Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    I thought this episode was much better than the previous 3 or 4. You can actually feel things starting to move, albeit slowly. And Negan does at least bring some life to the screen.
  • Options
    I only really liked the first season. Then it all just kept happening again. 6 times.
  • Options
    Think we have been spoilt with the first episode, the screenwriters know that it couldn't be topped so haven't really tried. This half season has been a set up for things to come and little else. Personally I have really enjoyed it so far
  • Options
    I did laugh at Negan's "You just became 50% hotter to me" line after being slapped.
  • Options
    Slightly better, but still boring and failed to hold my attention for the full hour.
  • Options
    Negan is a good baddie but this season has dragged. I'm not surprised at that as it can't be 100 miles an hour every week but I have started to get bored and I'm a huge fan from day 1
  • Options
    Carl definitely has a shocking haircut
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Carl definitely has a shocking haircut

cut him some slack. He lives in a zombie apocalypse, he can't walk down to the barbers and get a shirt back and sides

• Options
    The walkers have become a metaphor for the show now. It's stumbling along, making noises, being intermittently scary, largely predictable. And it'll keep going until someone shoots it in the head.
  • Options
    Without something big happening, like an explanation or something of some sort.
    A way to wipe out the walkers of high proportion, instead of shooting or stabbing them one by one.

Without that, then the end game is inievatable.

From what's left, people are dying at a much higher ratio then people giving birth ....and likely to keep young ones alive into adulthood.

The human population just meets its complete demise, from either being shot or bitten.

The way it's going, walkers own earth.

The end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The walkers have become a metaphor for the show now. It's stumbling along, making noises, being intermittently scary, largely predictable. And it'll keep going until someone shoots it in the head.

Sounds like us.
  • Options
    Just watched tonight's episode, its a good one and I think the second half of the season will be a whole lot better than this first half
  • Options
    It wants to be!

Surely they have dedicated enough whole episodes to building previously irrelevant people so we care a bit when they get massacred in the upcoming war
  • Options
    That bat stands up to bullets ridiculously well.
  • Options

That bat stands up to bullets ridiculously well.

It made of the same stuff as Jorge Costa.
  • Options
    Clawed it back for me, great episode and was a long time coming. Wasn't going to watch after the mid season break but I'll give it another chance
  • Options
    What's everybody's thoughts on the latest couple of episodes then? It's all being a little bit predictable at the moment. Still enjoyable though.
  • Options

What's everybody's thoughts on the latest couple of episodes then? It's all being a little bit predictable at the moment. Still enjoyable though.

The "gladiator" bit was quite good, the rest was a bit meh
  • Options
    I am enjoying it however I think its struggling a little since/because of the first episode. Very difficult to keep up that sort of intensity and hence for me its a little flat.

I have just started reading the comics, readcomicsonline, they are good. Haven't really read comics for about 20 years, used to collect them, only upto issue 30 and they are at the prison/governor stage. Lots of different characters and the tv series appears to be fairly loosely based on them. The artwork is excellent
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Didn't enjoy the last episode, apart from the gladiator scene, however, surely the walker in the armour and sword spikes would have reacted quicker to fresh human flesh arriving with a loud bang in his pit, rather than minute or two it seemed to take to turn around slowly.
    And King Azekiall (sic) is a twat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the first episode of this series I was pretty much dismayed and disgusted with the show. I deleted 6 episodes off the tele box without watching them. I forgot to cancel the series link so the latest episodes are recorded so I might start watching again. I think it's jumped the zombie shark though.
  • Options
    I wonder what viewing figures look like currently
  • Options
    The second half of the season is clearly supposed to be a pay-off for the agony and horrors of the first half, and I'm really glad they've reduced Neagan's screen time. Less is more with him. I really liked Rick's smile at the end of the last episode, I thought that was great. But didn't really buy into the weird cult thing. The way they walked around and spoke just seemed silly to me. Might work in comics but not so much on TV.

Still, getting a bunch of armies together (presumably the hidden women are next - Chekov's gun and all that) is quite an exciting prospect.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I wonder what viewing figures look like currently

Incredibly high, record breakingly high I'd imagine

It's building up again, you can't have carnage every single episode. I like them finding new groups of people and exploring the different dynamics
  • Options
    The stig of the dump goth cult was pretty weird but I liked the porcupine zombie with the metal skull cap. As the last two posters pointed out it's building to a big confrontation which will be fun but some of the tangent filler episodes they pack the show out with are poor.
  • Options
    The problem for me is I don't really care anymore, the Gladiator scene was alright but I found it a bit tiresome, Rick isn't going to die so I never feel like he is in danger so who cares if he is fighting a zombie with spikes in it's head, he's always going to win.
  • Options
    They play a lot on "carol is a bad ass" theme.

Maybe she should have her own spin off series!
  • Options
    This new lot who live at the dump are a step too far. The woman with the bad haircut who communicates with the expression-less followers (zombies) via hand-signals is naff.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the massive walker kill with the cars and the wire. That was awesome. The last two eps after the mid season break have been much better than the few just prior to the break. Still a bit too much filler for my liking but you can tell it's building up to a big battle.
  • Options

This new lot who live at the dump are a step too far. The woman with the bad haircut who communicates with the expression-less followers (zombies) via hand-signals is naff.

Dizzle said:

I enjoyed the massive walker kill with the cars and the wire. That was awesome. The last two eps after the mid season break have been much better than the few just prior to the break. Still a bit too much filler for my liking but you can tell it's building up to a big battle.

Agree with both.

Enjoyed the car wire scene.

Filla episodes are shit.

I think it makes it worse that it already is likely to follow a comic story that's already written and put out there.

I doubt neagan will die.

If he does, I predict it's by the jaw of the tiger.