Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton make a move for Freedman

Comments

• Options
    "I'm not the sort of guy to leave a job half done" regarding him thinking he's half way to getting Palace to where he wanted them.

D'oh.
  • Options
    The last few seasons KP has been helping out with training and bits.

For example when the team for the weekend is going through set pieces etc KP will be taking training with the rest of the squad.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Curbs go to Palace he's dead to me....

afraid i have to agree
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Davo55 said:

I thought we already had Keith Peacock in an advisory role.

Could be wrong though.
    Not sure that Keith plays the same kind of role as Lennie. I've never noticed him on the bench, having his say during a game, for instance. I get the impression that Keith is more someone to turn to for support, rather than an active member of the management team. I could be wrong though.

Keith sits on the aisle seat in the Directors' Box next to MS & MP usually .He always makes his way down to the dugout approaching half time where he has a brief word with SCP before the whistle goes. Would think he's also in the dressing room at half time giving his viewpoint of what's gone on so far from where he sits. Then, second half, goes back to his seat .

I HAVE seen him rush down to the dugout during a game - ususally when something badly needs changing in his opinion, I guess , or to offer a piece of advice regarding tactics etc.

Great man, our Keith and I'm sure he'd welcome Lennie back onto the management team if asked.

• Options

LenGlover said:

Davo55 said:

I thought we already had Keith Peacock in an advisory role.

Could be wrong though.
    Not sure that Keith plays the same kind of role as Lennie. I've never noticed him on the bench, having his say during a game, for instance. I get the impression that Keith is more someone to turn to for support, rather than an active member of the management team. I could be wrong though.
    Keith sits on the aisle seat in the Directors' Box next to MS & MP usually .He always makes his way down to the dugout approaching half time where he has a brief word with SCP before the whistle goes. Would think he's also in the dressing room at half time giving his viewpoint of what's gone on so far from where he sits. Then, second half, goes back to his seat .

I HAVE seen him rush down to the dugout during a game - ususally when something badly needs changing in his opinion, I guess , or to offer a piece of advice regarding tactics etc.

Great man, our Keith and I'm sure he'd welcome Lennie back onto the management team if asked.

So your saying that KP is the message boy. Carrying orders from TJ/MS/MP to CP during games?
  • Options
    Thanks Fanny. I've never noticed him from my perch in the East stand. Keith is clearly more active on the management team than I had realised.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    You stirring, CWLC ?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest I feel a bit for them, they must be gutted having had such a good start to the season, we all know how we would feel if it was CP.
  • Options
    On another note, only briefly hinted at here, Freedman has made a very good start in management. I'm not sure if it's all down to Lennie, and even if 50% is, then Freedman has been savvy enough to utilise any advice. It does help that Zaha is (spit) clearly an excellent player and gives Freedman a bit of a glow about him.
    Either way Bolton have done very well to land him, because even without the zaha/lennie factor Freedman comes over as no mug, no mug at all.
    The most interesting factor now is who goes to Crystal Palace. In a crisis scenario I would have been pleased to see Freedman come here, and I reckon there are a good few Crystal Palace supporters, viewing their own crisis, who would be pleased to see Chris Powell there.
    I don't think Powell would voluntarily go to Crystal Palace though. On a personal level it would break my heart.
  • Options
    I would be devastate if Powell went to Palace... As we all would, and personally I think there is no chance... Unless he is thoroughly cheesed off with what is going on behind the scenes and has just been wearing a poker face...
  • Options
    Poor old Palarse !!

Teehee !
  • Options
    Has Freedman made that good a start to management?

17th last season, started terribly this season but nicked a win at our place and have gone on a good run since, but as a Palace fan here at work said, a couple of those wins were fortunate due to late comebacks and even now they're leaking goals.

Employing a manager off the back of just 8 games unbeaten doesn't sound like a great move to me. Before this little run Palace had won just 3 out of 25 games in 2012.
  • Options

17th last season, started terribly this season but nicked a win at our place and have gone on a good run since, but as a Palace fan here at work said, a couple of those wins were fortunate due to late comebacks and even now they're leaking goals.

Employing a manager off the back of just 8 games unbeaten doesn't sound like a great move to me. Before this little run Palace had won just 3 out of 25 games in 2012.

You make good points here, and your facts certainly weigh against my mere impression of Freedman. It will be interesting to see how he gets on now. Maybe he is gonna be more found out in what will be a bit of an alien environment for him.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

a summer where he made a few new signings, a developing squad he assembled, and he's a young manager thats learning from his mistakes. perhaps thats what Bolton see and want?
  • Options
    What a bonkers move that he will no doubt regret, I'm sure.
  • Options
    Steve Coppell and Mark Bright it sounds like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as if Powell would go there
  • Options
    I can see him back at Palace by the end of season, if he fails to get Bolton playing better(as they have to get promoted) and Palace drop down the table.
  • Options

as if Powell would go there

agreed ... no way will he go to Palace ... just will not happen

.... I hope ;-)
  • Options
    I dont understand this at all:
    Firstly why would they want him? he doesnt exactly have the greatest record other then a good run at the mo..
    Also why would he leave Palars for Bolton , bigger club, but he is settled and seems to be doing ok?

As long as both him and Palars suffer and go on a bad run, equally would like him to do bad at bolton.. heres hoping :)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

The day people start calling for CP head when we are in a postion we are currently and after last season, is the day i really start to lose my passion for this club and football in general, club legend and all round nice guy, we our so lucky right now in terms of management team.

Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude.

But the reality is they won't!
    Read the Barnsley stats thread!
    Not sure that the Barnsley stats thread has any relevance, as my point was addressed at

"Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude."
  • Options
    What is it about Scottish managers, Freedman is yet another one from Glasgow!
  • Options

What a bonkers move that he will no doubt regret, I'm sure.

I disagree. He could argue he has left Palace in a better position than when he started and they have blooded youngsters. They are also in my opinion in a false position in the league and would have / will drop down the table as the season progresses whether Freedman was manager or not. Basically because of a good run since they beat us his time at Palace will be considered a success. If he had stayed a poor run would have brought the 'sack him' nigels back out.

He has gone to Bolton and will get the opportunity to get them promoted. If he succeeds he will be a Premiership manager and if he fails he will be able to argue their debt / finances made his job impossible. Either way he's guaranteed a 3rd managerial job in English football (hope that makes sense).

• Options
    Strange one
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

The day people start calling for CP head when we are in a postion we are currently and after last season, is the day i really start to lose my passion for this club and football in general, club legend and all round nice guy, we our so lucky right now in terms of management team.

Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude.

But the reality is they won't!
    Read the Barnsley stats thread!
    Not sure that the Barnsley stats thread has any relevance, as my point was addressed at

"Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude."
    Sorry Kap I quoted you rather than Gretna Green Addick in error.
  • Options

Also why would he leave Palars for Bolton , bigger club, but he is settled and seems to be doing ok?

Quadrupling his wages (allegedly) must play a pretty important role in his decision