Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton make a move for Freedman

Comments

• Options
    no way in a million years would powell go palace. no way. so stop it.
  • Options
    I think that it's a really good move for Bolton. Hopefully, it has a negative impact upon Palace.
  • Options

I agree. However, if he had already been sacked by us then that would be an other matter entirely.

• Options

That's assuming he still is here, bearing in mind the two difficult away games coming up.

in your opinion, if we lost both would his position be in serious jeopardy ?

• Options
    "Two difficult away days", the two home games after those away games are not exactly gimme's, Boro & Cardiff will be tough
  • Options

Hope you are right Gary.

• Options
    He wouldnt leave us for them, he has to much respect for us fans and despite current league postion at best it is a side-step but if TJ did something stupid like sacking Chrissy then i don't see why he wouldnt take that job.
  • Options
    Whoooah!

Stop this here & now everyone, this is the sort of talk that ends up getting reported as fact...or even FACT. What we need now more than anything else is a bit of stability and speculation about Chrissy's future, especially being linked to that lot, ain't going to help.

...and it also makes a little bit of sick come up just thinking about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    people losing their jobs at board/staff level is different coaching staff. i dont think TJ would dare sack Powell even if we were in the bottom 3 at xmas.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

i dont think TJ would dare sack Powell even if we were in the bottom 3 at xmas.

He would. 12 more league games before Xmas, and alarm bells would start ringing if we were in the bottom 3 after Dec 22

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I very much doubt SCP would go to Palace. Not that it is all about money in his case but SCP was on 200k a year when he joined us so if Palace were only paying DF 125 then they would never be able to afford him. I just hope that whatever is going on behind the scenes at our place doesn't result in something totally daft happening and SCP even having the option of talking to them...
  • Options

The day people start calling for CP head when we are in a postion we are currently and after last season, is the day i really start to lose my passion for this club and football in general, club legend and all round nice guy, we our so lucky right now in terms of management team.

Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude.

But the reality is they won't!
  • Options
    Bournemouth is right, let's end this 'hes gonna get sacked' if he loses the next two games nonsense.

It's not gonna happen
  • Options
    Mcleish to Palace...would be great
  • Options
    JT said:

Mcleish to Palace...would be great

Imminent relegation if that happened- would be great.

• Options

Bournemouth is right, let's end this 'hes gonna get sacked' if he loses the next two games nonsense.

It's not gonna happen

He'll walk before then. ;-)

• Options
    Eddie Howe to Palace :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Parkys done alright at Bradford, they should let him have a pop at it. Sell Zaha, bring in Mooney & Francis.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

The day people start calling for CP head when we are in a postion we are currently and after last season, is the day i really start to lose my passion for this club and football in general, club legend and all round nice guy, we our so lucky right now in terms of management team.

Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude.

But the reality is they won't!
    Read the Barnsley stats thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here's another scenario.....

Freedman goes to Bolton
    Lennie doesn't want to move North, doesn't want to be in the hot seat again
    New guy wants his own back up team
    Lennie returns to Charlton in an advisory/support role to Chrissie Powell

Possible? Would Chrissie be ok with that? Good move for us?

I could see that happening, maybe........
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Here's another scenario.....

Freedman goes to Bolton
    Lennie doesn't want to move North, doesn't want to be in the hot seat again
    New guy wants his own back up team
    Lennie returns to Charlton in an advisory/support role to Chrissie Powell

Possible? Would Chrissie be ok with that? Good move for us?

I could see that happening, maybe........

I thought we already had Keith Peacock in an advisory role.

Could be wrong though.
  • Options

Could be wrong though.

Not sure that Keith plays the same kind of role as Lennie. I've never noticed him on the bench, having his say during a game, for instance. I get the impression that Keith is more someone to turn to for support, rather than an active member of the management team. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Davo55 said:

Could be wrong though.

Not sure that Keith plays the same kind of role as Lennie. I've never noticed him on the bench, having his say during a game, for instance. I get the impression that Keith is more someone to turn to for support, rather than an active member of the management team. I could be wrong though.

Keith is often on the pitch after matches although, that said, I didn't notice him on Saturday.
  • Options
    Said on the radio This morning that DF's contract is up at the end of the season, so I'm guessing Bolton won't have too offer to much to get him.
  • Options
    sounds like a done deal
  • Options
    BBC saying he's going now (story updated 15.12)
  • Options
    Also made me think about CP's contract , he'll only have a year left in January, is it worth trying to si
  • Options
    Curbs go to Palace he's dead to me....
  • Options
    Cut off in mid flight!

Is it worth trying to sign CP on a longer term deal?