Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton make a move for Freedman

Comments

• Options
    Bottom line is that Bolton will be prepared to pay very, very big wages to Freedman - certainly way, way in advance of what Palace are currently offering.

Freedman is a young bloke with a family, if Bolton offer him a four year deal on 1 million per season with big bonuses for promotion then he can become financially secure for life after a career in which he never got the chance to earn spectacular money.

Must be very tempting to get that kind of offer as a 38 year old who knows how fragile football can be as a career.
  • Options

Bottom line is that Bolton will be prepared to pay very, very big wages to Freedman - certainly way, way in advance of what Palace are currently offering.

Freedman is a young bloke with a family, if Bolton offer him a four year deal on 1 million per season with big bonuses for promotion then he can become financially secure for life after a career in which he never got the chance to earn spectacular money.

Must be very tempting to get that kind of offer as a 38 year old who knows how fragile football can be as a career.

brilliantly put
  • Options
    Richard Cawley taking some nasty Nigel comments on twitter. TBF he's re-tweeting them and laughing it off, especially now that Palace HAVE let Bolton talk to DF.
  • Options
    Cawley also saying Coppell lined up for a Selhurst return.
  • Options
    I would be absolutely staggered if he left Palace for Bolton.
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect it to happen

But if SCP wanted to talk to another club in our division I would be well disappointed so although they are striped plums

You have to question the commitment and loyalty of DF to them
  • Options
    Would be a smart move for Freedman. Ok Palace are on a decent run but the fact his own fans were calling for him to be sacked a few weeks ago shows how fragile a managers position is. If he goes to Bolton he gets more money, a squad with better players and (you would think) at least a year in charge.
  • Options
    Oh and it could mean Palace lose their form and slump down the table!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Oh and it could mean Palace lose their form and slump down the table!

If Lennie and Zaha go very soon
  • Options
    Freedman leaves and Lennie gets them promoted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    BBC London saying it is "inconcivable" that Freedman will stay and that Lennie and the other coach will go with him.

Mark Bright to be part of new coaching set up.
  • Options
    Cawley just tweeted

Freedman due to hold further talks with #bwfc today. Now sounding question of when - not if - he leaves.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Cawley just tweeted

Freedman due to hold further talks with #bwfc today. Now sounding question of when - not if - he leaves.

This has cheered me up no end, expect Zaha to leave in Jan as well!
  • Options
    So after Palace gave it the big one and denied Bolton access to talk to him, they then back down after about 3 hours. No backbone that club - is there anything they wouldn't try and sell?
  • Options
    Certainly not going to be giving it the biggun here.

He's on £125,000 a year at Palace, Bolton are offering £500,000 (3 year contract). (source: nigel at work with close links)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Richard J said:

Cawley just tweeted

Chris Powell is a Palace old boy. He wouldn't, would he?

And Curbs is still looking for something.

Just a thought before you cheer too loudly!
  • Options

Greenie said:

Richard J said:

Cawley just tweeted

Chris Powell is a Palace old boy. He wouldn't, would he?

And Curbs is still looking for something.

Just a thought before you cheer too loudly!
    IF IF IF things are that bad behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumpt ship given the opportunity #justsaying
  • Options

brilliantly put
    Beat me to it....reckon he will go then.
  • Options
    Would love to laugh at these ****ers but if we had a big sale then the money we recieved would go via TJ/MS and our club wouldn't see much or any of it.

At least them lot get the cash and it benefit's their "club"
  • Options
    I can see why Bolton fans would be underwhelmed at his appointment. He led Palace to the lofty heights of 17th last season.

And after what has been a great start to the season for Palace and obviously such a poor start for Bolton that they felt the need to sack Coyle, Bolton are only 6 points behind Palace.

As many others have said, i would put their position down to the performances of Zaha and Murray, than the managerial genius of Freedman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @BroadcastMoose: talkSPORT understands Dougie Freedman WILL NOT be in charge of CP at Barnsley tonight

Oh, you just them Nigels wetting 'emselves over this piece of news
  • Options
    Ah, the ever reliable Moose.
  • Options
    Moose is relentless
  • Options
    The world of football never ceases to amaze.

But then if what WSS says is true 125000 to 500000 is quite a difference.
  • Options
    only game ive seen Palace play this season is at home to us at Freedman got his tactics and team selection spot on
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The world of football never ceases to amaze.

But then if what WSS says is true 125000 to 500000 is quite a difference.

True, but we know that Bolton have paid their players above 50k per week in the Premiership and here they are - still on Premiership income because of their PPs - paying their most crucial employee five times less than that.

Incredible when you think about it.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how palace get on tonight without dougie in the dugout and their talisman Zaha suspended
  • Options
    I reckon Curbs would go to Palace, but am doubtful they would pay what he would ask. Can see Lennie taking it if offered and he doesn't go to Bolton.

Most worrying would be if CPFC approached CAFC for Powell, although I think CP's loyalty to his players and our fans would keep him here. That's assuming he still is here, bearing in mind the two difficult away games coming up.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I was wondering when the "Powell to Palace" idea would first be floated. Didn't expect it to be this particular poster though : - )