Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1-0 to the plebs

Comments

• Options

My sister is a serving police officer and she doesn't care if Mitchell called a fellow officer a pleb or not. She's not overly concerned that her side has maybe tried to stitch up a toff politician.
    She cares about protecting the old dear from being mugged by a crackhead. She cares about protecting our property from being stolen by heroin addicts. She's concerned for the woman who's been raped and the child molested. She does it to try and stop situations where she has to tell the parents of a 17yr old kid's last moments alive before he died of stab wounds.

I wish some would remember not all police are bastards.

So because the fella, according to you, is a toff, he doesn't deserve the protection of the Old Bill as much as an old lady or 17 year old chav? Tough life.......
  • Options
    I'm more concerned that hes riding an old ladys bike with a woven basket on the front. He looks like a character from "Call the Midwife".
  • Options
    Let's try and maintain the humble dignity on this thread that Mr Mitchell has bravely demonstrated over the past few months.

If only for the sake of the children.
  • Options
    I bet he still wishes he said," good evening officer"
  • Options
    Has Ormiston said Solly yet?
  • Options

Has Ormiston said Solly yet?

Everything but
  • Options

My sister is a serving police officer and she's not overly concerned that her side has maybe tried to stitch up a toff politician.

Says it all really. The police are meant to be upholding the law, not breaking it & fabricating evidence (allegedly).
  • Options

My sister is a serving police officer and she doesn't care if Mitchell called a fellow officer a pleb or not. She's not overly concerned that her side has maybe tried to stitch up a toff politician.

I wish some would remember not all police are bastards.

You're not really helping their cause here, why do 'toffs' deserve less protection than anyone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    Even the good ones ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Extremely disturbing. Presumably 'Sun' 'journalists' appeared and offered the coppers concerned lots of lolly for their disclosures, their stories, and this pack of lies was concocted by LONG SERVING police officers who thought they would not get caught, earn a good few quid and bring contempt and ridicule upon the Tory Party.
    THE most disturbing aspect is the public ridicule, mistrust and exasperation brought on the whole police community by this fabrication of lies by a few greedy and misguided idiots. I am sure that 99% of Police officers in this country do a good job without resorting to lying, fitting up or coercing colleagues into ill-considered and leaky conspiracies.
    The West Midlands police union spokesman, if he is a serving officer, should be sacked and should forfeit his pension for misrepresenting what Mitchell said in his meeting with the police confederation representatives, EVEN THOUGH the whole conversatioon was recorded. The man is at best an idiot, at worst a bent and nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    @BIG_ROB - to set the record straight, the 17 year old who died in my sister's arms was a middle class A level student whose parents were both teachers. He was stabbed trying to protect his friend who was being mugged by three assailants. Tough life indeed. . . . . . . .
  • Options

@BIG_ROB - to set the record straight, the 17 year old who died in my sister's arms was a middle class A level student whose parents were both teachers. He was stabbed trying to protect his friend who was being mugged by three assailants. Tough life indeed. . . . . . . .

Eh? My point was that everyone from your class system deserves the same standard of service from the police, including "toffs" AND the middle classes......
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Eh? My point was that everyone from your class system deserves the same standard of service from the police, including "toffs" AND the middle classes......
    When you quoted me you made the assumption that the lad was a 'chav', I was just putting the record straight. At the time my sister couldn't have given a shit what social class the kid was from. All she cared about was trying to stop him bleeding to death.
    The mistake I made in my original post was to use the term 'toff politician'. That was MY slant on the situation (come on Rob, you know I lean to the left on certain things) not my sisters. What I should have said is she is not interested in the political skullduggery and agenda driven bullshit, she thinks it's pathetic. She chose that career path because she genuinely gives a fxxk about protecting the public from the scumbags and villains who make the lives of so many people miserable. She doesn't want to be used as a political tool.
    I only joined this discussion because I wanted to say that not all police officers are interested in waging a futile political war with the Coalition. Nor do they all wear the uniform because it gives their egos a boost and the power to bully (which I accept for some it does). Shocking as it may be to some on here whose blinkered prejudice is laughable, some police officers are actually decent human beings who want to make the streets safe for other decent human beings.

