the producers a rougher ride as a fan.

Still think the whole thing will end with Rick waking up in his hospital bed.

The Lost/Dallas ending.
  • Options
    My main issue with TWD these days is that it's become apparent that there are a fairly significant number of survivors and that the zombies walkers are not a huge threat anymore except when encountered in vast numbers. Are we really expected to believe that the entire US military is defunct? That the government didn't hole up in Cheyenne Mountain for a few weeks until the initial shocks died down before emerging to retake the country? In other words, where the fuck is everyone else?
  • Options

Personally, I liked it. I think they did the right thing by not revealing who Negan slaughtered. One of my work colleagues reads the comics and if they follow the comics, which they haven't always done, then I have a good idea on who has been killed.

apparently Darryll is not in the comics?

• Options
    Ps... I think it's Arron
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

My missus still loves it but I have to admit the Walking Dead is getting very samey for me, what's the long term storyline goal ? It just doesn't feel like it's working towards anything in particular. It would have been better if at least some of the storyline was dedicated to finding clues as to what has caused this whole thing in the first place.

I thought fear the walking dead covered that with the drug takers etc ?
  • Options
    Glenn I reckon
  • Options

Glenn I reckon

Can't be Glenn, he was to the very left of negan, and negan moved right with lucille before he got to his victim
  • Options

I can tell you what the storyline will be... But I don't want to give you spoilers (if you don't want).

I'll have some of those ta.
  • Options
    I reckon it's Eugene, Sacha or the other guy... Don't remember his name.
  • Options
    Hopefully people understand there are going to be spoilers on this thread...
  • Options
    I'm going with Abraham or Glenn. Glenn as its him in Issue #100. Abraham as he snuffed it a few issues earlier, with an arrow through the eye, so he's on borrowed time too.

Apparently, according Chris in the Talking Dead, they've not filmed it or considered who will die.
  • Options
    How many more seasons of this are there going to be? I love it, but sometimes things go on for too long, surely no more than 1/2 seasons
  • Options
    DA9 said:

apparently Darryll is not in the comics?

That's correct. The actor who plays Darryll auditioned to play Merle, but they liked him so much they created the role of Darryll for him.

The series is based on the comics but they haven't always followed them 100% For example, Andrea was killed off in series 3 but in the comics, her and Rick have got together. In the series it's Michonne that's with Rick. The recent killing of Denise happened to someone else, Carol is dead in the comics but alive and well in the TV series. Also, Rick only has one hand in the comics after the Guvernor cut one off.
  • Options
    I remember a car crash at the end of ER one time, and we didn't know who would survive. And neither did the producers, because three of the occupants hadn't signed new deals with the show yet. I did wonder if that would be a factor in the show.

It's clearly not Rick and Carl, and Darryl would probably have died in the previous episode when he was shot in the head(!) if they were planning on killing him.

Re. The show's long term plan. Like the comics there doesn't appear to be one. It's more of a soap opera. It makes too much money to end.

But two things to consider; at the rate they kill zombies, there wouldn't be any left by now. Also, petrol would've have dried up 5 series ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are a badass gang who murder people at will all wolfwhistling in the forest?

Seriously gay.
  • Options
    I thought Negan said while he was hitting whoever "il take out your other eye" I instantly thought it was carl.

I hope its Glenn...to be honest it wouldn't surprise me and hes had enough lives.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I just want Morgan to die. He only talks in riddles and is by far the least relatable character in the show.

If I'm honest, I don't think I ever forgave him for that "I clear" nonsense.
  • Options
    I reckon it will be Abraham, lots of clues in the speech Neegan gives
  • Options

I just want Morgan to die. He only talks in riddles and is by far the least relatable character in the show.

If I'm honest, I don't think I ever forgave him for that "I clear" nonsense.

I like Morgan. The episode where he lived with that aikido guy is a favourite.

He does need to give up the all life is precious gag though. The "All" part would include Hitler. Bet he didn't think of that!

Carol is as hard as nails. I think she will come back and sacrifice herself for the group somehow. She's suicidal and loves the group.... to death, I guess.

I predict the priest will strangely defend Alexandrea well but still die in the process.

Well the whole thing is building up to a climax where someone is going to kill negan anyway, most likely Rick or carol..or Morgan on the last ep of season 7.
    I believe the comics have negan as a long term villain though.

• Options
    Starts again in just 10 days, best programme on TV.
    My moneys on Abraham to die
  • Options

I reckon it will be Abraham, lots of clues in the speech Neegan gives

Well list them man.
  • Options

Starts again in just 10 days, best programme on TV.

What, Game of Thrones?
  • Options
    My bet is on Eugene.

If not him then Abraham is a good bet, or the double bluff on Glenn.
  • Options
    I'm hoping Eugene cops it. He's a crap character and the way he talks like an American Civil War General gets on my nerves!