Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    Easy street..
  • Options
    Had that bloody song in my head all morning.
  • Options
    Good opening tune A Town Called Malice though.
  • Options
    easy street the song that must go on and on in katherine Meire's head.
  • Options

Had that bloody song in my head all morning.

Me too, problem being I don't know the words so it went like

'Easy street da da da da da da da on easy street'
  • Options
    Forget Easy Street. If they want to break Daryl they should play him the Charlton-Swindon game on a loop.
  • Options
    Thought this thread was about our midfield...
  • Options
    Not sure I can continue watching Negan. He takes five minutes to say everything. He uses more words than Peter Drury. As soon as he starts talking I find myself rolling my eyes and saying 'get on with it' and even found myself flicking through his scenes last night. I wonder how long they'll keep this up.
  • Options
    Need to add TV series to the title of this thread as it simply sounds like our current or next manager at the moment.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Not sure I can continue watching Negan. He takes five minutes to say everything. He uses more words than Peter Drury. As soon as he starts talking I find myself rolling my eyes and saying 'get on with it' and even found myself flicking through his scenes last night. I wonder how long they'll keep this up.

Yep. I'm not buying Negan either. His dialogue is painful. Its just TV writers wanking themselves off. I think the Walking Dead may have jumped the zombie shark
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think thy are just developing him, the others have had some time for us to get to know them. I agree the deep drawing of breath and reiteration got a bit heavy last night but I can swallow that. Thought it was a good episode. I want to see whether or not Ezekiel banged Carol or not next week though
  • Options
    Haven't enjoyed this series apart from the Kingdom episode.

Negan isn't intimidating enough, no way would he have everyone in the Saviours following his orders etc.
  • Options
    ive only just got into the Walking Dead. Started watching from Season 1 and within a few days had watched the entire season and half of season 2. Then, on Sunday......it's disappeared from Sky Boxset, so I cant download anymore episodes? Other than ask for the entire back series on DVD for Christmas, anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    Didn't particularly enjoy the first episode the rest have resorted to type - basically nothing happens.

Negan is a joke, more like Frankenfurter than the Governor!

Am reaching the end of the road with it I think.
  • Options
    a couple of well placed snipers could have taken out Negan and his leadership and a few more, along with some well placed automatic rifles, and a rpg, ffs! Particularly with Daryl standing there, all seems a bit silly to be honest
  • Options
    Missed It said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Yep. I'm not buying Negan either. His dialogue is painful. Its just TV writers wanking themselves off. I think the Walking Dead may have jumped the zombie shark
    His words are pretty much identical to the comic book so far.

So not the TV Writers at all.
  • Options
    braydex said:

ive only just got into the Walking Dead. Started watching from Season 1 and within a few days had watched the entire season and half of season 2. Then, on Sunday......it's disappeared from Sky Boxset, so I cant download anymore episodes? Other than ask for the entire back series on DVD for Christmas, anyone got any ideas?

You might want to avoid this thread, the older episodes are available on amazon prime I think.
  • Options
    To be fair, Dazzler, they don't have to use the same words. What works for a comic doesn't necessarily work for TV. That's often been this show's issue.

I think the idea of Negan is fine, and certainly fits the logic of the show. But they're revelling in his/ their own brilliance a bit too much for me. He's such a pantomime villain now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Missed It said:

JiMMy 85 said:

His words are pretty much identical to the comic book so far.

So not the TV Writers at all.
    TV writers are responsible for what goes on screen. They're two different mediums. What might work on paper doesn't always work on screen. If they can't see that the dialogue is long winded and tedious they aren't serving the audience, they're being overly reverential to the source material. Less is more in TV/film
  • Options
    I think episode 2 will be mainly around Carol/ Morgan and the new g
    braydex said:

rainiertamayo.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best line last night was "I just slid my cock down your throat and you thanked me for it"

Brutal and brilliant.

Don't worry he won't last forever.... he hasn't done half of the horrible things yet that came in the comic.
  • Options
    They are corkers, those lines. But they keep saying the same thing. I think that's my issue. He finds a dozen different ways to say the same thing.

Here's an excerpt from next week's script that I just wrote:

CUT TO: Exterior of town. Negan is twirling his baseball bat and his moustache. Rick is staring at him intently.

Rick
    I'm saying something you don't like, Negan.

Negan
    Woah, did you just say something? Something that I don't
    like? Well Rick... jeez... let's all slow this scene right down
    and listen to me, so that I can say something that you already
    know. Because we have established this relationship already.
    But, for the sake of it, I will repeat myself anyway, by saying
    something about Glenn's head, that will serve the purpose
    of making the audience hate me. Damn, the narrative won't
    be served as we have already established I am the villain,
    but I can talk for another 30 seconds at LEAST (swings bat around).
    And if there's one thing we all know, it's that I like to TALK!

• Options
    Surely not another thread about our next manager?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

They are corkers, those lines. But they keep saying the same thing. I think that's my issue. He finds a dozen different ways to say the same thing.

CUT TO: Exterior of town. Negan is twirling his baseball bat and his moustache. Rick is staring at him intently.

Rick

Negan

and that Lucille is thirsty...

I agree it's not the best writing, as you say what works in the comic doesn't convert to the screen all that well.

Negan was also a big fella in the comic and isn't in this.

• Options
    cfgs said:

Need to add TV series to the title of this thread as it simply sounds like our current or next manager at the moment.

Surely not another thread about our next manager?

Thought this thread was about our midfield...

I can see a theme forming here.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Rick

Negan

and that Lucille is thirsty...

I agree it's not the best writing, as you say what works in the comic doesn't convert to the screen all that well.

Negan was also a big fella in the comic and isn't in this.

It probably doesn't help that Kirkman is executive producer on the show, leaving everyone a bit precious about the source material. The original author usually doesn't count for anything when their work is adapted for TV/film. A writer should always be ready to cut out their best line.
  • Options
    My other half told me that her friends have got the hots for Negan and are gushing about him on Facebook. If any young men reading this are wondering what women want, he's your role model.
  • Options

My other half told me that her friends have got the hots for Negan and are gushing about him on Facebook. If any young men reading this are wondering what women want, he's your role model.

He is a Stand. Up. Guy. after all.
  • Options
    My problem at the moment is he'd work far better as a small part of Rick's group rather than the big bad. They're trying to hard to get us to drop our guard with him so he can do something horrible soon. They showed a little glimpse of it when his face changed when he heard the gunshot but that's not really enough to make him scary. They really want us to see him and Ezekiel as two sides of the same coin in their showmanship but as it's The Walking Dead they're going to spend 300 episodes doing it and drag it out as long as possible. Considering we've still got the Hilltop to check in with this it'll be half the series before any storyline progress is actually made.

Feels like a series that would work better in binge form at the moment. Waiting a whole week to shift the story millimetres is a bit depressing
  • Options

My problem at the moment is he'd work far better as a small part of Rick's group rather than the big bad. They're trying to hard to get us to drop our guard with him so he can do something horrible soon. They showed a little glimpse of it when his face changed when he heard the gunshot but that's not really enough to make him scary. They really want us to see him and Ezekiel as two sides of the same coin in their showmanship but as it's The Walking Dead they're going to spend 300 episodes doing it and drag it out as long as possible. Considering we've still got the Hilltop to check in with this it'll be half the series before any storyline progress is actually made.

Feels like a series that would work better in binge form at the moment. Waiting a whole week to shift the story millimetres is a bit depressing

Probably the best point ever made about the entirety of the Walking Dead!