I quite enjoy our banter Rob so I think in the future the police should be one of those topics that should remain taboo.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    All of the above is commendable & I wouldn't be a copper for love nor money. Perhaps, you chose the wrong words, but the issue I had, was when you said she was not overly concerned, that the police had maybe tried to stitch up a politician.

She should be concerned, because it reflects on ALL police officers.
  • Options
    @Covered End - point taken and she probably is concerned how she is viewed by the public as she does her job professionally and with integrity. However her main concern is everything I've stated above.
  • Options
    Cheers for that. If the allegations are true, those "officers" concerned have made her job all the harder, as the public will have less trust & respect for the police. The bad apples always spoil the good ones.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

When you quoted me you made the assumption that the lad was a 'chav', I was just putting the record straight. At the time my sister couldn't have given a shit what social class the kid was from. All she cared about was trying to stop him bleeding to death.
    The mistake I made in my original post was to use the term 'toff politician'. That was MY slant on the situation (come on Rob, you know I lean to the left on certain things) not my sisters. What I should have said is she is not interested in the political skullduggery and agenda driven bullshit, she thinks it's pathetic. She chose that career path because she genuinely gives a fxxk about protecting the public from the scumbags and villains who make the lives of so many people miserable. She doesn't want to be used as a political tool.
    I only joined this discussion because I wanted to say that not all police officers are interested in waging a futile political war with the Coalition. Nor do they all wear the uniform because it gives their egos a boost and the power to bully (which I accept for some it does). Shocking as it may be to some on here whose blinkered prejudice is laughable, some police officers are actually decent human beings who want to make the streets safe for other decent human beings.

I quite enjoy our banter Rob so I think in the future the police should be one of those topics that should remain taboo.
    Fair play, but also just for the record, I ain't got a problem with the OB and have been slated for saying so on this very forum.
  • Options
    Interesting day today on this topic.
    Some people have egg all over their faces.
  • Options
    Never understood why this was a story in the first place, why make up a lie so pointless? (If it was a lie, I have no idea what's going on anymore).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Never understood why this was a story in the first place, why make up a lie so pointless? (If it was a lie, I have no idea what's going on anymore).

to undermine a government that has been cutting police budgets

• Options

Mitchell's actions were utterly indefensible and everyone but Cameron knew it, you cannot have a senior member of the government swearing at police and insulting them by calling them "plebs" - its disgraceful behaviour.

As others have said government ministers must conduct themselves to the highest possible standards and Mitchell clearly failed to meet these standards and more damning still clearly thought he had the right to talk to police in such a demeaning manner.

Cameron's government already has a reputation for being made up of privileged, out of touch MP's - something the PM is well aware of - so for a senior member if the government to go round telling the police they should "know their place" is unforgivable from a political perspective let alone a moral one.

Terrible management on this from Cameron - who I really don't mind as a PM - he should have sacked Mitchell on day one and made it clear this behaviour was never going to be condoned, by prevaricating he ends up looking weak and indecisive.

But it does give the ranters some bollocks to get their teeth into.

Utterly indefensible?
    Everyone but Cameron knew it?
    Calling them plebs - disgraceful behaviour?
    The privileged are unforgivable??
    Terrible management? Really, to stand up for an innocent man???

honestly, have a good look at yourself!
  • Options
    Can someone change the title to 1-1?
  • Options
    Get real Soapy - 6-1 with 3 key players from the lying cheating moral-free opposition banned for life!
  • Options
    Real? This world ain't real anymore...

December 2012

Hmm, high level member of a Coalition Govt, who happen to be in the middle of some painful and some say necessary restructuring of the Police taken out by the Police Union Federation...

The voices in my head are always right!!!

;0)
  • Options
    You've got crystal balls, my friend!
    Nice one!
  • Options
    did Ormy say Solly yet?
  • Options

did Ormy say Solly yet?

No chance . He's a journo, don't you know?!

• Options

Interesting day today on this topic.
    Some people have egg all over their faces.

Including some of my most favourite posters on here.....
  • Options
    What an interesting read....if you think that we have a few on this thread with the 'it confirms my prejudices so it must be true' attitude, some newspapers now have to backtrack on months of righteous indignation and condemnation from their readership. Or they might just conveniently forget the whole episode, of course.