Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1-0 to the plebs

Comments

• Options
    Just shouted " Come on Leeds, score !" And they did !!!!

Hope it stays 1 each with Brown & Diouf sent off at final whistle.....

And now watching a Massive Pillock hit Kirkland round the head.

Yeah, big club who " should be playing at a higher level" said the commentator ....
  • Options

Goernment Ministers and officers of all political parties have to set an example of how to treat the rest of society.

Good point. Unfortunately most of us remember a certain minister telling porkies about WMDs, invading the country , killing tens of thousands of innocents and bombing it back to the dark ages. Didn't even get a slap on the wrist. What a shame he didnt call someone a pleb and be forced to resign before he committed those atrocities. Still , we live and never learn.
    This is a sorry and insignificant story and a sad indicator of how society actually thinks . Seems to be the smaller the crime ,the bigger the punishment. We move on .

• Options

Just shouted " Come on Leeds, score !" And they did !!!!

Hope it stays 1 each with Brown & Diouf sent off at final whistle.....

And now watching a Massive Pillock hit Kirkland round the head.

Yeah, big club who " should be playing at a higher level" said the commentator ....

Wrong thread alert...!
  • Options

Not been following this particularly closely but seems to be a total non-story to me. You may not like his poloitics (I know I certainly don't) but the guy had a high stress job, lost his temper and later aplogised which was accepted by the injured party. End of the issue in my opinion and pretty pathetic that people feel it's a) appropriate and b) seem to be taking relish in hounding a man out of his job over something so petty.

He changed his story at least twice and was cycling out of Downing Street when he was asked to take a slightly different route - if he can't deal with that sort of stress then I don't think he should be in government.

Maybe, maybe not. Sufficient grounds for a witch hunt?
    Hardly a witch hunt, you try calling a policman a "fucking pleb" and let me know how you get on.

Well I wouldn't be forced to resign from my job, that's for sure.
    You might well be forced to resign having taken a few weeks unauthorised absence in a cell somewhere.
  • Options
    The story only kept going because he didn't own up to what he said. He compounded the problem by denying it - but without saying what he did say and then being inconsistent.
  • Options
    well done the Police Federation now put as much effort into finding the members of your own organisation who helped slander the dead at Hilllsborough .
  • Options
    kafka said:

Hang the Tory f****r!

the voice of Labour reason.
    LibDem mate ;o)
  • Options
    Stig said:

Not been following this particularly closely but seems to be a total non-story to me. You may not like his poloitics (I know I certainly don't) but the guy had a high stress job, lost his temper and later aplogised which was accepted by the injured party. End of the issue in my opinion and pretty pathetic that people feel it's a) appropriate and b) seem to be taking relish in hounding a man out of his job over something so petty.

He changed his story at least twice and was cycling out of Downing Street when he was asked to take a slightly different route - if he can't deal with that sort of stress then I don't think he should be in government.

Maybe, maybe not. Sufficient grounds for a witch hunt?
    Hardly a witch hunt, you try calling a policman a "fucking pleb" and let me know how you get on.

Well I wouldn't be forced to resign from my job, that's for sure.
    You might well be forced to resign having taken a few weeks unauthorised absence in a cell somewhere.
    For swearing at a copper? Get real.
  • Options
    Police state...please.

Working for the British Government is a position of honour and responsibility. You are expected to behave to a higher level than the average Joe turning up to the Valley tomorrow, not least because Joe is on well earned leisure time, whereas Mitchell was on HM service.
    Same goes for MP's still fiddling their expenses.
    And same goes for plod, as Goonerhater rightly points out
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Right on! Next non story please... Milliband caught playing knock down ginger on No 11 Downing St?

Thats 1-1 then. Deputy Prime Minister under Noo Labour thumps someone while in office and gets off scott free. Upper class tw@t gets narky with a member of plod for walking on the cracks in the pavement or something and eventually falls on his rather privileged arse.

Public inquiry, public inquiry !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Greater Manchester Police beg to differ:
  • Options
    Will Osbourne go for sitting in first class with a standard class ticket, on Newsnight Rees-Mogg said train tickets are very complicated. I am sorry but if the ticket says first class then that is where it is for, if it doesn't it is everywhere else. These people appear to be completely incompetant in ordinary life so how can they run the country.
  • Options
    Did he get fined at least twenty quid? I did for forgetting to renew a weekly the last week.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    aliwibble said:

Stig said:

Greater Manchester Police beg to differ:

That's a rather misleading tweet - not really the same situation at all.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1455473_riot-yob-from-ancoats-is-the-first-to-be-jailed
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    pickwick said:

Will Osbourne go for sitting in first class with a standard class ticket, on Newsnight Rees-Mogg said train tickets are very complicated. I am sorry but if the ticket says first class then that is where it is for, if it doesn't it is everywhere else. These people appear to be completely incompetant in ordinary life so how can they run the country.

This is one of the main reasons why I will never, never, never vote Tory, Lib Dems and Labour for the rest of my life.

We are being runned by politicians who had never had any real experience of real life, none of them have:

Runned businesses
    Runned Charities
    Carried out any real work experience
    Served the army

They are a bunch of college kids who are out of touch with the real world and are a bunch of posh people who believe they are better than anybody else. All of them practically depend on their political lives which is why they will never introduce a policy that they believe will help this Country which could possibly affect their career's. That's a good argument to admire Maggie Thatcher, I don't care what anybody say's about her policies and whether you agreed with her or not but at least she believed what was best for the UK whilist she was in power.

