Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Just watched it was brutal, the best show ever.
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding like Mary Whitehouse I found that a bit TOO brutal.
    Sadistic and twisted, went too far for me.
    Great series though.
  • Options
    It's needed a good villain since the governor who was excellent

If my mate at work is right it's going to get very dark before it gets better
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Valley11 said:

Great series though.

I agree. The eyeball shot, while identical to the comics, lasted way too long for me. Purely for shock and horror value to make us hate Negan more. In a show that's void of lighter moments, it went almost too dark.

The most stupid thing is that they can't use the word fuck in this show. But they can show us that.
  • Options
    That was tense.
  • Options
    Fucking hell
  • Options
    Excellent episode.

If the rest of the series can follow that it's gonna be a good'un.
  • Options
    Fuck
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Great series though.

I did find myself questioning exactly what enjoyment I was taking from it at times. Still, only one episode in
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Thank you to the man who actually inboxed me a link to the walking dead. I'll disguise his name:

Rob***

No actually,

***Roy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was tense and sad and action packed and everything you'd expect that'd make a great episode of TV. Ive really enjoyed each season of TWD but for some reason I just didn't enjoy this one as much as I feel I should've . Don't get me wrong Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of Negan was incredible and so was Andrew Lincoln's acting but there was something that didnt quite click for me.
  • Options
    The first 20mins wound me up like crazy - the cliffhanger was already a mistake, don't drag it out more - we get it, anyone could die, get on with it.

But the Abraham kill, Daryl hitting Negan and Glenn getting killed instead was good (brutal, but good). Though not sure Glenn having his eyeball hanging out added anything, it felt like effects for the sake of effects (yes, I know it was in the comics).

The Carl arm scene was good too, as was how Negan broke Rick down throughout. Negan was class, the actor is brilliant and he's got charisma.

As soon as he disappeared it was rubbish again, pointless "who's taking Maggie in a car" chat and a cheesy fake family scene that felt like the end of a Fast and Furious film.

Overall decent but since Glenn didn't die last series I still think it's taken a few missteps.
  • Options
    This show's taken more mid-steps than Morgan Fox over the last few years. But it's a cash juggernaut that will keep rolling, no matter what they do.
  • Options
    Well,that was fun. Brutal. Love the Negan character though,the show has been needing a proper wrong'un since The Governor. Excellent acting by Andrew Lincoln,even down to the massive snot bubble he blew when he was about to lop off Carls arm
  • Options
    Don't understand why Rick never just smashed his face in with the axe on more than one opportunity, the bit with the machine gun was the only part that was excused for not cracking his head in
  • Options
    Cos Negan's men would've slaughtered all his friends. And son.
  • Options
    He had to believe that that outcome was 99% assured anyway

The man just stowed in two peoples head beyond anything they would have ever seen

The chances of him returning to his family and friends would have been very slim whilst in that bus yet he didn't do it

• Options
    If Negan wanted them all dead he would've killed them straight away. It's fair to assume Rick knew he was being broken down and a small sliver of hope is better than none. I think he would've sacrificed himself, but not them.
  • Options
    Slow start but hopefully they'll pick it up soon.
  • Options
    When he was sent to get the axe, Rick had a vision of all of his group getting killed, on that basis he should have killed negan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

If Negan wanted them all dead he would've killed them straight away. It's fair to assume Rick knew he was being broken down and a small sliver of hope is better than none. I think he would've sacrificed himself, but not them.

I don't believe Rick is anywhere near as weak as we are being led to believe.
  • Options
    I don't think we are supposed to believe he's weak. When he chomped on that guy's throat a while back we realised there's no line he won't cross to protect those he loves from death. And this week he had no options whatsoever, so he did what he had to do. Whether that's to submit or chop off an arm. He's just got to come up with a plan B.
  • Options
    Thank fuck his name is not Russell or they'd be fucked
  • Options
    I think they also have to draw out the enemy in this series. Personally I have felt that Rick and crew have turned over enemies too quickly in previous series. For suspense they could do with giving this Negan a good run
  • Options

The first 20mins wound me up like crazy - the cliffhanger was already a mistake, don't drag it out

Why was the Cliffhanger a mistake? Many shows use endings like that to tempt you back for more. I thought it was an excellent way to end a series. It had us all taking about the show here in the office and we have all been looking forward to it's return.

I will agree with those that said it was too brutal. Maybe some of the scenes were a tad unnecessary, but the first episode of a new series normally contains shock value before calming down for the rest of the run.
  • Options

Too soon?

Yeah, Halloween isn't until Monday.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Too soon?

Yeah, Halloween isn't until Monday.

Ah but I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague for most of Monday!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The first 20mins wound me up like crazy - the cliffhanger was already a mistake, don't drag it out

Why was the Cliffhanger a mistake? Many shows use endings like that to tempt you back for more. I thought it was an excellent way to end a series. It had us all taking about the show here in the office and we have all been looking forward to it's return.
    I don't mind a cliffhanger but but it was badly done - ending just after he killed them and leaving us guessing to the reaction etc would have been a better one in my opinion.

To compare it to another show, everyone tslked about the Red Wedding because it was shocking, not because it was a cliffhanger on who lived or died. Ending the series with Glenn collapsing to the floor would have been shocking much more than it was in this episode.

Though actually killing him in the wheelie bin scene would have been brilliant.

They are trying to create a "Who shot JR?" buzz about it (and the "Is Glenn dead?" thing last series) which feel cheap and unnecessary for a show that usually gets people watching through a decent storylines, characters and action.
  • Options

I don't mind a cliffhanger but but it was badly done - ending just after he killed them and leaving us guessing to the reaction etc would have been a better one in my opinion.

To compare it to another show, everyone tslked about the Red Wedding because it was shocking, not because it was a cliffhanger on who lived or died. Ending the series with Glenn collapsing to the floor would have been shocking much more than it was in this episode.

Though actually killing him in the wheelie bin scene would have been brilliant.

They are trying to create a "Who shot JR?" buzz about it (and the "Is Glenn dead?" thing last series) which feel cheap and unnecessary for a show that usually gets people watching through a decent storylines, characters and action.
    Or cave in Abraham's skull, end the series and start the new season with Glenn getting smashed in.