Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New footballers union.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ebony and ivory,
    Live together in perfect harmony.
    Side by side on my keyboard, oh Lord
    Why can't we?

Hate racism but not liking this idea. Just another form of seperation in my eyes.
  • Options
    Rio and Anton statement tonight in summary

Very let down with PFA and FA over the last 12 months

Supported the kick it out campaign

Will continue to have dialog with current bodies

Feel that the relevant bodies have done great work I. The past but need to be bought up to date

• Options
    WSS said:

True DA9, but I think it's naive to think Kick It Out was not initiated due to racism towards black players. It wasn't because white people had suffered from racist abuse from the terraces that's for sure...

I get that, and of course that's where it's initial beginnings stemmed from, but racism is not just a black issue, which some seem to think it is.
  • Options
    Well if each premiership football, 500 of them in the 25 man squads, gave £1000 a year (so on average about 1/20th of 1 percent of an average premiership players annual salary) that would more than double Kick It Outs annual budget. So when Rio says "supported" does he mean actually gave support, or does he mean wore the t-shirt for 30 minutes a year?
  • Options
    Rio Ferdinand, a man reprimanded by the FA for a clearly racist remark (choc ice/Ashley Cole) taking the moral high ground on racism, complete and utter fud with no credibility
  • Options
    @Loco

Your original post asked for a definition of racism. You know full well what racism is, as our correspondence on Charlton Life proved.
    Loco said:

No, that is how the law defines it in relation to a disorder offence which is something quite different.
    Then there is this, which would suggest you have a pretty sound awareness of the subject, after which you ask what we tell our children the KROOF badges mean. My lad doesn't need it explained to him, because he already understands it without any prompting from me. And more importantly, so do you.

That's enough from me, goodnight

• Options
    Redskin said:

@Loco

Your original post asked for a definition of racism. You know full well what racism is, as our correspondence on Charlton Life proved.

Loco said:

No, that is how the law defines it in relation to a disorder offence which is something quite different.
    Then there is this, which would suggest you have a pretty sound awareness of the subject, after which you ask what we tell our children the KROOF badges mean. My lad doesn't need it explained to him, because he already understands it without any prompting from me. And more importantly, so do you.

That's enough from me, goodnight

Nunight!
  • Options
    Whats a kroof badge
  • Options

Whats a kroof badge

Kick Racism out of football I imagine. Either that or something you get at the famous dog show.
  • Options
    Racism is just borne out of ignorance. If you know plenty of people that are of a different race to you, then you are unlikely to be racist - i.e mix everyone up and the problem goes away, because you soon realise that most people are decent and worthy of respect, whatever they look like. I see Chris Powell as a fantastic role model in encouraging this.

This new union would do the opposite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Any one else think this is about the Ferdinands v terry and Chelsea --

I think the campaign has done well and no matter how hard you try some one/two will spoil it - the improvement from the fans has been superb ..and lets keep it going
  • Options
    Started me own little association up, it's called the White Pest Control Technicians Association or WPCTA for short! Anyone can join, just gotta be a pest control technician! One at a time.......
  • Options
    How black do you have to be ?

Rio Ferdinand and Bradley Wright-Phillips are very different colours
  • Options
    Where's the quote gone!

"LenGloverMember
    October 24
    There is nothing wrong with the theory of members of an organisation setting up their own alternative organisation if they feel unrepresented.
    The practicalities are somewhat different though with the specific case of the PFA and proposed BPA.
    One example could be the longstanding pension scheme run by the PFA. If a player leaves to join the BPA does he sacrifice his pension rights? It's academic to high profile Premership players who earn telephone numbers and can afford to walk away but what about those lower down the food chain in leagues one and two or the Conference?"

I totally agree Len, the practicalities of this proposal make it very unlikely to suceed. The PFA regulates all proffesional clubs' discipliary procedures and club fines, they represent them in a traditional trade union way as all clubs recognise the union and they do practical things like the pension that you have mentioned.

It is unlikely to succeed but that is not because it shouldn't be allowed to be considered. If the players want to forgo being represented by their employer's recognised union (and many union members do) then it is their choice.
    And that is the point. It is their choice and not for other people to tell them it is racist, non-progessive, or detremental to the PFA / FA / BME players etc etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ofcourse we don't want racisim in the game or any form of life but before the Terry/Ferdinand saga there wasn't any public outcry about the issue mainly because racist abuse certainly isn't used by fans at footballmatches here compared to various others..

Setting up such a group may not resolve the issues but actually create more friction within the game - I know the general feeling is that Terry was let off lightly which is fair enough compared to Suarez for example.

The main idea seem to be to make sure black people in football get a chance to become managers/coaches but again how can it be proved clubs aren't picking them just because of their colour?
  • Options
    I suspect that is why our expensively assembled 'premier' sides are doing badly in Europe and are also loooking a bit shabby at home .. the players have everything on their minds except football .. who shakes hands with whom, who wears what Tshirt on which occassion, who called who a rude name, who's up in court having wrecked another Merc when drunk .. I'm getting bored with all of 'em , black, white and all shades inbetween.
    Anyway, the PFA has been a bastion of 'black influence' for years. Bobby Barnes was on the radio this a.m. .. I believe he's the vice pres or somesuch. How long has he been around for?. Batson, Powell, Carlisle etc etc .. but perhaps these worthies are perceived as being mere choc-ices, simply coconuts by some of their bretheren.