I would vote for a party whose politicans had experience of one or two of what I stated above.
  • Options
    Oh gawd, you had to go and mention Thatcher didn't you Disco?

Might as well close the thread now rather than prolonge to agony.
  • Options
    Who mentioned Thatcher? Grrrrrrrrrr

*waits for KentAddick to appear*
  • Options
    Just seen a mine in Wales is losing some jobs! Must have something to do with Thatcher! :-)
  • Options
    First let's say he did use the plebian word. Well it means "lower social class". So, is that any different from the way Gordon Brown, Ed Balls and his wife continually banged on about "ordinary hard-working families"? Personally, I find the latter much more offensive. Such a condesending phrase don't you think? What is actually meant by "ordinary" if not us plebs? Yet the press never picked up on it - funny that. I'd like to know what the plod were supposed to do at plebgate. Was it actually their job to open the gate for him or not? Let's face it, any plod allocated to some gate-opening duty is unlikley to be fast-tracked to the next rank are they? So, on reflection, pleb seems to be quite a kind description. I would have used a different one if some jobsworth copper had got in my way.
    As for traingate: man gets on train and asks to upgrade his standard ticket - hardly newsworthy. Yet he gets slaughtered. I remember someone on here who said they always travelled on trains on a kid's ticket yet he wasn't slammed for it. Why the double standards?
    My plea: please will people stop believing as gospel the crap they read in the useless UK press? Some years ago I drafted a short press release which was covered in the Financial Times in two column inches. Despite being spoon-fed the information they still made two mistakes which made the article nonsense. The lack of accuracy in the tabloids is really quite scary.
  • Options
    If a copper tells you to do something you do it. Isn't this what we tell our kids? Don't try and do dogy things with your tickets on buses, tubes or trains. Isn't this what we tell our kids? these people are our leaders! I blame Thacher
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My plea: please will people stop believing as gospel the crap they read in the useless UK press?

Nice plea. Unfortunately I can't see it happeneing. People are asleep and unable to think for themselves. It hurts their heads too much I guess. They need to wake up and smell the coffee!! And they need to stop being so precious.
  • Options
    Mitchell's actions were utterly indefensible and everyone but Cameron knew it, you cannot have a senior member of the government swearing at police and insulting them by calling them "plebs" - its disgraceful behaviour.

As others have said government ministers must conduct themselves to the highest possible standards and Mitchell clearly failed to meet these standards and more damning still clearly thought he had the right to talk to police in such a demeaning manner.

Cameron's government already has a reputation for being made up of privileged, out of touch MP's - something the PM is well aware of - so for a senior member if the government to go round telling the police they should "know their place" is unforgivable from a political perspective let alone a moral one.

Terrible management on this from Cameron - who I really don't mind as a PM - he should have sacked Mitchell on day one and made it clear this behaviour was never going to be condoned, by prevaricating he ends up looking weak and indecisive.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Cafcfan

I suspect that when you describe all the UK press as "useless', you include those parts of the press that inform you of things you don't to hear. In this case the useless press has a witness. She has a name and a job.

Rachel Townsend, a correspondent for ITV's Granada Reports programme, had been travelling on the same train...

..But that clashed with what Townsend said. She told ITV: "Then his aide approached the ticket collector right next to me. He said he is travelling with George and he has a standard ticket but can he remain in first class? The guard said no. The aide said Osborne couldn't possibly sit in standard class. The guard replied saying if he wants to stay it's £160. The aide said he couldn't pay and he couldn't really sit in standard. The guard refused to budge. The guard went on gathering tickets and later told me Osborne had agreed to cough up the £160."

are you calling this Ms Townsend a public liar, in the same way as Mitchell said the police were liars in how they reported the incident in their log-books?

• Options
    He denied saying the words and was basically asserting that the policemen were liars. If it were proven that they were lying then no doubt for sure those poliemen would have been sacked. Got what he deserved imo.
  • Options

Right on! Next non story please... Milliband caught playing knock down ginger on No 11 Downing St?

Thats 1-1 then. Deputy Prime Minister under Noo Labour thumps someone while in office and gets off scott free. Upper class tw@t gets narky with a member of plod for walking on the cracks in the pavement or something and eventually falls on his rather privileged arse.

Stupid argument - John Prescott was attacked - self-defence is perfectly legit, and besides the person who attacked him had a mullet.

• Options

Stupid argument - John Prescott was attacked - self-defence is perfectly legit, and besides the person who attacked him had a mullet.

Your quite correct for once BFR It should be perfectly legit to attack John Prescott !
  • Options

Your quite correct for once BFR It should be perfectly legit to attack John Prescott !
    What is it about threads like this that drag out pratts like you?

• Options
    The police have never lied to me.
    Oh hang on, yes they have.
    On three separate occasions.
    Classic 'believe whatever fits your prejudice' story.
  • Options
    Ouch
  • Options
    Pleb was not the only thing he said. For a man in his position he should know better. Especially in front of members of the public taking pictures by the gate.