Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New footballers union.

...just for black players? Yeah, just heard about it on BBC Radio 2.

Discuss...

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Clearly the best way to fight racism is to create a new union only for black players thus creating a divide between black and white footballers.

On a side note I wonder what would have happened if a white player came out and said I'm boycotting the Kick it out campaign and refused to wear the shirt. Jason Roberts and co think racism is all about black people. It's not possible for any other race to be victims of racism.
  • I give it 2 hours... (On here that is)
  • seems pretty racist to me
  • Clearly the best way to fight racism is to create a new union only for black players thus creating a divide between black and white footballers.

On a side note I wonder what would have happened if a white player came out and said I'm boycotting the Kick it out campaign and refused to wear the shirt. Jason Roberts and co think racism is all about black people. It's not possible for any other race to be victims of racism.

How many white players have been victims of racism in this country ?
  • se9addick said:

Clearly the best way to fight racism is to create a new union only for black players thus creating a divide between black and white footballers.

On balance, how many black players have been racially abused in THIS country in recent years?
  • Not sure why the issues that black players have cannot be raised and tackled by the PFA. This feels like a backward step to me.
  • Absolute joke
  • I have, I got called a fuckin English bastard when I played. Don't matter who said this to me it's a insult marked by my race surely?

That's racism isn't it?
  • se9addick said:

I feel like a victim of racism every time Jason Roberts does an interview. He thinks all white people are racist.
  • BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

On balance, how many black players have been racially abused in THIS country in recent years?
    England or France ?

BTW I don't think this is a good idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• This idea is racist in itself, they think they are a minority again and are doing this to combat it, but all its doing is digging a deeper hole
  • se9addick said:

BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

England or France ?

England
  • BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

England or France ?

England
    Well, on balance, I'd imagine more black than white players have been racially abused in England this year, wouldn't you ?

se9addick said:

I feel like a victim of racism every time Jason Roberts does an interview. He thinks all white people are racist.
    He's an idiot, but I don't think he believes all white people are racist. I'd rather I didnt have to listen to his shocking punditry though.
  • Not the way forward.
  • @se9addick. If you, like me, don't agree with it why are you splitting hairs and arguing about it?

There's possibly been 2 - 3 high profile, supposed racial incidents in English football in the last 2 years, that's why I think it a load of old Tosh!!
  • Is this just a proposal or is it actually going ahead?
  • WSS said:

I give it 2 hours... (On here that is)

Thread to be closed at 9pm then :-)

• Is this just a proposal or is it actually going ahead?

Proposal mate, but sounds like Ferdinand is backing it.....
  • Will mixed race players that have one black parent and one white parent only be allowed to half join?
  • shirty5 said:

WSS said:

Thread to be closed at 9pm then :-)

Not sure why though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012
    Absolutely ridiculous idea. So a handful of racist idiots have warranted calls for an utterly divisive scheme to be introduced.

There is no difference between a black footballer and a white footballer other than skin pigmentation. Why on earth something as divisive as this has to be introduced is beyond me. Tackle racism in the game as one people (without sounding too hippyish) without the need to divide people into groups based on their skin colour.

Why don't we go the whole hog and re introduce one of Ron Atkinson's white v black matches to get the ball rolling if the new colour based union comes into play. Seriously dont get the thinking behind it and despite the good intentions I cant work it out.

• Like I said in the other thread over the weekend

To do this is divisive and should not happen

However the PFA have caused this to have acted in such a weak way will alienate the people it is supposed to be representing

This country has gone great strides in combating and targeting racism within our game The PFA have led that stance

Recently the PFA have failed to act appropriately in the support of black players in high profile incidents

When the union you support and pay towards
    Stops representing you as an individual
    There are two options

You stay the same and feel unrepresented

Or you target change and break away

This is simple

Don't be afraid to say it is unfair to have a black players union if you don't have a white players union

But under the laws of this land it is illegal to have a body of people that has restrictions on joining by skin colour

White people can join the black players union

It's a bold and interesting move by those involved and I believe it will take twenty or so years before they enable any difference of approach by those they wish to influence

• I'm all for it as long as we have a white players union as well :-)
  • But only if black players can join it
  • But only if black players can join it

It's called the PFA ;-)

Current Chair Clarke carlisle, predecessor Chris Powell.

• WSS said:

Just out of interest WSS, why do you only give it two hours? You're a mod. What is going to cause you to sink the thread?
  • anyone who questions him
  • Because it won't take long before someone fails to be able to debate without dragging the gutter to this thread
  • Because it won't take long before someone fails to be able to debate without dragging the gutter to this thread
  • Jog on fatso